• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Red Steel 2 and The Order 1886.
I finished Red Steel 2 countless times and think it is an incredible game.The Motion controls make this a timeless classic in my opinion
The Order sure has problems but i really liked it and would like to see a sequel.

Nightside

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely No More Heroes. I know, graphically it's "so so" even by Wii standards, the openworld is dull and boring, the jobs are a pain in the ass and the bike is awful to control. But you know what?
I loved sprinting around Santa Destroy with that clunky monstrosity and taking up jobs so that I could by all the t-shirts.
And the boss fights are awesome, the music is great and using the mkII with Travis shouting "fuck you!" when concluding combos? Great.

NMH it's a masterpiece.

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all ready for this?
masseffect3_box.jpg

I love Mass Effect, all of them! However I think 3 is by far my favorite, but allow me to defend why...

Mass Effect 3 has a lot of faults, mostly on how choices matter, how much they actually matter and the "cupcake" ending. Let me say this first, I did not play ANY of the Mass Effects (aside from Andromeda) anywhere near their original release.

I think I started 1 in late 2015 I believe? Finished 3 earlier this year. This may seem trivial but when I defend this game to launch or pre-dlc players their response is "Oh, well that's why." Which goes with the common belief that ME3 was god awful at worst, disappointing at best.

However I love it not only because it's the conclusion for the game series I love but also because it's a good game.

The base game improves the combat from ME2 (which I was not a fan of), and makes it really fun to fight. There is a weapon crafting system, you can change and improve your squad mates weapons, etc. You still can't give them Armor like in 1... which is a big downside.

But the game is fun, the story is entertaining and the DLC is phenomenal. The DLC is my favorite part. Leviathan, and Citadel blow any other ME dlc out of the water save Lair of the Shadow Broker. I love them with all of my heart, and think they are the pieces that make me enjoy Mass Effect 3 as a whole the most. Again I didn't play or follow the games originally so I wasn't as devistated at what Bioware did before the extended cut and dlc, but even after learning that, I still love and will defend this game.

ps3_mercenaries_17.jpg

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames was pretty much ignored at the time of release. Sandwiched between GTA IV and Saint's Row 2, I guess it was one sandbox game too many.

But it's actually a really good game. It had an amazingly comprehensive damage system that let you raze entire cities to the ground with no indestructible buildings - you could even bring down skyscrapers. (Compare to GTA IV, where you can't even take out some street railings.)

It also did a great job of depicting a war-torn Venezuela, with the country gradually descending into anarchy as the action heated up. You really felt like the population was reacting to the escalating crisis, with people fleeing in droves and causing traffic congestion amidst all the fire and smoke. Granted, the enemy AI was pretty crappy and the cut scenes were nothing special, but despite these faults, the game is an underrated gem.

Last edited:

basic_text

Oct 27, 2017
Derby, UK
ps3_mercenaries_17.jpg

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames was pretty much ignored at the time of release. Sandwiched between GTA IV and Saint's Row 2, I guess it was one sandbox game too many.

But it's actually a really good game. It had an amazingly comprehensive damage system that let you raze entire cities to the ground with no indestructible buildings - you could even bring down skyscrapers. (Compare to GTA IV, where you can't even take out some railings.)

It also did a great job of depicting a war-torn Venezuela, with the country gradually descending into anarchy as the action heated up. You really felt like the population was reacting to the escalating crisis, with people fleeing in droves and causing traffic congestion amidst all the fire and smoke. Granted, the enemy AI was pretty crappy and the cut scenes were nothing special, but despite these faults, the game is an underrated gem.

This sounds awesome! It's only £4 on origin so I'll take a punt on it.