• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a thread for that little piece of news.

www.gematsu.com

Gamescom 2020 first confirmed exhibitors announced

The organizers for Gamescom 2020 have announced the first confirmed exhibitors for the event, which will run from August 25 to 29 at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany.

• Astragon Entertainment
  • Bandai Namco Entertainment
  • Bethesda Softworks
  • Capcom Entertainment
  • CD Projekt RED
  • Electronic Arts
  • ESL Gaming
  • Kalypso Media
  • Koch Media
  • MediaMarkt
  • Microsoft / Xbox
  • My.com
  • NCSOFT
  • Nintendo
  • Sega
  • THQ Nordic
  • Twitch
  • Ubisoft
  • Wargaming
  • Alternate
  • Aorus (Gigabyte)
  • BenQ
  • Caseking
  • Corsair
  • Kingston Technology
  • Medion
  • Omen
  • Samsung
  • Trust
The list is what you'd expect really, no big surprises except perhaps for the absence of Playstation (Sony). Note that it's only the first exhibitors signed in yet and not a definitive list.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Sony not being there is crazy, considering how popular PlayStation is in Europe.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
If I recall correctly, this has happened in the past more than once. Sony has been missing from the first version of the list only to be added later. As you said, Passing Assassin, this is not a definitive list.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How close are we so far to Sony being at "hundreds of events?"

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
They are probably just worried of corona and waiting to see what will be the situation before committing to showing up

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
There is much left for August, we cannot know how the situation of Covid-19 will be. If it is like other coronaviruses, it is possible that the high summer temperatures cause it to decrease considerably.

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just realized that I'm probably 1 of 300000 people who will play the sequel to Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Awesome, this made my day :D

May 10, 2019
Presumably because the PS5 has been cancelled.

source.gif

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
How many shows again? Kinda annoying...

Could just be that they haven't finalized their gamescom plans yet though gotta give them the benefit of the doubt. I dont think they'll skip gamescom even though I joke about it.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony really aren't in any rush for PS5 are they 🤣

Why should they with Dreams, Ghost and TLOU II aswell as all the big name third party games in 2020.

They could easily wait until Spring 2021 to release PS5.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
At this point the PS5 will probably be a shadow drop that will be in the store from one day to the other without us knowing it.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be surprised if they weren't there.
This is only the first batch of devs/pubs that are confirmed (if the show happens at all).

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think Sony is filing for divorce with us gamers...and they are taking the PS5 with them. :(

It needs to be stressed that this is only the initial list and that Sony has been usually missing from it. Gamescom is the biggest gaming event in the world with the highest number of companies/exhibitors attending. Last year a whopping 1037. That initial list is super limited in comparison.

is geoff doing a show this year too? i hope it's better than last year, it has potential imo.

Yes, they are planning to make this a big thing in the future in addition to the Game Awards.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Sony just doesn't seem interested in taking part of conventions these days. Perhaps they're going to be doing their own thing from now on

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
Gamescom is really close to the launch of next gen, Sony not being there is not a good move imo.
They announced the PS4 release date at gamescom.

As others have said they weren't on the initial list before. And I except some 'wait and see' approach in regards the virus.

Sony ditched E3 because they wanted it to be more open to the public. gamescom is the public game event. So there's no chance they skip it outside of the virus.