• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Dark Souls Remastered launches for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch on May 25. Unlike most video game remasters, Dark Souls Remastered is being developed internally at From Software, rather than being outsourced to a third-party studio. It features touched up visuals and supports "up to six players" for online multiplayer.

Dark Souls isn't the only From Software title getting a comic adaptation. Titan Comics is also publishing a comic series based on the PS4-exclusive Bloodborne. The first issue of that series, Bloodborne: The Death of Sleep, debuts this month; you can take a look at some stunning art from the comic here. Titan is also releasing an Assassin's Creed Origins comic, as well as a comic based on Sea of Thieves.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articl...-new-comic-alongside-remaster-r/1100-6456786/

Alright, at this point we need some clear communication from From/Bandai/Nintendo etc. The game is expected to come out a few months, and all we have is a CGI-trailer. As soon as that trailer was released, a ton of mis-information was spread from Fextralife who confidently said they had a hand in development of the game, claiming changes to the lighting, gameplay, and assets (which since have been retracted). VaatiVidya also mentioned those but completely went back on that statement and apologized too.

The game is allegedly being done by Virtuous on Switch, and QLOC (as what has been rumored and the ESRB has leaked?) for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. We know the resolution, frame rate, increased multiplayer count, and password system are coming to the game. However, this hasn't stopped the discussion on how this remaster will be made.

Now, GameSpot is saying as of a few days ago the remaster is being done internally...what gives? Could we get some additional information? The game is set to release so soon. A screenshot or two would be nice too.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
I don't get the panic, it's not out for months, and it's just a remaster. We'll know more before it ships, but it's not like it needs some huge marketing push.

You're not even obligated to buy it day one if you're concerned.

Escalario

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not preordering until there's more info and actual gameplay footage. It doesn't inspire confidence that there's no in-game gameplay footage 3 months before the game comes out.

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
All the misinformation around this has been so strange. I'm still getting it day 1, but Bamco could have handled the marketing for this was way smoother.

Oct 26, 2017
If this is true, i'm not expecting a high quality remastered, i have more faith in QLOC compared to From Software when it comes to optimization and ports.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Just show the damn thing already. It's a remaster and it's treated with a secrecy that seems like it's Dark Souls 4.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
If this is true, i'm not expecting a high quality remastered, i have more faith in QLOC compared to From Software when it comes to optimization and ports.
Didn't they do DkS2 SotfS in house? What's wrong with it? It's full HD, 60fps, rebalanced encounters (admittedly, for the worse), new content... To me, it's the most impressive remaster of the generation.

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they do DkS2 SotfS in house? What's wrong with it? It's full HD, 60fps, rebalanced encounters (admittedly, for the worse), new content... To me, it's the most impressive remaster of the generation.

SoTS is not a locked 60fps on consoles and the ""rebalanced"" encounters are so bad.

There is a lot of talk of the Dark Souls Remaster. I wonder if it will be shown at E3?

The game is coming in May.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's very reassuring, nice.

Fucking show it to us tho.
Well.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
It really is strange how this remaster is getting so many different kinds of info put out. Currently there is one where you get a discount for being original owner and there are multiple teams working on different platforms?

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
SoTS is not a locked 60fps on consoles and the ""rebalanced"" encounters are so bad.
Well, I agree with both of those things, however, which remasters are locked 60? TLoU certainly wasn't. GTAV was still 30fps, Heavy Rain and Beyond are both 30, BioShocks weren't locked either.

The encounters, I agree are for the worse, but that's subjective, they at least still did much more work than other remasters have. I wish there had been an option to play the original encounters, but alas.

Oct 26, 2017
Well, I agree with both of those things, however, which remasters are locked 60? TLoU certainly wasn't. GTAV was still 30fps, Heavy Rain and Beyond are both 30, BioShocks weren't locked either.

The encounters, I agree are for the worse, but that's subjective, they at least still did much more work than other remasters have. I wish there had been an option to play the original encounters, but alas.

DS Remastered is supposed to be at "60" fps, QLOC actually made the DmC Definitive Edition and it's running at 60fps on PS4-One, without counting the numerous PC ports.
They are skilled when it comes to ports and optimization, they have a lot of experience compared to From.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
DS Remastered is supposed to be at "60" fps, QLOC actually made the DmC Definitive Edition and it's running at 60fps on PS4-One, without counting the numerous PC ports.
They are skilled when it comes to ports and optimization, they have a lot of experience compared to From.
Well two things, firstly, no, it doesn't. I just checked the Digital Foundry frame rate analysis.

Secondly, even if it did, that's an entirely different situation. Character actions games tend to have much more restricted combat arenas compared to something like Souls. It's the CPU that's problematic with games like these. And yes, I've no doubt DkS Remastered will dip.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So much hyperbole and pessimism in here. Dark Souls 2 wasn't the best entry but the remaster on ps4 imo was nicely done.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
man, the bloodborne comic looks kinda tacky:

3346815-bloodborne_%231_2.jpg

whoosh pop?! :) ...

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
We could just, I don't know, wait for official information instead of theorizing and getting desperate, maybe?

OP
OP
Vertpin

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
We could just, I don't know, wait for official information instead of theorizing and getting desperate, maybe?
The game comes out in May. Nothing has been shown. Sure, it's a remaster, but the amount of information spreading and not one bit of word has come from From/Bandai/Nintendo.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure it's QLOC/Virtuos. There'd be no reason we'd have heard them linked to it otherwise, Gamespot is probably just regurgitating misleading PR. From Software even said they wouldn't do a DS1 remaster themselves back before it was announced.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh. Not really caring about how much info they share. It's a remaster. We'll see a trailer of some sort near release.

I like that they are supposedly doing it internally, though. For better or worse.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
It's odd that besides the switch, we don't know for sure who is doing the remaster for other platforms. Anyway, if From is doing the remaster then there is a higher chance that they might include clothes physics. Please

Alcibiades

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
I just hope the Switch version has improved textures as well because the original game looks ugly as sin.

Mr Punished

Oct 27, 2017
OUTER HEAVEN
The announcement was really rough, heaps of conflicting information, I'm liking the sound of the new additions confirmed though. My one single point of concern remains however, all of those sexy armour pieces better have cloth physics now, especially the ones that were already remastered for Dark Souls 3. Once this thing arrives the only thing I'll be missing from my PS4 is Demon's Souls, come on sony!

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
What? Dark Souls is a beautiful game. Also, the Switch version is likely going to look very similar to the PS360 version..
If they update textures for the remaster then Switch should be fine using them. It's closer to PS4/XBO than PS3/360 in terms of memory. It's also going to be 1080p.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can't wait to see the changes! I hope we got a new boss like Scholar got.