• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While developer Ready At Dawn has confirmed it's working on a new AAA console game, it hasn't said anything specific about an Order sequel. A new leak from a NeoGAF poster who previously nailed most of the details for PS4 Pro several months before it was officially announced in September 2016 hints toward the possibility. OsirisBlack omitted some details to make the alleged PS5 and Xbox Series X game more difficult to identify, but they also dropped a few riddle-like teasers that pointed toward a The Order: 1886 sequel.
In short, the alleged gameplay trailer shows a man with a shoulder-mounted light device surveying a dim room, then firing on and fleeing from a yellow-eyed, many-armed creature. The monster taunts him from behind the door, "almost singing" the words "I have found you" before the game's title appears on the screen and the trailer ends. OsirisBlack says most of what they were shown was live gameplay rather than a cutscene, and specifically called at the lighting and physics as being "on another level".

There's no way to prove that this is actually a thing and not just OsirisBlack describing a dream they had the other night, or something. Their previous history with leaks helps lend this one some credence, but it's still worth taking with several grains of salt. Honestly, the most interesting part to me is that Ready At Dawn may still be trying to make The Order franchise work after the first one was so poorly received - I'm always on board for a redemption arc, especially when it involves steampunk Knights of the Round Table fighting monsters.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
The person that wrote that article didn't think this through lol

Everything for clicks I guess.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I hope there is a sequel. It was such a milestone for real time visuals this gen.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
YES

I WANT IT

Ready at Dawn knows what they have made, they would not repeat the same mistakes as with the original. Game needs to be larger, more varried, more gameplay elements, and with better pacing that has several highs and lows during the endgame.

Anyways, RAD is making an unannounced AAA multiplat game for several years now. I hope they will start promoting it soon.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked to see it return in some form at all, but lmao at a "news outlet" pushing a story based on a rando's forum post

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I really enjoyed the Order for what it was and would love to see a sequel, which could happen, but I doubt it would go to Xbox unless RAD somehow bought the IP.

Deleted member 8784

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not going to lie, I always thought Gamesradar had a higher standard than a fucking GAF post. Especially because I'm pretty sure a few ex CVG guys work there, and that was always decent.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Probably the worst gameplay I've ever seen. The lichens fights where they hit you and ran way comes to mind

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Because they'd never use it again most likely.

But I don't buy it, the franchise has no future.
Sony might not see it but Ready At Dawn might. Wouldn't be too far outside the realm of possibility to let RaD take care of it then take a few bucks off the top of the Xbox copies sold.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
i want a sequel so god damn bad. This game could be some amazing ass open world with its universe and setting.

But on xbox? Doesn't sony own the IP

Oct 25, 2017
Is this going to be yet another "no chance" dismissed thread that comes true again? šŸ˜‚

Nothing surprises me anymore. We are moving to a new era and age. The old times of what we knew are gone. There is no "no chance" anymore.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I don't care what platform it lands on, there is so much potential in this IP for greatness. The actual gameplay parts (outside of fighting monsters) was really tight. Shooting felt good and animated very well, enemy hit reactions were on point, and movement felt and looked awesome. For the sequel they need to take control away from the player less often and make monsters more than QTEs. Those two changes would be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.