• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Just got this message in my email
gamestopprorewards.jpg

gamestopprorewards2.jpg

EDIT: Apparently they've done this before, and unfortunately, the coupons don't stack
More specfically, GameStop will be discontinuing the current 10% off of pre-owned games and accessories perk that is granted to current Pro members. Meanwhile, in its place, the company is now offering $5 reward certificates every month. However, each certificate is only good for that month. In other words, they don't roll over and aren't stackable.

Last edited:

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I have an old Elite membership, presumably that got rolled into Pro and I get this. Neat.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I signed up for this last month, mostly for the Game Informer subscription. Not sure if I'll actually use these coupons, but it's nice at least I guess.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Am I mis-remembering or did they not announce this before? It sounds familiar but the catch was you couldn't stack the coupons, they expired each month.

Malakai

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like that they removed the 10 percent discount of off used game and the buy two get one free coupon upon sign up.

Aug 12, 2019
Aren't they like cutting the discount on used games with this too?

Because if so, Gamestop can really kiss my ass at this point. I've scavenged about all the Vita, DS, and 3DS titles I can from them anyway as those sections have been reduced to barely half a shelf (as the stores have also reduced to barely half games in the first place...)

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
8cToLBM.png

They expire at the end of each month obviously. The $5 signup coupon worked on $10 eshop credit for me, making it $5. (i haven't tried with my Jan coupon yet)

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
So can you place a preorder, use the $5 monthly credit in increments to the preorder and then move the credit around? I don't think they give cash back from preorders based of gift cards but maybe that'll be a way to preserve it all....

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
So can you place a preorder, use the $5 monthly credit in increments to the preorder and then move the credit around? I don't think they give cash back from preorders based of gift cards but maybe that'll be a way to preserve it all....
They can't be applied to pre-orders. It has to be a purchase of something in-stock and in-store.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Does the military discount work on psn cards and such?
Nope.

"Available only in-store, the new military discount program does not include new video game hardware platforms, digital currency of any type, point-of-sale-activation cards, or any other type of gift cards. Additionally, the discount does not apply to sales, clearance or any other GameStop promotional items."

Xena

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the reply! I was hoping to get these cards with the discount on top of it lol

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have the hate boner for GameStop that many do, but I can't see myself bothering to resub sadly. I enjoyed that discount and used it quite a bit.

woodypop

Oct 27, 2017
I might actually make better use of this. Is there a minimum purchase amount to use a $5 Reward Certificate?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If they're getting rid of the preowned discount, I'm not keeping my membership after it expires. What a damn bummer. That thing is useful for getting games for cheaper.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Pro Membership

This is hands down a worse deal if you regularly shop at Gamestop. The 10% off used games pays for itself if you buy 3 recent games there a year and many people buy a lot more then that (people who actively shop there anyway). The 5$ monthly thing is good that it works on more then used games but many other retailers generally sell new games under 60$ anyway. The fact that the coupon only works in the month you get it is just awful, many people will easily forget about them.

Boy am I glad I don't work there anymore, I'll be shocked if Subs don't start plummeting and they use this as an excuse to close Game Informer.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Was told this today when I used some gift cards on PSN/eShop currency. They said this was good for those currency cards, so you can get $5 off of a card each month if you're so inclined to do that. Seems solid for that.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
For $20/yr. this seems like it's could be a good deal depending on your spending habits, especially on top of the already-in-place discounts for members on used games.
Was told this today when I used some gift cards on PSN/eShop currency. They said this was good for those currency cards, so you can get $5 off of a card each month if you're so inclined to do that. Seems solid for that.
Oh dang hang on, that's unambiguously good .

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
That seems like something they can and probably will change. I assume they want you to spend money on the legion of backstock they have and not on digital cards.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
After this holiday season I won't be shopping at GS anymore. It was a nice run but it had to come to an end sometime.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
If you can use them on $10 currency cards, then for a $20 membership, you could get $120 of currency for a total of $80. That's 33% off, which is a better deal than you can find anywhere else. I personally don't know if it's worth the hassle and it feels like the kind of thing they might change. Can these coupons be used online?

Oct 27, 2017
I've found that in recent years I really don't buy used games. Not by choice but usually I buy newer games released in the last year or so during discounts

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Can anyone confirm if the $5 certificate will work on PSN cards?

I have some PSN purchases I want to make and some trade-in credit already with Gamestop. Figure if I can use the $5 certificate a PSN card, I'll be able to make back the annual cost pretty quickly. Then after I exhaust my credit, I can begin to move into a more digital future and leave Gamestop behind permanently.