• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Nothing else that really needs to be said here, this is fucking disgusting

Link is in the spoiler tag if you want to see it, but basically it's the infamous "Falling Man" picture, but with an astronaut helmet on

And I thought crypto/nft bros couldnt sink any lower

nft.gamestop.com

GameStop NFT

Power to the players

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
When the store opened up, I went to their registration page, just for a lark. I didn't use my real e-mail address so I don't know for sure if they allowed me to register, but it seemed like they were vetting creators; like, they have fields where I had to explain what I was going to make, what interested me in NFTs, and so on.

At any rate, I can't say that I'm surprised that an NFT creator can stoop so low when NFTs, at least in their existing nature, are so fundamentally immoral. They exist entirely for the techbro libertarian agenda.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
"One can never scoop too low to pick up some money stuck in a steaming pile of shit."

- Cryptocapitalist

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it's altered with a helmet on. Pretty sickening

Right, it's an "astronaut." I'm waiting for the Napalm Girl with Gas Mask. I'm certainly not surprised it's being packaged and sold, but I would have expected Gamestop to monitor and have say over their marketplace. Maybe they do, and they don't care. I don't know.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the 'artist' in questions submitted NFT's, they posted what look like a whole lot of AI generated pieces.
Its someone with no fucking conscience just trying to scam everyone.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I saw that earlier and thought "There's no fucking way". But there it is on their own website.

Like, come on. You're already selling NFT's, why are you trying to be extra evil?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting a 403 error when trying to click the link. Did Gamestop already pull this one from the store?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm reading this correctly. This has two editions, one of which is $150,000. He's already sold 20 of them for $30?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't tweeted in years, but I'm "sharing" this and retweeting Gamestop to say how disgusting it is.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting. People are fucking fools for even entertaining the thought of buying this.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
What a fucking shit show. Fuck everything, every company that is involved in NFTs

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
No idea why people still want this company to survive, even if it's for personal benefit of saving a few bucks on trade-ins.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm normally okay with art borrowing familiar uncomfortable imagery, even if it could be considered distasteful, if it's to make a point of some kind.

There's no point to this, though. It's just someone co-opting a striking image for cash, with no message beyond "I am bereft of imagination and want money."