• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Out of the top 5 beaten games of June, which would you nominate as the GOTM for June?

• DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • GOD OF WAR

Votes: 50 45.9%
  • THE AWESOME ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN SPIRIT

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • HOLLOW KNIGHT

Votes: 37 33.9%
  • VAMPYR

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Plw3xI5.png

Previous Charts

KEY NOTES FROM LAST MONTH

• TOP 5 GAMES BEATEN LAST MONTH: DETROIT: BECOME HUMAN (16), GOD OF WAR (12), THE AWESOME ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN SPIRIT (11), HOLLOW KNIGHT (10), AND VAMPYR (8)
  • 477 GAMES BEATEN IN JUNE, THE SECOND HIGHEST TOTAL OF THE YEAR!! GOOD JOB!
  • 124 TOTAL PARTICIPANTS IN JUNE -- AGAIN, THE SECOND HIGHEST TOTAL OF THE YEAR!!
  • 51 PLATS/100% COMPLETES IN JUNE, A NEW RECORD!!
  • MattWilsonCSS and StarPhlox TIED FOR MOST GAMES BEATEN LAST MONTH (18)
  • MOST PLATS/COMPLETES LAST MONTH GO TO Spyware

Mod Edit: Please do not use red text for your threads. Red text is exclusively for moderation purposes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Horror

Horror

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Thanks for the edit, EraMOD:

Only 1 game for me (again): Dark Souls II

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I beat Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy and got the platinum.
I also ran through the first six Mega man games in Legacy Collection and did most of the challenges.
Slow month.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I don't think I'll beat any more this month, so it's 6 for me.

Vanquish – Completed 7/12/18
BlazBlue: Central Fiction – Completed 7/13/18
Limbo – Completed 7/17/18
Umineko: Questions Arc – Completed 7/24/18
Azure Striker Gunvolt – Completed 7/25/18
Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide – Completed 7/29/18

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here are the games I've beaten in July (the # is the total on the year, so I've beaten 111 games in 2018 so far)

#88: The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (1 hour) - I am really, really tired of seeing shitty single/widowed dads in media. At the very least, it's a game that doesn't hold back and shows how a child in an abusive family tries to rationalize/cope with it. GRADE: C
#89: Hidden Agenda (2 hours) - A Supermassive game whose interface is controlled via phone.. it's a short game and the idea is you all vote on choices, but one person has a hidden objective they have to pull off. I played solo (so yes, you can play solo) and the story is not really worth the experience. It might be more fun to play in a group. GRADE: C
#90: Until Dawn (8 hours) - I've now completed the Supermassive trilogy and I'm convinced these people only know how to direct. They can't write for shit. The characters have vaguely interesting arcs, and the mood and pacing is really good, it's just the story and dialogue that I can't stand. GRADE: B-
#91: RUINER (4 hours) - A dang good time, doesn't overstay its welcome, nice and splashy. Dash around beating the crap out of people in a cyberpunk shit world. GRADE: A
#92: Resident Evil HD (10 hours) - Jill defeated all the zombies and they died forever the end. Chris was saved but he's dumb. Definitely the most ideal way to play the game, although I'm torn over whether the analog movement or the ol' tank controls work better. I kind of switched between them. GRADE: B+
#93: Infamous Second Son (8 hours) - Very fun to play superhero game, with a Native American protag!! I think I liked First Light's tight focus more, but Second Son still has great traversal, easy character building and decent skill trees. GRADE: B+
#94: Rhiannon (7 hours) - Goofy low-budget Myst style game. GRADE: C+
#95: Bear With Me (6 hours) - Three-part point n click adventure about a child's imaginary world. GRADE: C+
#96: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon (5 hours) - Silly fun that I should definitely have not played solo. It's meant for co-op. Enemies have way too much HP. This I assume is the worst of the EDF games as it has that early Xbox 360 brown aesthetic and not a lot of mission variety. GRADE: B-
#97: Hustle Cat (3 hours) - VN about a cat cafe where people turn into cats. It's pretty goofy. I went down the Finley route. It won't change your life but it's not a bad western VN by any stretch. GRADE: C+
#98: SiN (8 hours) - That was a weird game. A 1998 shooter that FELT 1998. For better or worse. A hero with "tude" who fails to save the world because of his horniness. GRADE: B-
#99: SiN Episodes (2.5 hours) - Unlike the first game, this was a clear Half Life 2 knockoff. Which, to be fair, I'm totally into. But it shows its age bigtime. And like HL2 Episodes, it was never finished. The main character doesn't speak this time for some reason, maybe because the 90s-ness didn't make sense in the 00s. GRADE: B
#100: Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within (10 hours) - One of the all-time point'n'click classics, the story has aged horribly and... well.... it's just really bad. And the acting! The ACTING! Buuuuut the game is fantastic, the puzzles are good and logical, and the death sequences are saved for near the end so you don't have to go crazy savescumming. GRADE: A-
#101: Mass Effect Andromeda (16-17 hours) - Honestly? This was alright. Not $60 alright, but good for the price I paid. The actual planets have fantastic visuals and variety, but the dev team's attempt to 'fix' the acting by dialing the facial expressions down to nearly expressionless... well it ruined some of the fun. And obviously a lot of the characters are not all that great. I think the next ME could probably ditch these characters but still carry on the Keth story, if they wanted to abandon the "Andromeda" subtitle. GRADE: B+
#102: Spycraft: The Great Game (5-6 hours) - It's not a GREAT game as it says on the box. But it's a fun game with trashy FMV where you do CIA stuff in a vaguely 90s web-browser looking interface... it's the kind of game Activision would never do now. Probably the kind of game the CIA/FBI would never agree to participating in now either. GRADE: B+
#103: Hidden: On the Trail of the Ancients (3-4 hours) - Mediocre Myst-style game that ends unfinished. Oops! GRADE: D
#104: Jackbox Party Pack 4 (endless) - Played just about every game on there. We actually did pretty well with Survive the Internet, but Fibbage and its spinoff Enough About You is the star of the show. GRADE: A+
#105: Cold Fear (6 hours) - RE4 on a boat. Yeah, RE Revelations did that too. And better. GRADE: C+
#106: The Count Lucanor (3-4 hours) - Spooky top-down stealth fairy tale. No combat, just slowly sneaking around a castle solving Zelda-y puzzles and experiencing fucked up shit. GRADE: C+
#107: Ahnayro: The Dream World (10-11 hours) - ARG-ish Steam game that involves a lot of googling and research to solve puzzles. I was super into this. I may have to get The Black Watchmen next. GRADE: A+
#108: Emily is Away 2 (2 hours) - Teens using AIM Simulator. Has a "shoop" meme in it which I really don't care for. GRADE: B-
#109: Quiet City (5 minutes) - Yes, a 5 minute Humble Original. You walk around interacting with hotspots and that's it. Most Humble Originals are pretty cool but.. GRADE: C-
#110: A2Be (1/2 hour) - These Humble Originals were just not up to par with past ones. A2Be in particular was very buggy and kind of a knockoff of that old CFB animated short about teleportion. GRADE: D
#111: Pocket Kingdom (4-5 hours) - Block pushing puzzle game with very very vague metroidy ability gating. VERY SLIGHT. But very enjoyable with a cool Amiga visual aesthetic. GRADE: B+

BEST GAME: Ahnayro the Dream World
WORST GAME: Hidden: On the Trail of the Ancients

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
Metroid Prime (Wii)
Bastion (Vita)
Senko no ronde 2 (PS4)
Silent Hill: Downpour (PS3)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (PSP)
ABZÛ (X1)
DmC: Devil May Cry (X1)
Shadow Complex Remastered (X1)

Damn, that was an epic month for gaming. Had some time off and got a bit of backlog out of the way.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just two for me. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel I and The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Pharaoh Rebirth+ (PC)
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (PC)
Shining Resonance Refrain (PS4)
Octopath Traveler (Switch)
Sonic Mania Plus (PC)
The Mummy Demastered (PC)

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Not going to top those June numbers (no idea how I managed to do that hahaha) but overall still a solid month in July

1. Hollow Knight (full 107% completion!)
  2. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (full 100% completion!)
  3. For Honor
  4. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
  5. Sonic Mania Plus - Encore Mode (100% playthrough)
  6. Sonic Mania Plus - Mania Mode (Mighty 100% playthrough)
  7. Sonic Mania Plus - Mania Mode (Ray 100% playthrough)
  8. Mega Man X
  9. Mario + Rabbids : Kingdom Battle - Donkey Kong Adventure

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Just one:

Ratchet & Clank
(PS4) - A really great, really fun game. My second favorite entry in the series after A Crack in Time. It's also one of the best looking games of this gen; visuals are jaw-dropping.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
This was a productive month for gaming after a while.

- Sniper Elite 4
- Resident Evil 1 to 6 for the franchise replay
- The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
1. Batman: Arkham Knight (100% Achievements on Steam, 100% completed)
2. Batman: Arkham Origins (100% completed, couldn't get 100% achievements thanks to WB Games)
3. Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy
4. Wolfenstein: The New Order
5. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (100% Completed)
6. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Game is terrible, don't play it)
7. Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Deleted member 11025

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  1. Streets of Rage 3
  2. Emily is Away Too
  3. Moon Hunters
  4. BattleTech
BattleTech's the first game released in 2018 that I've played all year. I have such a huge backlog that it'll probably be the only one.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
3 this month!

Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology 4/5
Freedom Planet 3/5
Hidden Folks (100% completion!) 5/5

Oct 29, 2017
Hollow Knight (PC) - For first ending only, but that counts, right?

Final Fantasy XV (PC)

Mirror (PC) - This game has two endings for each of 8 characters, and I completed all of them except for one last character, so this definitely counts.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
FFXV (PC) - Starts strong enough to warrant me double-dipping: I bought the Xbox version at launch, then dropped it to wait for the PC release. Beautiful, ambitious, strong soundtrack...and a latter half that left me with no desire to go back to the open world. Enjoyed the actual ending, though.

Celeste (Switch) - One of the best platformers in years. A legitimately touching story in between white-knuckle double-jumps. Amazing.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Are we not doing the scores anymore? I'll put a score on them in case OP is still doing them.

1. The Last of Us - My GOAT and doing my yearly replay.10/10

2. Final Fantasy 12 - Picked it up again after not feeling it the first time. Solid game really enjoyed the gambit system. 8/10

3. Assassins Creed Origins - 1st game in the series I've finished and it would've been in my top 5 maybe top 3 for GotY last year. 9/10

4. Assassins Creed Origins: The Hidden Ones - My favorite of the 2 dlc's. Bought closure to Bayek and Aya's relationship which is one of the best in video game history. 8/10

5. Assassins Creed Origins: Curse of the Pharaohs - Really liked the setting/locations featured in the dlc. 7/10

6. Banner Saga 3 - What a ride the trilogy was. Awesome OST from Austin Wintory that really added that extra something that made the series so special. 9/10

Currently playing Dead Space 3. Not sure I'll finish it by tomorrow, but if I do I'll update my list.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Yakuza 0

Went in completely blind and was hooked by about the 3rd hour. Can't wait to dig deeper in to the series.

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Mega Man Legacy Collection 2(7-10)
  2. Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
  3. Celeste
  4. Resident Evil Remake
  5. Yakuza 0
  6. Mega Man Legacy X Collection (X1-X4)
  7. Mega Man ZX
  8. Mega Man ZX Advent
July 2018 might be the most I've played videogames in my entire life during a single month.

Last edited:

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy VI

Small month. FF VI marks the 50th game I've beaten so far this year.

Deleted member 3925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- The Evil Within 2 (8/10)
- Prey (9/10)
- Undertale (10/10)

Evil Within and Prey were awesome games, and Undertale is a masterpiece that I waited way too long to start playing. Great month.

Last edited:

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I beat Cuphead, Hollow Knight (104%) and Ori and the Blind Forest. It was a damn good month for 2D gaming. I put up a LTTP for Ori and Cuphead.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
1. Sonic Mania - Encore Mode
Nice stage colour swaps, for sure. Wish I could've been able to switch between characters that weren't on screen.

2. Sonic Mania - Mighty Mania Mode
Mighty can cheese the hell out of some bosses, it's kinda nice.

3. Splatoon 2 - Octo Expansion
Is this the Dark Souls of ink-based shooter campaigns?

4. DOOM 2016
I'm still a scrub at this game, I had to switch to normal difficulty in the later missions.

5. Apollo Justice
Yup, still one of the best in the series. Don't @ me.

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
1. Sly 1- Felt like playing through the OG trilogy again alongside the R&C trilogy as well.

2. Ratchet and Clank- Like I said previously, Just felt like replaying the games again. Finishing up Sly 1 then Ratchet 1 then Sly 2 then Ratchet 2 and etc.

3. DMC3- Just doing my yearly replay again, still an amazing game as always.

4. DMC1- Finished it for the first time in 6ish years again, and was able to better appreciate it as a game, masterpiece.

Skikkiks

Oct 25, 2017
  • Unravel Two
  • Recettear: An Items Shop Tale
  • Serial Cleaner
  • Pato Box
  • Bomb Chicken
  • Mario and Rabbids: Donkey Kong Expansion
  • Valkyria Chronicles 2
  • South Park The Fractured But Whole DLC Stories (From Dusk to Casa Bonita & Bring the Crunch)
not bad pretty good

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018
Gears of War 4
Life is Strange: Before the Storm

If expansions count:
Prey: Mooncrash
Mario & Rabbids: Donkey Kong Adventure

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome adventures of captain spirit- pretty good, didnt love it as much as some people though
TWD: New Frontier - enjoyed it but i wasnt invested in Javi as I was with clementine, also the engine really showing its age
Rayman: Legends - My favorite 2D platformer ever? this was my second time playing through it I have to admit I wasn't a huge fan of the 8bit remixes they were at some points just memorization

Illusionary

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
What's the significance of the green text in the results lists?

I'll post my July games in a day or two, as I have a couple of games currently ongoing that I might just make it to the end of in time.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
- Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy (8.5/10)
- The Technomancer (6/10)
- Captain Toad (8/10)

Not a whole lot for me, July was mainly spent trying to catch up on my backlog.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Mario + Rabbids. 9/10. Amazing game, I'd have given it a 9.5 but chapters 4-8 and 4-9 were a little frustating.

For August I hope I can finish:
- Mario + Rabbids: Donkey Kong Expansion
- A Link Between Worlds.

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
take a wild guess what i got recently

ilinFVM.png

all the games i beat this year and the games im currently playing

6r7naNI.png

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Guacamelee, fun game, but I did find the combat to be frustrating at times.
Gears of War 4, great campaign, but felt like it needed a little more time in the oven.

July was a slow month for me since I started playing Fortnite.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
Two for me:
  • Nier: Automata - Got the platinum on PS4, although most of my playtime was in June so not sure if this counts
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - Beat the game on Switch, getting the "true ending" and finishing all side quests, but not completing the post-game dungeon.

rgibbo36

Oct 27, 2017
This was a productive month.

Xenoblade Chronicles
Sonic Mania Plus
Pikmin 2
Mega Man X
Mega Man X2
Mega Man X3

Currently working on Mega Man X4. I doubt I'll beat it on Tuesday but I'll update this post if I do!