• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Thought this was an interesting tidbit from Jeff Grubb's article about the upcoming PS5 event and worth discussing separately.

What we know about the PS5 so far is what's inside the system and a few other details. Like Xbox Series X, PS5 features AMD hardware. This includes a Zen 3 CPU and a Navi GPU. The console also has a super-fast PCIe 4.0 SSD and a data-transfer architecture to match. But the acronyms and initialisms don't really matter. What you need to know is that PS5 has significant more GPU power and a massive leap in CPU and data throughput compared to the current generation.

On top of all that, developers and publishers continue to praise the design of the PS5. Some have told GamesBeat that it is has a better architecture than any console in history. So studios may find it a joy to work with.

Bold claims. What do we make of this?

https://venturebeat.com/2020/05/29/...rmed-what-to-expect-from-the-june-4-showcase/

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Better architecture than previous consoles is what I expect. In what world is that bold?

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Nice to see developers happy about the hardware they're developing for, and also being 'easy' or less complex to develop for.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
i imagine so?

it's easy, fast and powerful, and the same architecture as current gen along with a huge improvement in the cpu and ssd.

ps3 aint coming back.

MAL

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 25, 2020
This won't end well, especially if multi-plats on the other console offer the superior package.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Very very interesting. Thanks for sharing neat, it's amazing how actual devs are so excited for PS5, kudos to Sony. Can't wait to see breathtaking first party titles in june event. Bring it On.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
images

Started from the bottom...

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
For me it's the ease of development that's the important stuff. The other stuff is all subjective but knowing that developers are finding it easier to get up to speed just means hopefully there won't be such a dearth of good games in its first one or two years.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Devs didn't actually say it was a joy to work with, right? The writer inferred that.

ciddative

Apr 5, 2018
"Some have told GamesBeat that it is has a better architecture than any console in history"

That's how progress works.

It's like when publishers/developers say their latest game will be better than the last. Well, duh, that's the baseline expectation for any type of sequel

Pat002

Banned
Dec 4, 2019
I mean it's literally what devs have been saying, but people keep focusing on TeraLulz lmao

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
It's what we've been hearing here and there but always good to see. What's good for developers is good for gamers even if the benefits aren't as obvious to most gamers. I think that's why we heard developers come out and say the numbers are just part of the equation. Can't wait to see what's in store!

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This won't end well, especially if multi-plats on the other console offer the superior package.

we will see. First party games might impress more with sony's tech while third parties really shine on series x. Similar to the disparities between xbox 360 and ps3 releases. Though the series x is no sloucn so i expect those exclusives to be rather impressive as well

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
My question is always "from what perspective?"
Like, "In and Out has the best burger patty in history" is subjectively true to somebody...
Also, who are these developers and publishers? Are they use to Sony architecture? Are they weighing across MS and Nintendo? Just MS? Just Nintendo?

...I hate vague "inside" statements that say nothing and stir shit up for no reason.

Smashed_Hulk

Jun 16, 2018
Seems pretty obvious that they're not talking console wars talk. It's not them saying, "even better than xsx" but more of "best hardware architecture we've used so far" in comparison to previous consoles

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the reveal this system has sounded really exciting, i can't wait to see the games.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They've been saying that for weeks now. Not exactly news but still interesting.