• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

SOURCE: https://www.vg247.com/2020/01/06/sony-wouldnt-even-tell-low-roar-music-death-stranding/

"Sony contacted us in an obscure email offering us a certain amount of money to use the song 'I'll Keep Coming', and they were not willing to tell us what they're going to use the song for," Karazija told VG247. When their song showed up in the trailer, the band's popularity immediately skyrocketed.

9.5 Million views now

According to Karazija, the band has had dinner with Kojima twice, and "he's a lovely man."

Good Guy Kojima

EDIT:

Hey, thanks for sharing. I'd really appreciate it if you'd link to us, since it's from our interview. https://www.vg247.com/2020/01/06/sony-wouldnt-even-tell-low-roar-music-death-stranding/

Last edited:

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Kojima please use a song by Gregor Samsa for your next game to reunite the band. Thanks.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Death Stranding introduced me to the band. I downloaded three of their albums on Spotify due to liking the music in game.

Last edited:

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Their music fits so good with some moments in the game. Love this band.
They also get a lot of spotlight in the 'archives' section of collectibles in the game (memory chips)

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I started listening to them after that trailer. Really cool story. And overall i LOVE the soundtrack and score of Death Stranding. Kojima has good taste.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I hope Kojima keeps using bands he likes for his studios games OSTs.

Because he has really good taste in music.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Maybe Kojima intentionally placed bullshit to end every in-game Low Roar song prematurely so people would go out and listen to the full versions instead.

giphy.gif

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Good for them, glad they got some exposure. I personally couldn't stand the music but loved the game.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Busy cleaning up the remaining trophies. All I can say is. I'm glad this game exists. I'm glad I found Low Roar too. This game has been one hell of a therapeutic experience. It's honestly Kojima at his most earnest and I'm so here for that. Didn't think I'd feel this way about him again after MGS V

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't something similar happen to a band whose song was used in an MGSV trailer?

Kojima is really good about this stuff.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
The band is talented and the producer of Low Roar's recent album also did Lump's curse of the contemporary.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the best licensed tracks of the gen imo (not just Low Roar), and Forssel's amazing OST is nothing to sneeze at either

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice stuff. Kojima has led me to discover some great bands, dude has great taste.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They were the fucking perfect band for Death Stranding. All those moments when the music would kick in were just beautiful, especially that intro on the way to Capital Knot City.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I dug how he likes Low Roar so much, he didn't just feature a shitload of their songs at pivotal moments of the game but you even pick up memory chips where he tells you how awesome he thinks the band is.

The music isn't my cup of tea but it works really well in context while playing.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
I do love the way their music is used. When you're out in the wilderness on a long haul delivery and the music just creeps in like it does. Accentuates the solitude of the post-apocalyptic delivery man

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Good for them.... unfortunately I couldn't stand their music.
MGS5 has a vastly supervisor soundtrack.

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
Nice to hear! I'm quite enjoying their music in the game; I'll have to check out the suggestions of their other music that you guys are posting.

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
I know it was already a popular song but I am 10000% convinced that Kojima putting "Gloria" in MGSV was the reason it resurged back in popularity before the St Louis Blues started using it....

I mean I played it so much on the jukebox at my local bar it hit the top 20 songs.

xICHIGOx

Oct 27, 2017
And thanks to Kojima i've seen the concert in Italy and it was stunning. Best experience i've ever had in any music show.