• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first one of course is Castlevania castle, but a recent one that i wasnt expecting that people may not know is The Witness. That game never ends. So many goddamn puzzles and secrets. What a bizarre game that was.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 the thread.

The only game whose directors cut needs to cut more than it adds.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
Most Dragon Quests have this in some form.

I think the first time I had this feeling was with Donkey Kong '94.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Add me to the "returning to Kanto in Pokemon Gold/Silver" club.

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5. And I just wanted the damn game to end already.

Most recently Red Dead Redemption 2. Fuck that longer-than-necessary epilogue.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Tales of Legendia, famously the company localizing the game in English thought the same. The second half of the game has no voice acting which is incredibly jarring after the first half was full of it.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
Hollow Knight. Just when you think you've discovered all the areas you stumble into an entirely new area after 30 hours and tell yourself that you should have paid more for the game.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Pokemon Gen 2, you beat the Elite Four and there's Kanto.

Persona 5, for about 15 hours I think "the game is ending... this must be the last dungeon... anytime now...".

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017
Hollow Knight the thread. Every time I thought I was getting close to clearing the map i'd find entirely new zones, secret areas, boss fights, side characters, the coliseum... It's insane how much content is in that game

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of like that for FFXIII. I thought was getting to the end when it stopped being a corridor, and then suddenly, "Why is there another 10-20 hours worth of nonsense?!" By the time I finally got to the final boss though, I had to spend another several hours grinding just to be done with it.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Dragon's Dogma.

For some people "post game" will be longer and more enjoyable than the main story. When you factor in the Dark Arisen content (which is intended to take place after the story) it's the greatest game of all time.

SpecDot

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For me it's the first Ar Tonelico. Half way through the game you realize that there's a ton of more story to go.

matcha pocky

Oct 27, 2017
latest

First visit to Tower of Salvation in Tales of Symphonia

Easily another 60 hours of gameplay after this point

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Dishonored would end after the Daud fight but nope. It went on for a while longer. It was a very pleasant surprise.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 1.

And not in a good way either. I just wanted it to end.

Apparently I would've ended where I was if I accomplish the bad ending requirements.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like for a kid DQVIII did it very well. I definitely remember grinding a lot and then winning the fight after god knows how many tries and the game just...kept going. I thought I was playing like a weird epilogue or something but then the game like triples in length!