• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
The end of the year is pretty much filed up, what could they announce more?
It's more probably mostly 3rd parties.

Well, technically they don't have a game releasing on the Friday before Black Friday (yet). And that's, like, their favorite day to release things. And they don't always have a December game, but that's empty, too.

And there's also next year. There's a lot of year before AC:NH's March 20 release. We started off 2019 with a Mario remaster in that time period.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Sorry everyone, these are all just different versions of my new game: Plum Wars. My bad!

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Galaxy HD Collection.

Zelda Twilight Princess and Wind Waker HD Collection.

Skyward Sword HD.

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie remakes.

Metroid Prime Trilogy HD.

The Thousand-Year Door HD.

And then, like, some new games maybe.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Switch Rumor Hunters sure keep on top of these things like crazy. A shame they never browse on over to see if some PS4 and X1 section to see if there's some Unknown SKUs there too.
As someone who work at GS 8 years, we would check for available skus all the time. By that I mean that whenever you look at the category for "Upcoming Games" these would populate in there. They aren't hidden and would show up all the time. The thing was the only time Xbox and Playstation had an abundance of them would be pre-e3. Otherwise you would see "Available SKU" pop in periodically but it would normally be multiplatform and there for the news would be "A game is going to be announced" which is hardly news to begin with when you lack any details.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
To be fair, September is stacked and November is stacked, October is fairly barren. Let's get those gaps plugged...

Any event in the next few weeks is a little late to be announcing an early-mid October game. Maaaybe a late-November or December game would be possible, if it wasn't something that needed a long marketing cycle (like a Super Mario Party 2 or some sort of HD remaster).

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GTA V : The Franklin Diaries. GTA V Story Mode plus Switch-Exclusive single-player chapter chronicling the origin of Franklin's friendship with Lamar, EXCLUSIVE to Switch Lite.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Two of them should be Empire of Sin and Trials of Mana, confirmed physical games that still are not on GS database. Rest is mystery though.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this happen before. This could be a variety of things, not just games. GameStop uses different SKUs for different systems, and whenever there's new unannounced stuff that gets added to the system for a specific console - whether it be new console SKUs, new accessories, or new games - they initially get added to the system under the base console SKU and then converted to each respective accessory/console SKU later (unless they changed the practice). These 18 could very much be new Joy-Cons/Controllers/Switch Lite accessories.

However, seeing the Big N's recent track record, it could very well be 18 new games entirely.

Given we're nearing renewal time for NSO, I wonder if we could be looking at some "1 yr online + (game/retro controller) bundles."

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
To be fair, September is stacked and November is stacked, October is fairly barren. Let's get those gaps plugged...

Witcher 3+Luigi's Mansion is pretty big, plus smaller stuff like Trine 4, Disgaea 4, Super Monkey Ball, Resident Evil 5 & 6. Maybe not stacked but still a pretty solid lineup.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To be fair, a September Direct is almost a given. The real question is if ATLUS or Square Enix will be showing anything.
I have a feeling that we just might get another SMTV tease. It's been more than a year and a half since the last information we got. If not the direct, then TGS.

Aug 10, 2019
Interesting that they're all listed as releasing this year. I'm assuming that's common practice, but that gives the hint that the Direct should be coming soon.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Witcher 3+Luigi's Mansion is pretty big, plus smaller stuff like Trine 4, Disgaea 4, Super Monkey Ball, Resident Evil 5 & 6. Maybe not stacked but still a pretty solid lineup.
Everything to the end of a November is pretty damn solid, honestly. They have something secret planned for December or January, I just know it. I'm praying to the gods it's 3D World

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get that, just seems like it'd be a smart move to sort of deduce how many of these might actually be exclusive and such.
Since if it's a multiplatform game, it's going to likely have the X1 and PS4 listings just like the switch versions.]

Dark Cloud
598234180735991810.png
Lol you rang. 🧟‍♂️

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, technically they don't have a game releasing on the Friday before Black Friday (yet). And that's, like, their favorite day to release things. And they don't always have a December game, but that's empty, too.

And there's also next year. There's a lot of year before AC:NH's March 20 release. We started off 2019 with a Mario remaster in that time period.
Who doesn't have a game? Nintendo has Pokémon coming before Black Friday.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe Nintendo is putting out 18 different SKUs of The Wonderful 101. Standard Edition, Collector's Edition, themed Switch console, Ultra Collector's Edition, Hideki Kamiya Personally Comes to Your House and Tells You You're Playing it Wrong Edition. Finally the game gets the marketing push it deserves.

Nov 3, 2017
I remember something like this happening earlier this year but did a Direct come soon after? Can someone refresh my memory

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe Nintendo is putting out 18 different SKUs of The Wonderful 101. Standard Edition, Collector's Edition, themed Switch console, Ultra Collector's Edition, Hideki Kamiya Personally Comes to Your House and Tells You You're Playing it Wrong Edition. Finally the game gets the marketing push it deserves.

Along with the new PvP multiplayer mode in the style of Anarchy Reigns.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Super Mario Oddysey 2 sounds too big to reveal now atm. Still, a vacation themed sequel would be really amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.