• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
CEO Strauss Zelnick says he does not expect the industry to coordinate its software prices, however
Speaking ahead of the company's Q1 earnings release today, I asked Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick about the price increase, and whether he felt Ubisoft not raising its prices -- at least not right away -- would present a challenge for Take-Two in getting consumers on board with the extra cost.

"There hasn't been a price increase for frontline titles for a really long time, despite the fact that it costs a great deal more to make those titles," Zelnick replied. "And we think with the value we offer consumers...and the kind of experience you can really only have on these next-generation consoles, that the price is justified. But it's easy to say that when you're delivering extraordinary quality, and that's what our company prides itself on doing."
More at this article: https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...creases-reflect-the-quality-of-the-experience

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, fuck off.

I'm totally fine with paying $70, the fact that we only had to pay $60 for this long is a miracle, especially if devs get more money.

But don't give me that patronizing PR speak, I hate that BS.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
We're finally in the phase of next gen where companies try to pass shit onto the consumers under some bullshit excuses. Thank god, was starting to get worried about it.

weblaus

Oct 27, 2017
"But it's easy to say that when you're delivering extraordinary quality, and that's what our company prides itself on doing."

Like WWE 2K20, I suppose.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I guess there are some people who will actually fall for that bullshit, yeah

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I think Take 2 jumped the gun expecting others to follow here. I actually think it will impact their sales if their games are roundly $10 more than everyone else's.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
They just had a record setting quarter. The price hike highlights their desire to keep this trend going.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
79€ games will be a sight to behold, I'm already scared when I see those 69€ games nowadays.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
He should have just stopped at the first sentence instead of getting into annoying corporate speak - we get that games are more expensive now than they were 15 years ago, no need to bullshit us lol

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Would people be upset if the prices of games went up? I don't buy a ton and plan on hopefully having 1 console but I always hear that it's a miracle they're still 60. Couldn't these prices have gone up years ago due to how much these games cost.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
2K are like the least convincing publishers to say so something like that.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
:snigger:

Only corporate apologists/shareholders think game prices need to go up...

ps3ud0 8)

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminder:
www.gamesindustry.biz

Zelnick: “We're probably undermonetising our users”

Take-Two believes there is still more money to be made from its players through microtransactions, claiming it has purp…

"We are convinced that we are probably, from an industry view, undermonetising on a per-user basis," he said. "There is wood to chop because I think we can do more, and we can do more without interfering with our strategy of being the most creative and our ethical approach, which is delighting consumers.

"We're not going to grab the last nickel."

-Take2 CEO Strauss Zelnick

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Would people be upset if the prices of games went up? I don't buy a ton and plan on hopefully having 1 console but I always hear that it's a miracle they're still 60. Couldn't these prices have gone up years ago due to how much these games cost.

I live in Brazil and pay a lot more than $60 (and base price just went up, too)

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The word of the day today is greed.

All they want to do is raise the base price while still continuing their horrible predatory MTX habits.