• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bonnie Ross - Head of 343i
Kiki Wolfkill - Head of 343i Transmedia
Shanon Loftis - Head of Xbox Game Studios Global Publishing
Helen Chiang - Head of Minecraft
Jessica Freeman - Head of Marketing Minecraft
Nina Kristensen - Head of Ninja Theory
Ashley Speicher - Head of Engineering Xbox
Karen Woessner Smith - Head of Xbox Partnerships & Lifestyle
Lydia Winters - Chief of Brand Minecraft
Mary McGuane - Chief of Staff Xbox Game Studios
Juliana Tioanda - Chief of Staff Microsoft Gaming Cloud
Arbresha Miraj - Chief of Staff Xbox Team
Sarah Bond - VP Gaming, Gaming Partnerships & Business Development
Nicole Fawcette - Xbox Marketing, Gears of War and Lead of Women in Gaming Xbox
Catarina Macedo - Program Manager Xbox, Lead of Women in Gaming Xbox
Tina Summerford - Director of Programming Xbox
Jenn McCoy - Director of Mixer
Angela Hession - Director of ID@Xbox, Xbox Strategy, Hololens
Kris Hunter - Director of Product User Research and HW Accessibility Xbox
Cindy Walker - Director of Platform Marketing, Lead of Project Scarlett
Tacey Miller - Director of Productions Xbox
Julie Lowe - Director of Marketing, Lead Global Marketing Xbox
Catherine Gluckstein - General Manager Xbox Xcloud
Ada Duan - General Manager Business Development, Lead Business Development Xbox Game Studios
Bree White - Global Product Marketing Manager Xbox
Rachel Card - Principal Program Manager, Xbox
Gabi Michel - Senior Program Manager of HW, Lead of Xbox Adaptative Controller

And a lot more lead positions across the Microsft Gaming Division ( Xbox, Live, Azure, Playfab, Mixer, HW, Marketing, etc. ).
come thru with the receipts!

tzuy0hbn6j83.gif

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ada Duan - General Manager Business Development, Lead Business Development Xbox Game Studios

And a lot more lead positions across the Microsft Gaming Division ( Xbox, Live, Azure, Playfab, Mixer, HW, Marketing, etc. ).
Thank you for this, it's annoying to have someone coming in without any sources or facts other than "trust me I know".

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

589955f215e98.gif

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019

Oct 27, 2017
Lol what? Very unlike you to not fact check your statements. MS has a lot of prominent female figures in major roles.

I mean, two of the biggest franchises in the world are run by females (Minecraft and Halo).
You eventually get complacent and think that no one will check when you have a large slice of the gaming side fawning all over you.

The believers will dismiss this though.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

we love you Oluasc... \o/

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Because putting out the X, launching Game Pass on Xbox and PC and bolstering their first party studio lineup clearly don't count.

Latest NPD would say, those things so far have not had the longest lasting effects that they were talked about having. Xbox Game Pass on PC is still up in the air in what it's going to offer and currently how well the PC community has taken to it. We still dont have halo released for MCC on PC yet, and it was announced a while ago.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Latest NPD would say, those things so far have not had the longest lasting effects that they were talked about having. Xbox Game Pass on PC is still up in the air in what it's going to offer and currently how well the PC community has taken to it. We still dont have halo released for MCC on PC yet, and it was announced a while ago.
You are now just moving goalposts.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
You are now just moving goalposts.

How so?

What data so far for Gamepass on PC do we have? All I know is its still in beta, and game list is not final in whats coming to it. These articles literally game out within the past month:

Verge

Gaming was a big focus for Microsoft at E3 during this quarter, but the company's gaming business has stalled. Gaming revenue declined by 10 percent this quarter, alongside Xbox software and services revenue decline of 3 percent.

Microsoft still doesn't reveal exact Xbox hardware sales, but Xbox chief Phil Spencer said during this quarter that Microsoft's business "isn't how many consoles you sell." Still, Microsoft's Xbox hardware revenue declined a massive 48 percent, and Microsoft attributes this to a "decrease in the volume of consoles sold." As we approach Xbox Project Scarlett, it's unlikely that this hardware sale growth will bounce back, but Microsoft is hoping the Xbox One S All-digital Edition will help.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

What has that to do with with Spencer talking to much and not delivering on what he said.
The member post a couple of things and what Spencer said he wanted to do and he did that. And then you bring up NPD for some reason, PC gamepass and Halo MCC (wich is never said it would have been released by now)
Where for example PC gamepass and Halo on PC are clearly thing to back up what Spencer said that he wanted to do more on PC. Even forgetting we have first party games for a couple of years now on PC and play anywhere.

Literally was just about to say this. Anyone can play that game all day long.

Yeah its with every thread. They always try to find something new. When the old argument doesnt work anymore because Spencer did it.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How so?

What data so far for Gamepass on PC do we have? All I know is its still in beta, and game list is not final in whats coming to it. These articles literally game out within the past month:

Verge

Stating that he didn't deliver on what matters and then responding with sales figures may look like goalpost moving since most people would assume that you would be talking about consumers interests where he did deliver on what he promised in the end (first party development, X1X, Gamepass etc..).

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
What has that to do with with Spencer talking to much and not delivering on what he said.
The member post a couple of things and what Spencer said he wanted to do and he did that. And then you bring up NPD for some reason, PC gamepass and Halo MCC (wich is never said it would have been released by now)
Where for example PC gamepass and Halo on PC are clearly thing to back up what Spencer said that he wanted to do more on PC. Even forgetting we have first party games for a couple of years now on PC and play anywhere.

Yeah its with every thread. They always try to find something new. When the old argument doesnt work anymore because Spencer did it.

Thats' the thing. Xbox on PC i believe before he was CEO was still his idea he pushed back in 2015 for PC ANYWHERE. It led to not much. XBox one x was already in development before his ceo status. Things he has done well is deals with studios, and getting smaller games released as bigger roster titles on game pass to get more exposure. Games are his thing.

But it's still a wait and see for the rest to see how it shakes out. The next couple big releases will be decent indicators to how PC is doing with their games.

I never said he hasn't done a great deal to xbox. He has. But xbox also was in such a shit state any kind of positive change was better than the direction it was heading.

Stating that he didn't deliver on what matters and then responding with sales figures may look like goalpost moving since most people would assume that you would be talking about consumers interests where he did deliver on what he promised in the end (first party development, X1X, Gamepass etc..).

YEA, and that NPD quote was not reflective of the studio that they bought. My point is when it comes to certain things like gamepass on PC which was just announced at E3, but their Xbox anywhere/PC initiate has been around for years with very little fan fair outside of sea of thieves, and maybe forza. My point is word is still out on the long lasting effects. Gamepass has been out for a while, but not on PC. ANd we wont see any new IP's from those studios for a long ass time depending on the project scope/size.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Thats' the thing. Xbox on PC i believe before he was CEO was still his idea he pushed back in 2015 for PC ANYWHERE. It led to not much. XBox one x was already in development before his ceo status. Things he has done well is deals with studios, and getting smaller games released as bigger roster titles on game pass to get more exposure. Games are his thing.

But it's still a wait and see for the rest to see how it shakes out. The next couple big releases will be decent indicators to how PC is doing with their games.

I never said he hasn't done a great deal to xbox. He has. But xbox also was in such a shit state any kind of positive change was better than the direction it was heading.
Spencer became head of xbox in 2014. The X, the push to play anywhere and more focus on PC all were his initiatives.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Spencer became head of xbox in 2014. The X, the push to play anywhere and more focus on PC all were his idea's.

And how did those work out? XBox one x was a great piece of hardware that had amazing launch numbers, then fell off a rock because of their first party issues not being able to show off the hardware. Howe well did Play anywhere work out? They had to basically relaunch it and rethink it again with gamepass for PC and now putting games on other stores because no one was buying them on windows.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019

YEA, and that NPD quote was not reflective of the studio that they bought. My point is when it comes to certain things like gamepass on PC which was just announced at E3, but their Xbox anywhere/PC initiate has been around for years with very little fan fair outside of sea of thieves, and maybe forza. My point is word is still out on the long lasting effects. Gamepass has been out for a while, but not on PC. ANd we wont see any new IP's from those studios for a long ass time depending on the project scope/size.
It's funny how all 1st party titles are play anywhere and game pass day 1 just gets brushed aside now. Like when Halo Infinite comes out, if you buy that game you get a pc and xbox copy or with game pass you just get it. The value proposition is wild and just gets glossed over now.

Also you forget, Ninja Theory, Obsidian and Inxile are studios we know of that already had multiple projects in the works so we may not have to wait as long on them as you think.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
It's funny how all 1st party titles are play anywhere and game pass day 1 just gets brushed aside now. Like when Halo Infinite comes out, if you buy that game you get a pc and xbox copy or with game pass you just get it. The value proposition is wild and just gets glossed over now.

Yea, it's a good deal. But unfortunatley Microsoft has a bad stigma when it comes to PC gaming because of shit in the past. They are heading in the right direction now. Which is why I said I need to see numbers for those titles on PC before we can say it's had the lasting effect.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
And how did those work out? XBox one x was a great piece of hardware that had amazing launch numbers, then fell off a rock because of their first party issues not being able to show off the hardware. Howe well did Play anywhere work out? They had to basically relaunch it and rethink it again with gamepass for PC and now putting games on other stores because no one was buying them on windows.

Like you did before you are moving goalpost again to make your argument. And start to use sales again.
Did Spencer ever promised to win every NPD from now on with the X? No.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Like you did before you are moving goalpost again to make your argument. And start to use sales again.
Did Spencer ever promised to win every NPD from now on with the X? No.

The whole point of the beefed up consoles is to have better running looking games. All they showed were games you could get on other platforms. Their own titles are what you help sell the higher price.

And im not wrong in Play anywhere. Thats not moving goal posts. People were skeptical and had a right to be when it came to Xbox on PC from past failings. And now they relaunched it again with gamepass, and with announcing releasing their games on more storefronts.

No goal posts there bud.

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017

MS has a woman lead on Project Scarlett. Very impressive. Would be cool to know that next gen will be headed up by a woman on Microsoft's team.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Yea, it's a good deal. But unfortunatley Microsoft has a bad stigma when it comes to PC gaming because of shit in the past. They are heading in the right direction now. Which is why I said I need to see numbers for those titles on PC before we can say it's had the lasting effect.
I think the lasting effect is that it is here and now and available and one of if not the best deal in gaming. As for numbers I think MS has made clear they don't disclose anything anymore outside of investor calls.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The whole point of the beefed up consoles is to have better running looking games. All they showed were games you could get on other platforms. Their own titles are what you help sell the higher price.

And im not wrong in Play anywhere. Thats not moving goal posts. People were skeptical and had a right to be when it came to Xbox on PC from past failings. And now they relaunched it again with gamepass, and with announcing releasing their games on more storefronts.

No goal posts there bud.
You keep thinking in sales as a argument. The reason both things exists is the actual thing he delivered what he said he wanted. Now even more with PC how expanding it to Steam show even more commitment on what he before said.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

DAMN SON, hi Phil

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Stating an obvious fact? I like Phil but most companies are not going to pull a game that's pulling in a decent amount of revenue.

They could have pulled the game from PS, thinking that having it as an exclusive would provide more long term value.

You are right that this wasn't done out of good will. But it is a example of companies choosing the option where corporate and consumer interests align. It could have easily gone the other way.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Was in the middle of typing a longer comment here when the sit3 went down for maintenance so I'll just say in short that I'm glad this guy is doing some good things and I'm looking forward to next year too.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Maybe some of you should move on then.

How does a positive thread like this turn so negative on this website.

Have you seen how most Xbox threads end up on here or neogaf before?

Coincedence? I think not and I even recognize some of the same avatars but i will say this, the mods here are doing a MUCH MUCH better job than that other site.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, the thread is doing a great job at debunking alot of the tired old tropes against Xbox/Phil's reign as Head. Era has a larger amount of Sony/Nintendo fans here, but good old facts seems to separating genuine criticism from deeply entrenched contempt from fanboys (mods doing a great job on weeding them out too)..

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Because when a post that was unnecessary, that I reported didn't have any consequence as it was off topic as hell and instead commentated on by moderators, it turned into what it is.

Then you also have the same song being played by users turning ish into negative cuz that's what they do.

On topic, GameSpot had really good content. I wish it wasn't different articles but just more pages in one big article... But ya know SEO.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe some of you should move on then.

As soon as they're able to maintain a healthy release schedule of good games for over one generation i'm willing to forget their shitty past.

I liked their Xbox output and loved the first 3 years of the 360 in terms of exclusive games but after that? Nothing but talking heads promising a better future.

I like Phil and can see him doing even better stuff down the road but MS really needs to show that they're able and willing to do good for longer than one generation imo.

The reason people "trust" Nintendo or Sony to buy their consoles day 1 without seeing one single game is because those two have delivered for multiple generations. Even at their worst they took care of their core audience. I really, really hope Ms will do the same under Spencer.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have and their output is still as bad or worse than at the beginning of this gen. This may or may not change in the future but so far I have no real reason to be optimistic. The rest of the stuff they did is either irrelevant to me (Gamepass, Crossplay, Play Anywhere) or nice to have but not really something I prioritize over strong industry defining games output (BC which has also been canceled for the foreseeable future).

GP, crossplay and play anywhere are huge deals to a lot of people and are pretty big initiatives. Just because you don't specifically like them doesn't mean Spencer hasn't been putting work in.

Have you also been missing all the studio acquisitions? Outer Worlds looks fantastic. Yes you can play it on other consoles but that's a first party game right there and free day 1 to GP subscribers.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone makes mistakes, but the way some of y'all are acting, it's like you're venting some pent up aggression toward the guy.

Chill fam.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017

It's actually incredibly disheartening that this post is considered proof of anything positive. In an organization of thousands of people, you posted a list of 26 women across all levels (not just leadership) of the organization.

Do you think not doing well with women in positions of leadership = absolutely no women work there? Or even that no women are happy there? It's actually pretty heartbreaking to see this reaction.

Look, you don't have to care about this topic, and I get not wanting to engage with it in this thread. But don't be actively dismissive or belittling of these issues.

Last edited:

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
Talk about putting someone on a pedestal. That whole article seems bias to me lol.

I also never seen a thread that large. It is humongous.

It is like politicians. Charm the shit out of people and they will swallow that like candy. I am not buying 70% out that. Maybe 30%, but the rest is filler material.

How are people so charmed by this dude???