• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
www.gameswirtschaft.de

Gamescom 2022: Nintendo sagt ab - GamesWirtschaft.de

Die Gamescom 2022 findet ohne Nintendo statt: Der japanische Videospiele-Hersteller wird nicht an der Messe teilnehmen.

Google translated English:

In response to a GamesWirtschaft request, the Frankfurt headquarters of Nintendo of Europe reported:

"Gamescom is a key event in the event calendar for Nintendo. This year, however, after careful consideration, we decided against participating in Cologne.

Instead, players can try out the games for Nintendo Switch at numerous Germany-wide events. Events that have been planned so far include road shows with our Airstreamer and our Bulli, for example at locations such as the SWR Summer Festival and the Stuttgart Children and Youth Festival. For the Japan and video game fans, we have decided to take part in the Main Matsuri Japan Festival in Frankfurt as well as the DoKomi in Düsseldorf and the AnimagiC in Mannheim. More tour stops and activities are planned.

We look forward to seeing our fans again at many regional events."

Seem to be focusing on more regional events.

Taleboules

Community Manager at Light Brick Studio
Verified
Jun 11, 2021
OP
OP
Rowsdower

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sounds more like Nintendo Germany will not attend Gamescom as a local event. Nintendo will probably be present in the aisles to meet indies, publishers, etc.

Should I change the title to Nintendo of Europe won't attend? I'm not sure how it works with regional offices of a company, if they represent the whole company or not.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I actually plan on going this year. If Sony is out too, then I'm probably not going.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds more like Nintendo Germany will not attend Gamescom as a local event. Nintendo will probably be present in the aisles to meet indies, publishers, etc.
Should I change the title to Nintendo of Europe won't attend? I'm not sure how it works with regional offices of a company, if they represent the whole company or not.
There isn't a Nintendo Germany in that sense. If Nintendo of Europe isn't going to attend, then there will be no Gamescom presence for Nintendo (Except maybe for some announcements at Opening Night live)