• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
So the squeeze is still going on, and Gamestop stock is flirting with $50/share today. Pretty crazy considering how low it was just a few months ago.

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
I bought $2000 worth of GME back in March.

Not really sure if I should sell now or hold on.

gme.png
This must have become over 20k wow

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol what if it went up because of that reddit thread about changing them into PC hardware oriented stores but it was all BS?

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
Not going to lie I bought some stock a few months ago when it was low as a gamble and this has turned out great for me. Basically paid off my next gen consoles.

OP
OP
faint

faint

Oct 27, 2017
Despite being the OP I have not had a stake in GameStop since August (sold at 50% gains like a dummy). For anyone with holdings, I'd recommend holding through this as tempting as it may be to sell. With no more shares available for shorting, the real squeeze could send this over $100 very soon. Set MULTIPLE stop orders at a price you are willing to sell at to be safe. Do NOT set all-or-none trades as those are not guaranteed to go through.

Godspeed.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite being the OP I have not had a stake in GameStop since August (sold at 50% gains like a dummy). For anyone with holdings, I'd recommend holding through this as tempting as it may be to sell. With no more shares available for shorting, the real squeeze could send this over $100 very soon. Set MULTIPLE stop orders at a price you are willing to sell at to be safe. Do NOT set all-or-none trades as those are not guaranteed to go through.

Godspeed.
Lol GameStop is going to be worth more now than it was before digital games even existed? I hate this market

iori9999

Dec 8, 2017
New gen and transitioning to E-Commerce has helped their stock immensely. Along with overperforming expectations over the holidays.

Man, stocks scare the shit out of me. Never invested before. Total layman here. You turned $2000 into $18,000 in....less than a year? Wtf.

Buying regular stocks isn't that scary, it's predicting and buying options. That's where you hear about those crazy r/Wallstreetbets stories.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
GameStop should do a stock offering right now to raise a few billion $ they would be dumb not to

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Lol wow. I was going to buy some GME last week when the price rocketed to 30+, but I figured I missed the boat and was going to drop hard. Now it's 60+. I suck.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen people say they quit their jobs to trade stocks and they are still going up

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. Another opportunity I missed out on. How are y'all staying in the loop with some of these stocks?

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017

If you would have posted that you bought Gamestop stock months ago on this enthusiast site, you would have been laughed at to death in here. They probably would have told you the Gamestop would have been dead by now, lol.

It just goes to show that no one knows the path a company will take no matter how much they rage, how much they thumb their nose, companies will usually go in the direction opposite speculation. Since stocks are rising I promise people will now tell you, "It's going to tank in a few weeks, or a month, etc.."

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's going to go from 50 to 100 in a single day because why not, companies aren't valued by thier bank accounts or earnings anymore so anything can worth as much as you want it to be

Might as well send it's stock price to 1,000 2,000 etc

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna buy some last week after the news about the pc builder possiblity... Fucking hell I'm stupid.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I'm holding still holding, got in at $4.00. My only regret is that I didn't buy more. Oh well, at least its better than none.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
This is just amazing to see. Buying stocks when Gamestop was at it lowest, depending on how many shares you buy, is a fucking gut check indeed. Lol. Everything and everyone goes against the reasoning for doing it, but you stick with it, and look what happens.

This is just like when people scoffed at me for buying BitCoin at $3400 a coin last year after it surged, and then dropped like a rock. Now that was a fucking gut check.