• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you like to see a New Dino Crisis at E3?

• Yes

Votes: 496 53.9%
  • Stop it. Get some help.

Votes: 425 46.1%

• Total voters

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

For those catching up, GameStop made a tweet asking if people wanted to see Dino Crisis at E3. Then deleted the tweet after "teasing" in the comments.

————————
Original thread

D6ubiiiWkAAUGJ3.jpg

Was notified by a ton of people that GameStop made this tweet out of nowhere about Dino Crisis. While it could just be related to the earlier Xbox E3 Rumors (which ended up just being speculation from a poster here). The hopeful part of me has to believe that there might be more to this.

We've discussed numerous times about the series and why it should come back and with it being the 20th anniversary this year. Now would be the time to reveal it, even if it's further out. Though I understand that isn't the norm for Capcom's current marketing trends. But the DC IP as a whole has a lot of potential for revitalization, being able to start from a blank slate with no real requirements to please fans outside Regina & Dinosaurs.

So what do you think? Does GameStop know something? Did they just post based on the earlier rumors? Could there actually be legitimate murmurs going about behind the scenes?

Last edited:

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Jawmuncher, if you wanted to make a thread bragging that you got hired to run Gamestop's social media, it would be fine

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas
No, it's just a post to drive social engagement. Don't read too much into it. They would never be given the green light to even make that association if they had prior knowledge of the game being announced.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yeah, if it's like REmake2 or RE7 in style

I don't think Gamestop's social media manager knows shit, though

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Why not, if done with ambition. The first game could be blamed for coming after resident evil games mostly.But you could use magnetic fields to block dinosaurs and climb for conduits.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I do wonder if Capcom will at least announce a remaster / rerelease of the first 2 games at E3. They're running out of old titles to bring back.

Oct 26, 2017
I think Gamestop knows something. I think Capcom would keep trying to get as much use of the RE Engine as possible now that RE2make and DMCV did well beyond expectations too.

Aiervon

Digital Strategist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dallas

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
I see Dino Crisis mentioned more times on this forum every month than anywhere else in my entire life.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
A Dino Crisis remake in the style of the new RE2 makes more sense to me then doing RE3 in the same style, so sure.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
You guys saw who made the thread right? :P

Yeah, pretty sure everyone knew after glancing at the title.

OT: I would do quite a lot for a new Dino Crisis. Pretty near the top of the list for desired franchise reboots. Personally, I'd love if it was more in line with the first game. Although DC2 is excellent as well.

Still gotta give the third one a shot at some point I guess.

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Most likely Gamestop just having some fun before they're buried under Batttletoads pre-orders this E3.