• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Would be a nice surprise if we get

GTA 5, a CoD game, Assassins Creed Odyssey, MP Trilogy, Wonderful 101,

KH3 I feel like they would hype it up more instead of a sudden release out of no where. Definitely not getting any Zelda Remasters when Awakening is out next month.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Seems a bit early to start hyping up 2020 titles seeing how the end of 2019 is stacked but hey, I'll take it!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
No shit a direct is coming soon. Out of all the insane direct pattern tracking theories, the Indie Direct followed be a proper direct in under 2 weeks has always the most sensible and accurate of em all. And yeah this is going to be the "Big" One for lack of better words. I mean consider where the Switch is right now, software wize:
-Most console Flagship Series have seen 1 game
-Most HandheldnFlagship Series have seen a release or are seeing one this year.
-BotW2, Bayo 3, Metroid Prime 4, and SMTV are the only undated project from Nintendo that are currently announced. What this means is we are getting close to something more formal, at least for the 3rd parties published by Nintendo.
-Only 1 Title set for release in 2020 and it has a release date.

So what does this all mean? 2020 has no actual slate and they have to start announcing stuff soon for the next calendar year, which is likely this direct, and whatever they do announce is gonna be something more deep in their vault of IPs or a sequel to somethong already released. Which is why its a big one, not just in quantity but in terms of surprises.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
No shit a direct is coming soon. Out of all the insane direct pattern tracking theories, the Indie Direct followed be a proper direct in under 2 weeks has always the most sensible and accurate of em all. And yeah this is going to be the "Big" One for lack of better words. I mean consider where the Switch is right now, software wize:
-BotW2, Bayo 3, Metroid Prime 4, and SMTV are the only undated project from Nintendo that are currently announced. What this means is we are getting close to something more formal, at least for the 3rd parties published by Nintendo.

So what does this all mean? 2020 has no actual slate and they have to start announcing stuff soon for the next calendar year, which is likely this direct, and whatever they do announce is gonna be something more deep in their vault of IPs or a sequel to somethong already released. Which is why its a big one, not just in quantity but in terms of surprises.

No More Heroes 3 is likely Nintendo published as well for 2020.

But yes, we should be getting at least 2 games dated for either December, January, February for sure. Possible more hinted at for first half of 2020.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
xBmbOcq.gif
Disappointed I had to get to the second page to see this.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
We hoe have three linea of circunstantial evidence converging:

- Early september is typically the time for a direct
- A Nindies presentation just happened
- Gamestop SKUs have appeared for unannounced titles

Seems like we could definitely expect a direct soon. My bet is September 5th.

We will see a lot of different things probably, but I hope to see one of the following:
- Monolith Soft new game trailer
- BOTW 2 second trailer

Beyond that, hopefully some more good third party surprises!

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
No More Heroes 3 is likely Nintendo published as well for 2020.

But yes, we should be getting at least 2 games dated for either December, January, February for sure. Possible more hinted at for first half of 2020.
Ah forgot NMH3, I would definitely assume Suda struck some deal with Nintendo for it. But yeah my point still holds about the relatively mysterious 2020, this time last year we already had some sort od good idea, and doubly so after the September Direct, about what exactly 2019 will look like. Only additions made after Sept 2019 were MM2, Astral Chain, and Link's Awakening. Now we are looking at perhaps 3 fully new announcements for tbis direct and god knows how many for the January/February one. Good lord is that one gonna be a bombshell.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Ah forgot NMH3, I would definitely assume Suda struck some deal with Nintendo for it. But yeah my point still holds about the relatively mysterious 2020, this time last year we already had some sort od good idea, and doubly so after the September Direct, about what exactly 2019 will look like. Only additions made after where MM2, Astral Chain, and Link's Awakening.

Also Ultimate Alliance 3 which came at Game Awards. But this upcoming direct should be stellar

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
We hoe have three linea of circunstantial evidence converging:

- Early september is typically the time for a direct
- A Nindies presentation just happened
- Gamestop SKUs have appeared for unannounced titles

Seems like we could definitely expect a direct soon. My bet is September 5th.

We will see a lot of different things probably, but I hope to see one of the following:
- Monolith Soft new game trailer
- BOTW 2 second trailer

Beyond that, hopefully some more good third party surprises!

I'd die if we got more BotW2 content

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Am I delusional to hope for more BotW 2? I guess we're only going to see more of it closer to the end of the year

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
From memory, the biggest first party announcements from the September 2018 Direct were Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, and Isabelle for Smash. Third parties had heaps of shit, mostly old ports, but stuff like "here's nearly every Final Fantasy you fucks".

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Monster Hunter switch and Hunter for smash.
Assuming MH Switch even exists, i don't see them revealing it before Iceborne is released.

From memory, the biggest first party announcements from the September 2018 Direct were Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, and Isabelle for Smash. Third parties had heaps of shit, mostly old ports, but stuff like "here's nearly every Final Fantasy you fucks".
We're still missing Crystal Chronicles from that reveal, so i see the release date being revealed in this direct, assuming it's not delayed to 2020. Honestly,i'd be stoked if we got Final Fantasy 1-6, and the 13 trilogy announced for the Switch as well; and of course a FFT HD remaster.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
gtav
red dead redemption 2
fallout 3 remastered
dishonored 1 & 2
cyberpunk 2077
assassin's creed something
overwatch 2
biomutant
plants vs zombies 3
dark souls 2
dark souls 3
kingdom hearts collection
kingdom hearts 3
devil may cry 2 59,99 us dollars edition
shenmue 1 &2
halo combat evolved hd
god of war

and last one is monster hunter 3 ultimate for nintendo switch.

I know this should be joke list, but around 50% of that list could easily come to Switch.

The end of the year is pretty much filed up, what could they announce more?
It's more probably mostly 3rd parties.

More games for rest of the year and some staffs for 2020.

Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Super Mario 3D World and Pikmin 3 (or trilogy) please.

Basically all titles I hope/want Nintendo will bring in HD to Switch.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
So far, in 2019, every general direct or indie presentation has been a slam dunk as far as I'm concerned. Let's hope that the trend continues.

I'm with you here. Things are really starting to click for Nintendo this generation.

If Nintendo can always deliver presentations like this year then they've got it made.

Boggles the mind that Nintendo just keeps getting better. Can't imagine how great the Switch successor will be.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Those were the biggest, but we also got New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn, and some update info for Splatoon 2 and Mario Tennis Aces.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017

And there's also the Switch Mini to "launch"

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the sunshine speculation isn't about a remaster. Why anyone would want the worst 3d mario remastered when they could have any of the others is beyond me.

Isle delfino dlc for odyssey would have been nice, but it's way too late for a big laid dlc campaign for it, surely?

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
Why should they announce their 2020 lineup already in September?
I guess we will see more from the games, that were already announced. And some smaller games that will launch along the Switch Lite. I'm hoping for a soon release of Sayonara Wild Hearts.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
Why should they announce their 2020 lineup already in September?
I guess we will see more from the games, that were already announced. And some smaller games that will launch along the Switch Lite. I'm hoping for a soon release of Sayonara Wild Hearts.
At least 1-2 titles for 2020. TOWN was revealed in the september 2018 direct, also Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Just hope we get some surprises for 2020 instead of a safe direct that just goes more in depth on titles for the latter half of 2019.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
I hope the sunshine speculation isn't about a remaster. Why anyone would want the worst 3d mario remastered when they could have any of the others is beyond me.

Isle delfino dlc for odyssey would have been nice, but it's way too late for a big laid dlc campaign for it, surely?

It could be a Sunshine mode for Mario Maker 2 as well. There's one mode missing there.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Saved for e3 imho.
Dreaming Is good, my hopes to be shattered: sekiro switch, elden ring announced also for switch, trails of cold steel 3 switch.
With the exception of Dark souls remastered, I wonder if Fromsoft is bothered with the Switch. It would be nice to have Sekiro on Switch.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
As far as Sunshine goes, I think at this point it'd be more likely as a location in an Odyssey 2 announcement than DLC. A standalone Sunshine remake seems unlikely too.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
2019 Switch's lineup is lacking a December game, maybe it's time?
Here we go again.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Second week of september

Switch lite focus
2019 highlights on Luigi and Pokemon
Animal crossing new trailer and bundle
Wario ware game 2020
Mario party DLC for spring 2020
Bayonetta 3 gameplay trailer, H1 2020 release
New Monolith IP trailer, 2020 release
Town new trailer, february 2020 release
Third party reel (old ports, primarly)
Mario oddissey Delphinia Island DLC for december 2019
Doom Eternal trailer
Doomslayer for Smash hype trailer

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
2019 Switch's lineup is lacking a December game, maybe it's time?
Here we go again.
If I had to guess, Super Maroo Odyssey-Uncharted Kingdoms. 3 new Kingdoms including Isle Defino. Alternatively some sort of Wii U Port.

Now if I had to guess any other reveal:
-Metroid 5
-Something Monolith
-Pikmin 4

Those will be the 3 major reveals of the direct, 1 st Party Wise. 3rd Party Wise as a tradition of sorts this September will be the Capcom apology tour, much like Square Enix unloading nearly every Final Fantasy onto the Switch last September.

Oct 26, 2017
Give me my Xenoblade X port, Nintendo. I'm a couple of hours into replaying it and it's a nightmare - the gamepad's taken a battering at the hands of the oldest of my two boys over the years and the battery is absolutely knackered. Finding a replacement for either/both would cost more than buying a full price port.

Edit: seeing as we're chucking all our hopes/dreams in here, give me a new Monster Hunter. Chuck in some of the improvements from World but otherwise keep it classic. Probably an unpopular opinion but despite a lot of improvements, World lost a lot of personality and variety in its persuit of western audiences.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I hope we get a teaser for a new 2D Metroid, which if I had to guess I'd say it is being developed by MercurySteam.
I'd be shocked if Sakamoto isn't writing and producing Metroid 5 alongside MercurySteam who would be developing it based on their work with Samus Returns. Shit I'd be even more shocked if Samus Returns doesn't see an HD re-release on the Switch. Game deserves attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.