• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sooperkool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So,

I'm not sure where to post this. Mods, please move it if you deem so. This happened locally to me and I don't have any more data about it right now but some guy bought Fallout 76 , didn't like it and tried to return it and well...here's the aftermath:

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Do we know that it was actually because the person didn't like Fallout 76? Because that sounded more like a joke to me.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
lol @ the untouched red dead 2 display. Is there anymore context to this? Was this some irate customer in the store during business hours or what?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Lololol. He left a few racks still standing.

Was this the PC version or something? I mean I know they won't take opened games back, no matter what system, but if they saw how upset he was they could have made an exception for the console version. If it's the pc version, your sol no mater what.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, trashing that shop will surely teach those horrible game devs a lesson!

Fuck, some people are just hopeless. Entitlement taken to the extreme coupled with being a fucking psycho. Hope someone trashes his house in return

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamestops return policy is shit / non existent. They wont take anything back. Its maybe why so many game devs feel ok launching such incomplete crap these days. If you spent $60 on a toaster and that shit didnt work you would get a refund and its idiotic games are treated differently

However, this dude needed to chill the fuck out.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Imagine throwing a temper tantrum at a chain shop like this, knowing full well there are rules that employees need to follow or else be fired.
Naturally it'd be just as unacceptable at a mom&pop store too, but it's doubly ridiculous when the people you should be mad at are nowhere near that store.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Lololol. He left a few racks still standing.

Was this the PC version or something? I mean I know they won't take opened games back, no matter what system, but if they saw how upset he was they could have made an exception for the console version. If it's the pc version, your sol no mater what.
Nah, you don't make an exception for someone with that attitude.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea what the policy is like now, but I worked at a Gamestop a little over a decade ago. If someone was this livid about a new release being terrible, I'd just return it for store credit and tell em its a one-off. Store loses about $2 and we hopefully retain a customer, but of course I doubt most Gamestop managers would go this far to help anyone.

Doesn't excuse this type of behavior from the customer though. I did once have a kid knock down that big rack of prepaid online cards in anger, but his mom beat his ass in the store so it was worth the mess. Gamers are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.