• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wtf??? This has never been fixed? Its been years. They really messed up.

Messed up is an understatement. It's admirable they are still trying to fix it but 343 has a permanent black eye over this. I'm not sure they'll ever fully redeem themselves among those of us who bought it day 1.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, atleast they aren't giving up on it.

But did 343 or MS knew what a massive mess it was when they released it? Why release such a product that is supposed to be a celebration of your main franchise with such problems?

AnubisRising

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Well, atleast they aren't giving up on it.

But did 343 or MS knew what a massive mess it was when they released it? Why release such a product that is supposed to be a celebration of your main franchise with such problems?
i Think they mentioned that alot of the bugs didnt show up in there tests. Its why from now on every halo game will have a public beta

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Messed up is an understatement. It's admirable they are still trying to fix it but 343 has a permanent black eye over this. I'm not sure they'll ever fully redeem themselves among those of us who bought it day 1.
343 didn't really do the game anyway. It was outsourced to many different companies, which is why it was a mess. No idea why MS shipped it in the state it was in though.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been broken for 4 years. Holy shit. "Commendable" shouldn't be used anywhere near this title.

diablos991

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It sounds to me like 343 have no idea how to fix their game or they don't care about providing a working product to their paying customers.

Either one makes 343 a trash tier company in my eyes.

If they end up fixing it 4 years post release then good for them. I'll be damned if I trust the company again.

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even more hilarious is that people flocked to the backwards compatible 360 versions of these games because they worked better than MCC

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Glad they aren't giving up. While I can't wait to get back to it and play some awesome Halo again, I can't help but feel.... it's 2018 man. It's embarrassing that this game released in such a disaster state and 4 years later..

Gunship

Oct 28, 2017
Must be really depressing and unhealthy for a studio to have something as big as this hanging over them. A real killer for their morale and reputation. The MCC collection was likely too ambitious, too sprawling and epic and was clearly a huge drain on 343. The best way forward would be a back to basics, single player focussed Halo reboot and for them to move on from the MCC disaster.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It's been almost 4 years since this came out. It still boggles my mind that it still needs to be fixed.
Better late than never I say

That being said, the Metacritic score certainly doesn't reflect what a disaster this was at launch. There were a lot of 9's and above. Even from reputable sites like Game Informer and Polygon

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The only way this feels like it has a point is if they get this on PC and ready for their next generation consoles so we don't have to do any more song and dance about re-releases. At least as an easy-in to Halo in general it has value being fixed up, if late.

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
Weird that people on this forum are reacting like this is the first we've heard of this.

They announced they'll be properly fixing the MCC months ago.

CoLD FiRE

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

It depends on your definition of "fixed".

The game still has problems and the low population makes it even worse. For me, the MCC is still the biggest fuck up by Microsoft and 343 so far in handling Halo in general.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
It's great that they're still committed to improving on it, no matter how old it is. I was already satisfied with the package...the single player campaigns ran great for me, and since I mostly played against randoms online I never had any issue with the multiplayer either. The XB1X enhancements will definitely bring me back in.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Why does it need fixing? It got an 90 on metacritic.

Guess all those times I tried to play MP with my friends that my party got disbanded, or we got black screened on load, or it took 28 tries to all get in the same room, or the matches turned into insane lag-fests, instead of being frustrated by it, I should have reminded myself that it was all cool because the game got a 90 on metacritic.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Halo is ready for its "Force Awakens" fixing MCC is the first step. Ive seen the Flight test of MCC in action and iam dying to talk about what i saw, but ill stay quiet somehow

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
This game is almost 4 years old.

4 years old.

Why not just make a new remaster at this point.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This video's great. I'm 5 minutes in and it still hasn't acknowledged how they're planning to fix it.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
it's kind of like a destiny 2 situation, except the goal for bungie is clear -- get people playing destiny 2 again so that they keep buying silver and stay for the fall expansion

with MCC, it seems like the only benefit (not saying that it isn't a worthy one) is to salvage the MCC and fix their mistakes, restoring faith in the Halo brand/franchise

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
The way the MCC was treated makes me so pissed I ever owned an xb1. Probably my worst gaming purchase ever. Halo is dead for me personally.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This video's great. I'm 5 minutes in and it still hasn't acknowledged how they're planning to fix it.
This video was pretty worthless honestly the articles included in the OP go in to great detail about the mistakes they made. It shows just how ambitious and kind of insane they were for attempting so quickly

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They'll fix it, they have to now they've said they will. Screwing it up twice is even more unthinkable than screwing it up twice.

As for all the people posting "wtf why this long!?" if you read any of the articles you'd find out why. They needed some underlying changes to how Xbox live does matchmaking and parties. Or rather, now that how Xbox live does matchmaking and parties has changed anyway, they have a new chance to rebuild those features and get them working properly.

That plus a bunch of other things means they can finally get the budget and time to go back and fix it.

I strongly suspect the case was "let us port it to PC, AND fix it, and PC sales can pay for the Xbox fix"

A WORKING Halo MCC on PC could coax some people into the windows store.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
how the fuck is this not fixed yet

hopefully it's good to go by the time i revisit these games in like 20 years

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017

Depends what you mean by fixed. I just played through all 5 games that are part of this in glorious 60fps. I also got on last night and played multiplayer Halo with others via matchmaking. ZERO issues.

Could it be a lot better? Does it still have issues? Yes.

Is it a completely broken pile of crap that barely runs like some people on here say? No.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, lol

Dunno if YouTube embeds at specific times work on here, but at about 7:33 the dude pronounces ElDewrito, "El-dah-righto"

And once again, a video that gets the mod wrong. It's modifying Microsoft's assets. That's what mods do. It doesn't include any of their assets in the installation though.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
PC + Reach would be an insta $60 buy for me. I think even though its been 4 years, which is obviously an absurd amount of time, a PC release might be what's needed to revitalize the collection (though I imagine there won't be shared online with XBOX).

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I played through the MCC for the first time a year and a half ago and I was amazed even back then that there were still basic glitches in single player, including legacy glitches from Halo 4 that were still around.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
As someone that has never run into any issues with this collection on my OG XB1 or S, I'm pretty excited to get a bunch of upgrades

It's been a long time but good on them for fixing this for the people having issues. Releasing this on gamepass when fixed will hopefully revitalize the Halo community