• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
Is there a weapon based fighting game like soul blade on ps1? One of the first games I played on the ps1 was this game and I thought it was soul blade. My mind keep telling me it wasn't soul blade.

Joelington

Sep 13, 2019
Canada
Had memories of two old games that I can't seem to place the names of.

First was on the N64; it was a sci-fi racing game where all the cars were futuristic dune buggy type things, (I think). Also, as the tracks loaded you'd see a wire-frame version of the track and details would load on top.

Second was a Gamecube title. You were on an island and had to construct monsters with various unlockable parts, then compete against other monsters in stat-based minigames.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had memories of two old games that I can't seem to place the names of.

First was on the N64; it was a sci-fi racing game where all the cars were futuristic dune buggy type things, (I think). Also, as the tracks loaded you'd see a wire-frame version of the track and details would load on top.

Second was a Gamecube title. You were on an island and had to construct monsters with various unlockable parts, then compete against other monsters in stat-based minigames.
Extreme-G for the first one?

Cubivore for the second?

Thagirion

Dec 6, 2018
At first sight , but more because ok , supposedly Konami push Kojima back, ok metal gear is a consolidated franchise, now the mad dog is free and no holds barred lets see how genius is left in the tank.
im never happy with a game failing and I hope death stranding is a great experience

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I recall playing this PC game back in...I want to say 2004? 2005? It probably came out before that.

Only thing I can really recall is I think it was in a series games of exploring locations or something, but I recall tracking your journey down river (either the amazon or the Nile I want to say) and that every once in a while you'd arrive at a new location to interact with. Pretty sure those locations were point and click and probably cartoony (though I couldn't be sure). I played it at my friends house and feel like they had 2 in the same series, but I couldn't say for sure.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NES game, over the top camera and you drive a car into a classic GTA style map. You need to chase cars into a time limit.

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Someone pls help. You play as a looney tunes character, either bugs bunny or roadrunner I think. Late 90's or early 2000's. Early in the game you're in a desert area with reddish ground

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Sheep, Dog 'N Wolf?
Bugs Bunny: Lost in Time?
They look close to my memory but not quite - I'm remembering some sort of ability where you can burrow underground and move faster that way, and there's an effect where you see the dirt flying up out of the ground as you travel that way. I'm not sure if this is a real game I played or a dream I had

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They look close to my memory but not quite - I'm remembering some sort of ability where you can burrow underground and move faster that way, and there's an effect where you see the dirt flying up out of the ground as you travel that way. I'm not sure if this is a real game I played or a dream I had
Maybe the other Bugs Bunny game Time Busters is it?

Aug 28, 2019
Ooh, here's one. This was some kind of very early first-person 3D game creator, most likely early to mid 1990s. It came with a sample "game" where a giant face spit a wireframe laser out of its mouth.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thank you!

Now:

PSX game, third-person 3D shooter and you drive an orange (or red, can't remember now) futuristic hover tank in an open battlefield with several different foes and you need to shoot em all. The draw distance was pretty bad with a big black fog ahead. It was a 96 or 97 game, if I recall correctly.

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you!

Now:

PSX game, third-person 3D shooter and you drive an orange (or red, can't remember now) futuristic hover tank in an open battlefield with several different foes and you need to shoot em all. The draw distance was pretty bad with a big black fog ahead. It was a 96 or 97 game, if I recall correctly.
Might be the god awful Cyber Sled, or if you're misremembering things slightly, Assault Rigs?

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you!

Now:

You sure it was 3rd-person? It sounds like Machinehead otherwise,

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Let's try this again. I have multiple games that I just can't find

1) A Call of Duty game. There's one part in the campaign where you're underwater in a jungle/forest setting, and you can pull an enemy underwater followed by a pretty gruesome kill animation where you cut the guy's throat with a sawing motion.

2) A PC game where you move around a basket and try to grab as many eggs as possible. It takes place in a hen house and the eggs fall from the ceiling, with sometimes a pack of milk falling which was either good or bad, I don't remember.

3) A PC point-and-click adventure game where you have to find turtles that go missing at the start of the game. It's similair to Humongous's games but wasn't made by them. There's one part where you have to help a crocodile with rhyming.

4) A PC game where you played as a pirate crew? You traveled a ship in space and you decide to gather these stones that come in 3 colors (I think blue, green and yellow) and 5 different shapes. How you get them is what I don't remember, but you can see them in a sentient treasure chest that's also part of the crew I guess?

5) A console soccer game (late 2000s/early 2010s) that featured a mode where you can play indoors with a smaller team, and unlike the standard gameplay had unrealistic features like absurdly powerful shots and flashy visual effects.

Last edited:

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's try this again. I have multiple games that I just can't find

1) A Call of Duty game. There's one part in the campaign where you're underwater in a jungle/forest setting, and you can pull an enemy underwater followed by a pretty gruesome kill animation where you cut the guy's throat with a sawing motion.

2) A PC game that teaches the alphabet by showing you different words accompanied by a funny animation of said word being demonstrated. This most likely only released in my country (the Netherlands), as it contained words that start with different letters in English. I think it also featured a coloring program.

3) A PC game where you move around a basket and try to grab as many eggs as possible. It takes place in a hen house and the eggs fall from the ceiling, with sometimes a pack of milk falling which was either good or bad, I don't remember.

4) A PC point-and-click adventure game where you have to find turtles that go missing at the start of the game. It's similair to Humongous's games but wasn't made by them. There's one part where you have to help a crocodile with rhyming.

5) A PC game where you played as a pirate crew? You traveled a ship in space and you decide to gather these stones that come in 3 colors (I think blue, green and yellow) and 5 different shapes. How you get them is what I don't remember, but you can see them in a sentient treasure chest that's also part of the crew I guess?

6) A console soccer game (late 2000s/early 2010s) that featured a mode where you can play indoors with a smaller team, and unlike the standard gameplay had unrealistic features like absurdly powerful shots and flashy visual effects.

1)

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
I had this Playstation 1 demo disk that had a game that was just like Command an Conquer but not quite. You had like mining tractors and stuff and tanks. It had a really green/grey aesthetic and I can't remember it for the life of me!

It was a UK demo disc if that helps that also had Ninja and Tomba on it

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
I had this Playstation 1 demo disk that had a game that was just like Command an Conquer but not quite. You had like mining tractors and stuff and tanks. It had a really green/grey aesthetic and I can't remember it for the life of me!

don't know but i'm pretty sure i've got the demo disc with tomba on,if you don't get the answer i'll try and look in about 30 minutes.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Warzone 2100?

Franco_Tech

Oct 30, 2017
I played and enjoyed a game with a little dinosaur with a shovel and you make holes to trap enemies and sometimes you trow boomerangs and other things on enemies, but the majority is holes on the ground the enemy fall you close the holes enemy death. Don't remember the name os the game maybe the last sentence like _____: Asmik world don't remember well. It had bosses at the end of each world like Mario example 4-1 and in 4-4 the boss.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I have one I can never remember, its old. maybe gamecube era, maybe PS2. I just remember it was turn based with the combat, but 3d, I think you were trying to kill aliens or something and it was more cartoonish than anything for the style of art. Maybe even crude humor in it but its been so long and I was just a kid.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played and enjoyed a game with a little dinosaur with a shovel and you make holes to trap enemies and sometimes you trow boomerangs and other things on enemies, but the majority is holes on the ground the enemy fall you close the holes enemy death. Don't remember the name os the game maybe the last sentence like _____: Asmik world don't remember well. It had bosses at the end of each world like Mario example 4-1 and in 4-4 the boss.
Boomer's Adventure in Asmik World

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017

i do have the demo disc but i don't know which game you want so i will list everything on it:
OPM disc 19 vol 2
playable:
Tombi
Test Drive 5
Ninja
Circuit Breaker (Extra Tracks)
G-Darius
S.C.A.R.S
World League Soccer
Yaroze Game:Psychon

Video:
Everybody's Golf
Spyro The Dragon
The Making of Medievil

Dangerblade

Oct 25, 2017

It's not on the demo disc you're talking about, but you could mean Z, which was released around that time...
I have one I can never remember, its old. maybe gamecube era, maybe PS2. I just remember it was turn based with the combat, but 3d, I think you were trying to kill aliens or something and it was more cartoonish than anything for the style of art. Maybe even crude humor in it but its been so long and I was just a kid.
You might be remembering it in reverse, if so, Destroy All Humans?

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question about a Dreamcast game that I can't recall the name for.

Quirky Japanese driving (not racing) game that had some elements of action. It was you and a companion in the car. I remember two females whom I believe to be either police officers or some government officials. There were other levels where you played as two dudes who were either low-rank criminals or members of the Yakuza. One person drove and the other person manned a rocket launcher, or a machine gun.

The levels were linear, there were boss battles, and I remember some shortcuts hidden throughout the level. I think if you left the game at the startup screen long enough a gameplay demo started up, playing thru a bit of one of the first levels (as the two females) and it shows them going thru a glass building shortcut type of thing. It was part of a series and there maaaaaaaaaaaaaay have been a sequel for the OG Xbox.Any of y'all know what I'm talking about?

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
It's not on the demo disc you're talking about, but you could mean Z, which was released around that time...

You might be remembering it in reverse, if so, Destroy All Humans?
holy shit I found it.

57967_front.jpg