• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Via Wccftech, GameSpot

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-1.jpg
The rumored Final Fantasy VII Remake Demo will be releasing alongside the main game on March 3, if GameSpot is to be believed.

The demo for the upcoming remake of Final Fantasy VII supposedly leaked on the official PS Store last week, and while it wasn't publically available, a certain number of PS4 owners managed to download and play the demo. The demo was thoroughly datamined and contained loads of details, including screenshots and story details that shouldn't be in the demo.

If media outlet GameSpot is to be believed though, the Final Fantasy VII Remake demo is releasing for the PlayStation 4 alongside the main game on March 3.

Whether GameSpot knows more than we do remains to be seen and there's a good possibility that this is merely a random date that they wrote down. However, there are some indications that Square Enix does intend to release the demo alongside the main game. For instance, those who played the demo claim that no release date at the end of the demo has been mentioned and the demo doesn't seem to include a pre-order option. Instead, the demo invites players to 'purchase' the demo, suggesting that the main game has already been released once the demo is available for play.

Screenshot-2568.png

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
That's really disappointing if true. I wanted to try the demo to convince me to actually pre-order the full game...

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If that's the case then it's completely pointless to me personally, I will just be playing the final release.

What a strange decision if true.

Atilac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the data mining disaster could have been avoided if they put it up like a day in advance?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Damn...thats late. Should at least be 1-2weeks before the release now that it leaked already.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I'm going to buy it at launch. Why would I need a demo by then???????? I guess I could try it then buy it right after but that sounds I dunno haha. Like I was going to buy it no matter what anyway so the demo would be just for me to get my fill early instead of having to wait.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I know it shouldn't have changed their release plans, but it feels a little more bitter now to know that the leak and all the datamining was done for something that wasn't due pre-launch regardless

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
If they're going to do that, they may as well just release it a month or two after the game launches to try to tempt people who didn't buy it into jumping in.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Guess I'll miss the demo then. Still plan to get the game day 1 but a demo would of helped the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.