• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
ytMD6SW.png

No guarantee that you'll get one, but every chance counts! Heads up if you're a Pro Member

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be GameStop if they didn't force you into an expensive bundle with at least one piece of utter bullshit.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
The gamestop bundles are actually GOOD for a new console launch.

Everyone tends to avoid the pricey bundles and gives others a chance to buy one. You are better off paying for it and selling the accessories or games asap.

After launch? Maybe not unless they are high in demand which PS5s are. May as well pull three trigger.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
From what I've seen, the bundles are either extra controllers or games you were going to get anyway.

If they only included marquee games, sure. But having to pay full price for Destruction All-Stars to get a PS5 is nuts. Even with Sackboy – that game has a very specific genre appeal. It's not something most in the market for a PS5 would buy otherwise, which is why it's there.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
At this point ending up with an extra game you might not have gotten otherwise seems worth it if it means actually getting a PS5 at retail price.

I was lucky enough to get one day

Last edited:

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
So is it like Playstation Direct where it's random and if you don't get the email (invite), you don't get early access?

I'm a Pro member, haven't gotten an email. And it's less than an hour away.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Wouldn't be GameStop if they didn't force you into an expensive bundle with at least one piece of utter bullshit.

I got the digital bundle from them at launch, and honestly was pretty happy with it. 2nd controller, charging stand, a year of PS+, $50 PSN card. Honestly all stuff I would've bought anyway

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
At EB Games in Canada, I asked for a gift receipt for the extra controller I was forced to buy with a Series X bundle. I then proceeded to use that gift receipt to exchange the controller a week later for a new PS5 game. YMMV

OP
OP
eKongDiddy

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
So is it like Playstation Direct where it's random and if you don't get the email (invite), you don't get early access?

I'm a Pro member, haven't gotten an email. And it's less than an hour away.

No idea how it works, but I would sign in at the time to see if it's there for you, anyways! Seems like the emails have been random. I got mine at 8am this morning.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I got the digital bundle from them at launch, and honestly was pretty happy with it. 2nd controller, charging stand, a year of PS+, $50 PSN card. Honestly all stuff I would've bought anyway

To be fair, it's tough to shovel physical games no one wants onto DE buyers, but that isn't too bad. And I did grab a Switch bundle from them that included BOTW + Season Pass and a Pro Controller. But those feel like outliers. The other 4-5 available Switch bundles all included expensive collectors items or very bad games @ full price.

But hey, better than a scalper I suppose.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
Tried to log in then page would go to my account page repast link logs me out big useless fucking circle

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I honestly don't understand how this happens. Oh well, back to waiting for more stock, haha.

The digital deal looked nice. Full year of PS+, $50 PSN card, $20 GameStop card, and 2 controllers.

I'd imagine at this point, the bots are just set up to grab whatever because having any of them is worth it to resell. But like, there was literally no way to even try. They went from not there to sold out in the span of a .5 second refresh. Insane.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I wonder how many Pro accounts they sold just for them to not even have a chance.

Edit: Oh wait, you needed to be pro already to get the email? Disregard.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
I got the email earlier. I was able to order to one right now.

I...got...it....and im not even sure I still want it...jesus

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's crap, I'm a Pro member, but never got the email. And when I try to add to cart, it says "Pro Early Access - Please keep checking" and then greys out.

Did everyone else get the email?

OP
OP
eKongDiddy

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Holy shit, I got one of the digital editions!

Well that's crap, I'm a Pro member, but never got the email. And when I try to add to cart, it says "Pro Early Access - Please keep checking" and then greys out.

Did everyone else get the email?

I just kept refreshing and adding to cart. It finally went through and I got my confirmation on the order!

Correct, it was showing as sold out for me and wouldnt let me add to cart, until just a few minutes ago.

Yep, just got mine! Now to go trade in this PS4, haha

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I let my pro membership expire last year. Haven't gone to get a game in person since the pandemic started, so saw no need.

Hope this let's people get some PS5s that want it! Lol at the bundles though. If I had to choose I'd go for the one with the gift cards, as I got Destruction All Stars when it was offered on PS+. Edit: Scratch that, that's the digital console. Heck no.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

That is how I got my PS5 on release day from Gamestop. ;) In my city they had this special offer to be guaranteed a PS5 on release day, but you had to preorder two PS5 games with it, no matter what PS5 games. Fortunately, when I was standing there pondering if that was worth the extra money, the GS employee told me to not sweat it. That I could just preorder any announced PS5 game, even if it didn't have a release date set and I could always change my preorder to another game in the meantime. So that's what I did. With Kena, in August, I will get my second preordered game.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
All things considered, Ratchet and Spider-Man together is pretty good as far as bundles go. Will just make sure to get rid of Destruction All Stars asap

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Don't worry, you can just trade Sackboy and Destruction All Stars back to them for a fraction of the price....

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm just a poster here on an internet forum, but as someone who is (begrudgingly) a Pro Member, if anyone is looking to get a PS5 bundle, I can assist.

Only one person though, and from the looks of it, it'll have to be quick. LOL

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Just finally went through. Went with an extra game and gift card I didn't want (although can easily use the gift card), but otherwise I would have gotten everything in the bundle.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I got the Spider-man, Ratchet & Clank and Destruction All-Stars bundle with 2 controllers and $40 gift card.

The only thing I really didn't want was Destruction All-Stars. Everything else I would have gotten eventually.

With these bundles, are the games and controllers sent in their own retail boxes (besides the one controller with the system)? I hope so.

Edit: Well, wouldn't have bought the gift card, but can use that easily.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida