• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
The 99%, if well organized, can bring down the entire system. This just shows how that system can be exploited and turned around.
this! And the fact that the 1% is trying to put a top on people who vastly outnumber them isfucking hilarious! Eventually, the top won't work & the 99% will come for the 1 if they don't stop. They better fucking learn soon over later, because it wont end well for them if they don't.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
The 99%, if well organized, can bring down the entire system. This just shows how that system can be exploited and turned around.

Maybe from now on hedge funds stop shorting everything so hard, or they'll meet the same fate by the same peeps.

I've been thinking a lot about David Graeber as I've been following this, and I think he'd be very proud to see people weaponize the system that's been used against them in this way.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow, that was an effective scare tactic. Stock is dropping hard right now. Hopefully people are holding enough to not let this be the end. Excited to see what's next.
Robin Hood might be done for with this move - don't think people will forget that if they don't open back up soon.

Edit: How are all these apps closing down trades?

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think the move by Robinhood and others will embolden a lot of the big guys to go very hard on the other brokers

Robinhood made it easier for everyone, but the mindset is still there

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
Well this is definitely an interesting development, I thought things might wound down last night after the sub Reddit went private but this move ensures a prolonged fight

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That's their move - block the apps and manipulate the pre-markets to scare people off. It's gotta be.
Combined with them doubling down on the shorts, they are confident that this is gonna work.
Otherwise the next stop is politics.

This is the moment, people. Hold*

*Not a financial adviser and slowly believing in the hype.

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The interesting part is that most people think this is driven by WSB. The HF are eating like crazy here.

Y'all really think the amount of flow here is retail? Its all HF eating. They also can exit after hours.

The short guys got killed but there are way more HF out there. This is institution driven leveraging the retail. It's why the MM keep writing the options.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that was an effective scare tactic. Stock is dropping hard right now. Hopefully people are holding enough to not let this be the end. Excited to see what's next.
Robin Hood might be done for with this move - don't think people will forget that if they don't open back up soon.

Edit: How are all these apps closing down trades?
Given the extremely heavy load and deluge of new users they may have been screwed either way. I imagine RH couldn't guarantee that they would be stable and figured it was better to be in a situation where their users could sell what they have safely rather than having everything fall apart under heavy load and having users get stuck with worthless shares they couldn't sell in time for technical reasons. As far as they're concerned it's better for their users to have theoretical losses rather than actual losses

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would get out if I were you, the rules have changed now and you aren't playing with the same rules you were just a few days ago that's going to keep pressure on the share price

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's their move - block the apps and manipulate the pre-markets to scare people off. It's gotta be.
Combined with them doubling down on the shorts, they are confident that this is gonna work.
Otherwise the next stop is politics.

This is the moment, people. Hold*

*Not a financial adviser and slowly believing in the hype.

RH likely got a call from the SEC focusing in on their risk management and ISDA requirements. They are incredibly lax vs what is required.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
0PIkLp7.jpg