• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
tmYz7X7.png

2018 Threads

MARCH 2018 STATISTICS

TOP 3 MOST BEATEN GAMES
  1. BAYONETTA
  2. A WAY OUT
  3. SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS
MEMBER STATS
  • TOTAL PARTICIPANTS: 141 (NEW RECORD!)
  • TOTAL GAMES FINISHED IN MARCH: 545 (NEW RECORD!)
  • TOTAL GAMES PLAT'D/100%: 35
  • MEMBER WITH MOST FINISHES: SPYWARE (22)
  • MEMBER WITH MOST 100% COMPLETIONS: SPYWARE (17)
PS: And for you quitters, look out for the Games Quit in April thread which will be posted soon (with the results from last month).

Last edited:

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Bayonetta 2
Portal 2

Otherwise the rest of the time was spent on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (35 hour), GoW and Overwatch/Destiny IB. Played through a few stages of Doom again after the 4K patch.

Livia

Banned
Feb 9, 2018
Bergen
Not much this month, just Super Daryl Deluxe. Maybe if I buy Light Fall this weekend, I will finish it before May arrives.

Timodus

Oct 27, 2017
7.4. Jeanne d'Arc (PSP)
13.4. Yakuza 5 (PS3)
17.4. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (PS4) - platinum trophy
22.4. God of War (PS4) - platinum trophy

Currently playing Utawarerumono remake.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
So far, just FarCry 5. I have no idea how close I am to the end of God of War.

EDIT: Make that God of War and Far Cry 5

Last edited:

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Just Xenoblade 2. It took me two months to finish but I'm always playing Project Diva FT, which will never be completed. I want to start Doki Doki Literature Club soon.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I'll beat anything else this month so here goes:

- Assassin's Creed Origins: The Curse of the Pharaos
- Batman: The Enemy Within - Episode 5
- Marie's Room
- Tacoma
- Lara Croft Go
- The Raven Remastered

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Only Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology for now...

Let's see if I can beat God of War or Atelier in remaining month.

Update : managed to finish Trace Memory right before the month ended

Last edited:

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
  1. Sega Bass Fishing (PC) - 8/10 - 3 hours (Apr 2)
  2. Kingdom New Lands (PC) - 7/10 - 4 hours (Apr 5)
  3. Dishonored 2 (PS4) - 8/10 - 8 hours (Apr 5)
  4. Clustertruck (PC) - 6.5/10 - 4 hours (Apr 7)
  5. Crazy Taxi (PC) - 7/10 - 2 hour (Apr 7)
  6. Dead Rising 3 (XB1) - 8.5/10 - 18 hours (Apr 11)
  7. Twisted Metal Black (PS4) - 7.5/10 - 5 hours (Apr 12)
  8. Nex Machina (PS4) - 9/10 - 3 hours (Apr 17)
  9. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4) - 7.5/10 - 3 hours (Apr 18)
  10. Batman The Enemy Within (PS4) - 8.5/10 - 12 hours (Apr 18)
  11. God of War (PS4) - 10/10 - 35 hours (Apr 26)

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Demons Souls (PS3) - 9/10 (first time)
I am currently playing God of War but I think I will not finish this month.

Edit:30/04 Just beat God of War,10/10 game of the generation for me easy,it is up there with the Last of Us as my favorite game of all time, what a ride, incredible.

Last edited:

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
"I'll probably be in the top 10 for sure!"
Keep dreaming, me from the past. Also change that Fakemon avatar, you doofus!

Compared to March, April was a slow month for me, since i started going to a course that ends in September. Also, i finally got a battery for my New3ds. Hooray!
Anyway: these were my April's victims:

Cat Quest 7/10: I just planning to get this game on steam, but then i found it on sale in the Play Store. Overall, it's a good game. Not mindblowing, but good. You play as a cat whose sister is kidnapped and then knocked out, who then wakes up in a new land with a strange mark on his head. The gameplay is simple; see an enemy, attack the enemy, run away when it's about to attack you. You can also find random loot in chests, with the extra that every duplicate you find increases the level of the weapon, raising its attributes. More game should do this.
One problem i had with the game it's that at the end, the story just finish. You kick the bad guy's ass, find out why he is bad, and then the game basically goes 'Welp! Now that's over, let's forget about it and to the opcional stuff!' Also, the spanish translation isn't 100% accurate and/or perfect.

Mark of the Ninja 8/10: I really like stealth games that basically forces you to, you know, be stealthy, and this game delivers. No 'Here, use this RPG' moments like MGS. If someone finds you, unless you act fast, you might as well hit the Retry option. So yeah, i loved the gameplay. The story not so much. They were some things that i saw like a mile coming. Also, both endings felt like 'Ok. Anything else?' to me. But aside from that, it's a good stealth game.

Deponia 1 6/10: Look everyone, it's 'Game #1234234 that tries way too hard to be funny, only to then forgot that it should have some freaking decent challenges'! Except this time is worse, because we play as a freaking ass****! Like, i don't know what else to say. It's a point-n-click game that made me look for a guide every now and then while looking for differents ways to kill the protagonist to end my suffering. However i will give them credit for having a 'Skip' button in the puzzles. I didn't use it 100% of the time, but man, what a lifesaver everytime i couldn't figure out the solutions.

Detective Pikachu 8/10: I feel like i'm cheating, because complaining about the lack of difficulty in this kids' aimed game it's like complaining that a Happy Meal from McDonalds didn't bring enough food from me, an adult. But in general, i liked the game. It has funny moments that made me laugh, while still having a scent of mistery.
HOWEVER (i'm putting it in spoilers just in case)
-1 point for having a 'To be continued' ending. I know that the chance of seeing a sequel are high, but c'mon now. The original game ended exactly with that type of ending, and now you bring it to the west with a whole new story and you do it again!? Talk about annoying...

And that's about it. Maybe i will beat Lost Dimension this month? Who knows.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Gears of War 3
Gears of War 4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
MLB The Show 18
God of War

Those are the games I finished this month so far. I doubt I'll finish another one before the end of the month, but will update if I do.

I counted The Show as finished since I got to the Majors in Road to the Show mode and finished my 1st season in franchise mode. Currently still playing it, but I'll count it anyways.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I had some free time in April.

1: Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
2: Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose!
3: Donkey Kong Country
4: Dragon Quest 1
5: Super Mario World
6: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
7: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
8: Super Castlevania IV
9: Star Fox
10: Mega Man X1
11: Breath of Fire II
12: Lufia & The Fortress of Doom
13: Dragon Quest II
14: Contra III: The Alien Wars
15: Secret of Mana
16: Star Fox 2
17: Earthbound
18: Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
19: Super Mario Kart (100%)

I'll update if I beat anything else.

(Edit 1: Earthbound beaten.)

(Edit 2: Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts beaten.)

(Edit 3: 100% completion of Super Mario Kart.)

Last edited:

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
If I'm not forgetting anything, I finished (not in chronological order):

-Ni no Kuni 2 (PS4)
-Parasite Eve 2 (Vita)
-The 3rd Birthday (Vita)
-Tales of Symphonia (PS3)
-Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World (PS3)
-Uncharted Golden Abyss (Vita)
-Layton Brothers Mystery Room (iOS)

-Batman The Enemy Within (PS4)
-Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (PS3)
-Final Fantasy 6 (iOS)

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I beat AC: Origins (100%) and the Hidden Ones DLC (100%). I'm at about 90 hours of playtime.

I've been playing AC: Origins since around Christmas time, so that's probably all I'm really going to finish this month...maybe get through the Curse of the Pharaohs stuff too, but I just started up Yakuza 6, so there is no way I'm finishing that by the end of the month. Maybe by the end of summer. We'll see.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
hmm, a bit early this month. But I don't think I'll manage to finish any game anymore this month. So, here it is.
- Uncharted: the Lost Legacy
- Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King
- .Hack/G.U. vol.2
- Yakuza 6

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
This month I finally finished more games that just one. I'm actually quite delighted.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Steamworld Dig 2 (PC)
Splatoon 2

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
Getting through that PS4 backlog.

1. Final Fantasy 9
  2. 4 Goddess Online
  3. Saints Row IV remastered :D
  4. God of War

Last edited:

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Might have to join this....my backlog is growing faster and faster.....i play games for 5-7 hours but never seem to actually FINISH them.

kiich

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jan 2, 2018
-Tower of Heaven
-Mario Kart 7
-A Way Out
-NieR: Automata
-Persona 3 Portable

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some of these are replays to experience their XB1X enhancements and get extra achievements, but I guess it doesn't matter. I busted through a few of them quickly because I was on a 14-day Game Pass trial. Several were very short, which helped a lot!
  • Gears of War 2
  • Gears of War 4
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Late Shift
  • Layers of Fear
  • ReCore: Definitive Edition