• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's good to hear. I think the successful launches of Switch and One X indicate there is still a market for premium dedicated gaming devices.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I was able to get one at GS without a preorder on launch day, but that was at opening for a mall location without a midnight launch

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're in the US and are looking for an X, the Scorpio Edition is available on Amazon right now. The standard SKU can be ordered also, but it won't be ready to ship until the 12th.

Edit - The standard SKU is available to purchase on GS's online site as well.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
This should be expected, if its not constantly sold out during the holiday season then that is a really terrible sign for the system.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I would think it goes on to sell better than Pro since it's a better investment for Xbox users than the Pro was for PS users. It's also the more powerful of the two so it gives multi-platform owners a better incentive to buy.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Great news, I was worried for the XBX for some reason. 2018 and on will be huge for MS, lets hope they kill it!

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Got mine there without a preorder on launch but they didn't open at midnight and the next guy there was buying the last one when I left at 12:30 so they were gone quick.

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
Meanwhile in the UK at my local Game store

GAME Basildon‏ @GAMEBasildon 14m14 minutes ago
Come sit in my #GAME of thrones! We have some spare #XboxOneX in stock now! Signing up for the awesome Elite card nets you even more rewards, plus if your trading in your console you get 25% extra ;)

DOMo0mMWAAAwRDQ.jpg

I just can't justify another system in the house when ideally I'd like a Switch for the portable side. (Already own a Pro and gaming laptop)

Things certainly are different over the over side of the world.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised with how many of my friends bought one. Since they basically only play Fifa and Battlefield I thought they wouldn't bhoter, I was wrong.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This should be expected, if its not constantly sold out during the holiday season then that is a really terrible sign for the system.

Well, it's currently readily available, at least in NA.

Either MS produced a ton of consoles or it's not doing huge numbers. It's possible demand will ramp up in the coming weeks though.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
So many systems competing for the same dollar.

Black Friday is going to be interesting.

I think Sony is going to come out ahead on Black Friday because they will have the most units and for the people who can't find a Switch or XBOX I bet they are going to settle for a PS4.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Are you doing a bit? Cause if so it's awesome.
Always good to see consoles have life breathed into them.
Hmm, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
Meanwhile in the UK at my local Game store

I just can't justify another system in the house when ideally I'd like a Switch for the portable side. (Already own a Pro and gaming laptop)

Things certainly are different over the over side of the world.
Haha, is that you?

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expected, it's the console Xbox fans have been waiting for. Hope it does well, rising tide lifts all ships and such.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Gamestop Germany didn't get many units. My order was cancelled, due to MS not being able to provide the number that they promised. That's at least what I was told by the employee.

They also have no waiting lists yet, because they don't know when the next shipment will be. Heard and read tthatMS will have the next shipment in late November, at least for Amazon UK or something. Hope it's the same for other retailers.

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
So many systems competing for the same dollar.

Black Friday is going to be interesting.

I think Sony is going to come out ahead on Black Friday because they will have the most units and for the people who can't find a Switch or XBOX I bet they are going to settle for a PS4.

I don't think so really, those purchasing an XBX most likely already have the XBO so I can't see them shifting to another platform just for 4K same stance for the Switch really (two totally different consoles)

IF Sony comes out on top it will be because more people wanted it. I just think if Nintendo can sort out their stock levels they will win BF and the Christmas periods.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Haha, is that you?

Nah, just saw it come up on my Twitter feed :)

Foxshot

Nov 5, 2017
Gamestop Germany didn't get many units. My order was cancelled, due to MS not being able to provide the number that they promised. That's at least what I was told by the employee.

They also have no waiting lists yet, because they don't know when the next shipment will be. Heard and read tthatMS will have the next shipment in late November, at least for Amazon UK or something. Hope it's the same for other retailers.

It starting to look like their have no faith in their product or it's pricing.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If we dont know the shipment amounts than its not saying much. Hopefully it was a substantial amount and ppl are picking them up like hot cakes. This is good for the industry as a whole and i dont mind mid life console refreshes.

Paronth

Oct 25, 2017
I would think it goes on to sell better than Pro since it's a better investment for Xbox users than the Pro was for PS users. It's also the more powerful of the two so it gives multi-platform owners a better incentive to buy.

Indeed, Xbox One S sold better than PS4 slim in US and UK during the first months with most people who upgraded their OG Xbox One, I can see the same thing happened with the X.

Oct 26, 2017
Essex
Indeed, Xbox One S sold better than PS4 slim in US and UK during the first months with most people who upgraded their OG Xbox One, I can see the same thing happened with the X.

The 'S' brought more to the party though, it brought a UHD drive / HDR and also higher clock speeds for some slight improvements. The Slim PS4 brought nothing other than the removal of the optical out lol

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Good for Microsoft!

Seems like there were no shortages in the U.S. since they aren't sold out yet.

Oct 25, 2017

We shall see, but this is a $500 console.

Black Friday will see the One S and the Slim at $190-$200.

I think the X will do well, but there is no way it's outselling $200 consoles.

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
My 2 area GS were sold out on Tuesday; I had to go to Target, where I bought the last of their allotment (3).

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to what their PR says about the launch.

Because in this day and age, a new console selling out of initial shipments is unremarkable.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
"The real test is a few months from now" is like "THE" NPD quote. Now I'm just waiting for someone to say, "Next months NPD will be very interesting".
Ah well, I'm sorry for the confusion lol, it just will be interesting to see how the system will hold up in 2018, strong initial sales was always a given.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so really, those purchasing an XBX most likely already have the XBO so I can't see them shifting to another platform just for 4K same stance for the Switch really (two totally different consoles)

IF Sony comes out on top it will be because more people wanted it. I just think if Nintendo can sort out their stock levels they will win BF and the Christmas periods.

Nah, just saw it come up on my Twitter feed :)
You might be right.

I certainly would not settle for something other than what I wanted but I was assuming that people will be reacting irrationally and just grabbing whatever they could get their dirty hands on.

Saikar

Nov 3, 2017
I find the interest baffling, but our industry having high sales will never be a bad thing.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations to team X. I hope this is the shot in the arm they deserve for the lackluster last 3, 4 years they've had with the base Xbox 1.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because in this day and age, a new console selling out of initial shipments is unremarkable.

But it hasn't even managed that (the system is readily available at Amazon, GameStop, Target, and Wal-Mart, to name a few...sold out at Best Buy currently), which is why I'm really curious as to how many systems MS was able to produce.

Looks like it's readily available everywhere else.

It's readily available at GameStop as well.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's currently readily available, at least in NA.

Either MS produced a ton of consoles or it's not doing huge numbers. It's possible demand will ramp up in the coming weeks though.
It is? So like I could actually go find a store in my area and buy one? That actually isn't a good sign unless like you said they made a crapton.

Yeah I'll be really curious if Microsoft reveals sales numbers for this thing, if it actually is doing well then I expect them to be promoting that with real numbers as much as possible this holiday season, if they use shipped or combing them with normal Xbox One sales then yeah that doesn't look good at all.

Silence

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Actually, the good news is Microsoft seems to have shipped enough to meet demand. If you want one, it seems you can find one, and that's great. I'm loving my X, and I agree with comments that it feels like a generational leap. Photos of a stack of consoles, like that's a bad thing, were dumb when the PS4 Pro came out, and they're dumb now.

Edit: spelling