• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I am looking for an Amiga game which was a point and click adventure and it started out with you being a window cleaner of a skyscraper. You were in this crane elevator thingy which allows you to clean the windows from the outside. At this point I am not sure this game actually exists... 😅

of course it does.
It's Future Wars!

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Sega game where you platformed as a red coin with sunglasses and there's a level on a beach! When I got a SEGA Megadrive as a kid that's one of the games I remember my Mum and Dad getting me!
That would be Cool Spot.

I loved it and played it to death on the Amiga.

Edit: Stupid me didn;t see the replies :)

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
I am looking for an Amiga game which was a point and click adventure and it started out with you being a window cleaner of a skyscraper. You were in this crane elevator thingy which allows you to clean the windows from the outside. At this point I am not sure this game actually exists... 😅

Maybe it was Future Wars - Time Travellers

Edit: Stupid me didn;t see the replies :)

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I don't know if i'll ever be able to find this game nowadays, but this thread is worth a try.

For starters, it was a heavily stylized PS2 title, must have been old by the time i got it on my hands. Had a strong Eastern vibe, tho i'm not sure at all if it came from there as well.

What i do remember in detail, was the main character holding a hammer as his main weapon, real-time combat in an actual 3D space, with a heavy focus on platforming and its fairly large stages for exploration. The first level took place in a rural plantation area within the night and there was a windmill as a point of interest around the field.

I wasn't able to progress that much since english was way harder for me at the time, tho i can recall another area during the day being filled with lava, while also being able to talk with a NPC there.

I had a really good time with it when i was little, it was very atmospheric and challenging with how it basically dropped you to explore on your own.

Would love to see it again.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I don't know if i'll ever be able to find this game nowadays, but this thread is worth a try.

For starters, it was a heavily stylized PS2 title, must have been old by the time i got it on my hands. Had a strong Eastern vibe, tho i'm not sure at all if it came from there as well.

What i do remember in detail, was the main character holding a hammer as his main weapon, real-time combat in an actual 3D space, with a heavy focus on platforming and its fairly large stages for exploration. The first level took place in a rural plantation area within the night and there was a windmill as a point of interest around the field.

I wasn't able to progress that much since english was way harder for me at the time, tho i can recall another area during the day being filled with lava, while also being able to talk with a NPC there.

I had a really good time with it when i was little, it was very atmospheric and challenging with how it basically dropped you to explore on your own.

Was it Malice ?

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017

This doesn't exactly fit, but just in case you're mis-remembering some details...was it Dark Chronicle?

Tamazoid

Oct 28, 2017
I've been trying on and off for years to find out the name of an arcade game I played in the early 2000s (in Australia).

The only think I can compare it to gameplay wise is Battle Tanx (The N64 game) (also similar to Tank! Tank! Tank!, but at least a decade earlier). . It was set up as two players in separate tank-like cabinets and you went head to head through an urban city environment. I believe there was destructible environments as well.

Any thoughts from any arcade connoisseurs here?

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
I've been trying on and off for years to find out the name of an arcade game I played in the early 2000s (in Australia).

The only think I can compare it to gameplay wise is Battle Tanx (The N64 game) (also similar to Tank! Tank! Tank!, but at least a decade earlier). . It was set up as two players in separate tank-like cabinets and you went head to head through an urban city environment. I believe there was destructible environments as well.

Any thoughts from any arcade connoisseurs here?
The only one that comes to mind is Tokyo Wars. I may be wrong since I played it long ago in Guadalajara but I do remember that you fight in a city on a double cabinet.

EDIT: posting image

images

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
There's a game I barely remember from more than 25 years ago (PC). You started outside and could go left to a screen with an abyss, or to the right there were some worms crawling on the floor and maybe some other enemies. I only played the game once or twice because it was destroyed by a virus, but it left a lasting impression.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
There's a game I barely remember from more than 25 years ago (PC). You started outside and could go left to a screen with an abyss, or to the right there were some worms crawling on the floor and maybe some other enemies. I only played the game once or twice because it was destroyed by a virus, but it left a lasting impression.

Another World maybe?

Tamazoid

Oct 28, 2017
The only one that comes to mind is Tokyo Wars. I may be wrong since I played it long ago in Guadalajara but I do remember that you fight in a city on a double cabinet.

EDIT: posting image

images

Thanks! That's definitely it. Just had a look at the promotional material/cabinet design and it's the one I remember.
I have a lot of fond memories playing it with my dad and older brother, so it's great I now know what it was called.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Was it on a medieval setting or something more futuristic?

More medieval for sure, if i had to describe it, the game was more like dark fantasy than anything else.

Not really horror themed, but with some similar flavours related to character designs.

This doesn't exactly fit, but just in case you're mis-remembering some details...was it Dark Chronicle?

Nope, tho i've been seeing some pretty good guesses considering it's quite similar in some ways.

Thanks!

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
But...Another World main platform IS the Amiga !

Damn, abyss to the left, worms to the right was a perfect match for AW.

Anything else you remember ? Main character, for example?

I misremembered it as a much worse game than it is, it actually is Another World! I just watched a video. Sorry for doubting you! 😅 Thanks!

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 31 now and I remember in 4th or 5th grade playing a game on the school computers. My best guess at the name is "key"

You played what I remember is a ball and you would have to go through mazes and dodge obstacles. To finish the level you would just have to make it to the key. I don't remember their being a lot of levels, but perhaps that was just a shareware demo. I also remember a lot of the color yellow.

Never been able to find this game again, everyone always just says chips challenge. Hope you guys can solve my mystery finally!

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
I'm 31 now and I remember in 4th or 5th grade playing a game on the school computers. My best guess at the name is "key"

You played what I remember is a ball and you would have to go through mazes and dodge obstacles. To finish the level you would just have to make it to the key. I don't remember their being a lot of levels, but perhaps that was just a shareware demo. I also remember a lot of the color yellow.

Never been able to find this game again, everyone always just says chips challenge. Hope you guys can solve my mystery finally!
"Kye"?

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
I need a PC 3D platformers expert here. :P

I saw one of these on my Steam client the day before yesterday, but I forgot to add it to my wishlist, and I've been looking for it since, I feel like I've literally wasted hours searching for it, it's driving me crazy at this point. I tried the 3D Platformer tag, the term, the everything, but nope. It's like it never existed.

And all I can remember from its trailer is that it was very colorful and that the character precisely jumped between floating objects, one of these objects was probably a huge hot dog. And there was a negative review complaining about its difficultly and bad play testing or something.

I know, that's too broad, but hey no harm in trying.
SoulTrap had a level based around hopping between floating giant foods.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
SoulTrap had a level based around hopping between floating giant foods.
That's an interesting looking title, never heard of it. But I don't think it's on Steam; the one I saw is most likely a recent niche indie title. I've given up on finding it, lol. Thanks for the suggestion tho. :)

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Sega game where you platformed as a red coin with sunglasses and there's a level on a beach! When I got a SEGA Megadrive as a kid that's one of the games I remember my Mum and Dad getting me!

I see it's been answered already but did people not realize at the time that cool spot was a 7 up mascot? He was pretty prevalent back in the day, he's literally supposed to be the red dot in the logo

7Up-Logo-7.jpg

He was either the predecessor or successor to Fido Dido lol

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
He was either the predecessor or successor to Fido Dido lol

From Wikipedia:

Regional differences
In the European release, the 7 Up bottle was removed from the intro and replaced by a generic soda bottle of similar color. The decision was made to avoid associating the 7 Up Spot with the 7 Up brand, in a region where Fido Dido has been considered the brand's official mascot since the 1980s. [4]

I had no idea! Fido Dido was so popular in my country in the 90s (ubiquitous in T-shirts, notebook covers and stickers), but that character was never associated with any other brands.

7 Up didn't even exist in my country back then, and when it was released, it only lasted for two years before being discontinued, never having mascots of any sort.

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
I need a PC 3D platformers expert here. :P

I saw one of these on my Steam client the day before yesterday, but I forgot to add it to my wishlist, and I've been looking for it since, I feel like I've literally wasted hours searching for it, it's driving me crazy at this point. I tried the 3D Platformer tag, the term, the everything, but nope. It's like it never existed.

And all I can remember from its trailer is that it was very colorful and that the character precisely jumped between floating objects, one of these objects was probably a huge hot dog. And there was a negative review complaining about its difficultly and bad play testing or something.

I know, that's too broad, but hey no harm in trying.

It's a long shot but any chance that it could be Rocket Boots Mania (previously called Ricky Runner)? Your description is very vague so it'll be really hard to find.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
It's a long shot but any chance that it could be Rocket Boots Mania (previously called Ricky Runner)? Your description is very vague so it'll be really hard to find.

Unfortunately no. This game is on my wishlist. :P

Yeah sorry I know it's vague but that's all I could remember, one tiny detail to add is that the game has no buildings, no floors or roofs, just floating objects. Kinda like this game:

But with a small character and a colorful setting instead. And not a parkour/speedrunning game.

Last edited:

Donuts

Oct 28, 2017
I'm fairly certain this is a PS1 game.

Gameplay
The gameplay is a tactics style game similar-ish to Final Fantasy Tactics but I don't think it was very story focused. The camera is at a similar angle to FFT and you had many troops you could control. I remember the tiles themselves being a bland dark-blue color. I think I remember being able to use items. I remember being being able to play head to head against player 2 OR play as a team against an AI.

Look
I feel like the color scheme had a lot of reds and blues. The menus had a "symphony of the night" feel to them, meaning they looked very basic and just had some basic colors in the background.

In-game also looked fairly basic in terms of details, or lack thereof. The tiles themselves were a dark blue color with no real texture to them. They were kind of just floating in space and the background image was nothing significant, I vaguely remember it being just shades of colors as well. I believe each unit had artwork associated with it and I want to say they all looked very anime.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine was visiting his girlfriend and saw a neighbor play a game that looks pretty cool, he recorded a video of it through the window :P Does anyone know what game that is?

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.

Gameplay
The gameplay is a tactics style game similar-ish to Final Fantasy Tactics but I don't think it was very story focused. The camera is at a similar angle to FFT and you had many troops you could control. I remember the tiles themselves being a bland dark-blue color. I think I remember being able to use items. I remember being being able to play head to head against player 2 OR play as a team against an AI.

Look
I feel like the color scheme had a lot of reds and blues. The menus had a "symphony of the night" feel to them, meaning they looked very basic and just had some basic colors in the background.

In-game also looked fairly basic in terms of details, or lack thereof. The tiles themselves were a dark blue color with no real texture to them. They were kind of just floating in space and the background image was nothing significant, I vaguely remember it being just shades of colors as well. I believe each unit had artwork associated with it and I want to say they all looked very anime.

I'm not sure about some of the stuff you describe, but the menu being "sotn" in feel kind of sounds like Hoshigami. It kind of looks blueish to me, as well.

Donuts

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure about some of the stuff you describe, but the menu being "sotn" in feel kind of sounds like Hoshigami. It kind of looks blueish to me, as well.

Unfortunately that's not it :( I wonder if it actually was one of the more story focused tactics games but it had a training mode or something that looked a lot more basic.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Gameplay

Look

Kartia? Or maybe Arc the Lad 2... [Edit: nah can't be Arc the Lad 2, camera angle isn't isometric]

Edit 2: am I forgetting the obvious Vandal Hearts here?

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Is it Rune?

Or maybe Mark of Kri or its sequel:

Donuts

Oct 28, 2017
Kartia? Or maybe Arc the Lad 2... [Edit: nah can't be Arc the Lad 2, camera angle isn't isometric]

Edit 2: am I forgetting the obvious Vandal Hearts here?

Unfortunately it's neither game :/ though my description is surprisingly on point with a lot of what folks have suggested.

Something worth noting is that the tiles being blue wasn't because of a character selection showing where you can move, the tiles were literally just blue.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017

Gameplay

Look

Battle Hunter ?

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
There's a game that I played as a kid that's been in my head for a while but can't find anything on. It was like a puzzle/platformer game about a bird pushing an egg to its destination. Only other detail is that I think it's an 8-bit game but my memory is really foggy.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
There's a game that I played as a kid that's been in my head for a while but can't find anything on. It was like a puzzle/platformer game about a bird pushing an egg to its destination. Only other detail is that I think it's an 8-bit game but my memory is really foggy.

Bird or penguin?

dokidoki-penguin-land-japan001.jpg

Doki Doki penguin land?

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017