• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Just got an email saying my PS5 bundle is now delayed. I know this is some high level kvetching, but for some the only way to get a ps5 was to suck it up and get a bundle, a bundle that gives gamestop a higher profit margin for sure. I'm hoping this is some sort of automated response to a manufacturer delay and they will address, if not, I hope some blogs write it up, because it's really shitty.
edit: so proud i didn't say gamespot by accident

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
Arent these GameStop bundles and not Sony's official ones? Shouldn't it be as simple as just removing the game from the bundle?

Oct 25, 2017
No
Edit: I dunno why the preview text says that

www.resetera.com

PlayStation 5 - Pre-Order |OT2| Play Has Limits (See Threadmark For Preorder Tips)

I just got an email from Gamestop saying my bundle has been delayed. However I chatted with Gamestop Customer Service and they said this: "Thank you for your question. I´m truly sorry for all the confusion that this email could have caused to you. Let me tell you that only Destruction AllStars...

"
I just got an email from Gamestop saying my bundle has been delayed. However I chatted with Gamestop Customer Service and they said this:

"Thank you for your question. I´m truly sorry for all the confusion that this email could have caused to you. Let me tell you that only Destruction AllStars was delayed until next year. Please rest assured that the rest of the order will be fulfilled as promised and you will receive it on time on Nov 12th."

I should receive my console at launch. I am curious if they just send me the game when it is released or they substitute with something else."

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't someone post about this in the pre-order thread saying that they chatted GS CS after receiving this email and the representative claimed that the console would ship on time?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Inglorious Man in the PS5 Pre-Order thread posted this regarding that supposed delay.

just got an email from Gamestop saying my bundle has been delayed. However I chatted with Gamestop Customer Service and they said this:

"Thank you for your question. I´m truly sorry for all the confusion that this email could have caused to you. Let me tell you that only Destruction AllStars was delayed until next year. Please rest assured that the rest of the order will be fulfilled as promised and you will receive it on time on Nov 12th."

I should receive my console at launch. I am curious if they just send me the game when it is released or they substitute with something else.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
the bundles aren't al la carte, they are forced
That's what I'm saying though. It's not like how Killzone came with some PS4s within that actual box.

Doesn't GameStop just lump stuff together and are like "THIS IS A BUNDLE!". It doesn't actually come inside of the PS5 box, meaning you should be able to get the console.

Nov 21, 2017
This sucks for people who bought this bundle but Gamestop should have just replaced Destruction All Stars with a $70 Gift card instead of delaying the bundle.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else chat with gamestop CS cuz one anecdote from a potentially clueless customer service rep don't mean shit.

Wakka212

Oct 30, 2017
No

www.resetera.com

PlayStation 5 - Pre-Order |OT2| Play Has Limits (See Threadmark For Preorder Tips)

I just got an email from Gamestop saying my bundle has been delayed. However I chatted with Gamestop Customer Service and they said this: "Thank you for your question. I´m truly sorry for all the confusion that this email could have caused to you. Let me tell you that only Destruction AllStars...

"
I just got an email from Gamestop saying my bundle has been delayed. However I chatted with Gamestop Customer Service and they said this:

I should receive my console at launch. I am curious if they just send me the game when it is released or they substitute with something else."

I called and asked ... We will get destruction all stars in Feb. Really sucks we likely can't change it.

OP
OP
xir

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
No

www.resetera.com

"

ok sorry for going off the rails, actually talking to them is the right and appropriate call, sorry, felt thread worthy

This sucks for people who bought this bundle but Gamestop should have just replaced Destruction All Stars with a $70 Gift card instead of delaying the bundle.

thouygh this is a valid point too

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
They will fill your order partially I got my stranger statue for Destiny 2 beyond light on the original launch day and the game itself is shipping in November.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm sure they'll see mass cancellations, cancel sales of the bundle once barely anyone has it preordered and use the PS5 stock to make up some other over-priced bundle so... all's well that ends well?

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
One of my friends got this email while he was streaming last night. He called customer service and they also told him that it was just the game being delayed not the entire PS5 bundle.

Sep 7, 2020
Yeah, I received the email too. So does this mean the bundle is now $60-70 less?

Edit: My bad, I see the updated thread title. Nice.

Last edited:

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Glad I cancelled my bundle.
A $70 gift card? GS should adjust the price instead.

Mr.Vic20

Oct 31, 2017
I used the online chat client through the site and was informed by "Marc" that only Destruction All-Stars is delayed and that I would be receiving my launch PS5 and the rest of their terrible bundle.