• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today, GameStop reveals the top 10 most sought-after videogames coming out of E3 based on the number of customer pre-orders from the world's largest videogame retailer. With more than 200 title announcements at E3 last week, the gaming community has spoken on what their top 2019 E3 videogames choices are, and there maybe a few surprises.

the full list from Gamestop themselves
  1. Call of Duty Modern Warfare (10-25-19)
  2. Pokemon Sword/Shield (11-15-19)
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake (3-3-20)
  4. Cyberpunk 2077 (4-16-20)
  5. Borderlands 3 (9-13-19)
  6. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) (9-20-19)
  7. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (11-15-19)
  8. Gears 5 (9-6-19)
  9. Super Mario Maker 2 (6-28-19)
  10. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled (6-21-19)
not many surprises, except Crash, I think

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm slightly surprised to see COD at the top given that they didn't show anything new and we've seen nothing of the MP yet.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Is that total preorders or just the ones made after/during E3?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
  1. Cyberpunk 2077 (4-16-20)
Cyberpunk_.gif

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Little Link's Awakening doing so good and beating massive games like Star Wars, Mario Maker and Gears is so heartwarming :^)

I hope the game does super well

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Hmm. I say this so many times but I'm literally always surprised when I see cod on top of these things. Who is buying cod still? I've never heard anyone ever mention it in forever, even from friends who used to play the games all the time

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
I would guess GameStop is still weirdly one of the best gauges for mainstream taste when it comes to pre-ordering, I don't really expect enthusiast to leave their house to pre-order.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty still regularly ends up pulling in some of the biggest revenue every year with their releases so I'm not too surprised to see it peaking the charts.

I guess Pokémon may come as a bit of a surprise since for a while it really seemed like the National Dex news kinda seemed to make a lot more waves outside of the niche market. Then again, it's still Pokémon, so....

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
it sounds dumb but cyberpunk not being number 1 worries me a litte, that game needs to sell like crazy, i want a sequel, i want dlc, i want other studios to make similiar games in that setting etc

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I mean I'm not surprised. The mainstream go to GameStop to buy Call of Duty. Pokemon, and Grand Theft Auto V. And anytime I've ever been in there they're always pushing pre-orders for Call of Duty and Pokemon. I'm the one guy that actually pre-orders a niche game like the upcoming Judgement.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Gears 5 on the list despite XB not showing it off to it's full potential at the conference.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Call of Duty still regularly ends up pulling in some of the biggest revenue every year with their releases so I'm not too surprised to see it peaking the charts.

I guess Pokémon may come as a bit of a surprise since for a while it really seemed like the National Dex news kinda seemed to make a lot more waves outside of the niche market. Then again, it's still Pokémon, so....
Pokémon Home opens in 2020 with no date. At least there are two months when people will not even notice the difference.

A lot of people will have played, completed and abandoned the game for when Pokémon Home launchs.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if CDPR would've shown the gameplay demo during E3 along with Keanu Reeves surprise would Cyberpunk would've been higher on that list. 4th place is nothing to scoff at in this case when Cyberpunk is going up against heavyweights like Call of Duty and Pokémon for pre order numbers.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
'If you kill that brown baby our game will run an algorithm to determine whether it was intentional or accidental.... '

Guess the MP is going to be decent enough esp. if they introduce some BR variant.

Seeing C2077 up there is interesting. Dat Keanu halo is doing its job.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Home opens in 2020 with no date. At least there are two months when people will not even notice the difference.

A lot of people will have played, completed and abandoned the game for when Pokémon Home launchs.
Very true, and I forgot about that. I suppose the worst thing that will happen post-Home would be that the game's legs may not be as strong if the negative word of mouth retakes hold, but I sorta have my doubts it's gonna matter much in the long run outside of people just not buying a Home subscription. At the end of the day it's still Pokémon.

Nov 1, 2017
They'd have to do a successive amount of fucks up at this point for CoD to be stopped.

Of course if they keep trying to extort money from their play base that already bought the game it might somewhat revolt.