• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mcjmetroid

Oct 28, 2017
Limerick, Ireland

I think GameXplain's recent investigation style videos have been great.

I would love Fatal Frame in general for Switch.

List:thanks dusteatingbug
10. Super Mario 3D World / Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
9. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Blackwater
8. Paper Mario: Color Splash
7. Tokyo Mirage Sessions
6. Pikmin 3
5. New Super Mario Brothers U
4. Pushmo World
3. The Wonderful 101
2. Wind Waker HD / Twilight Princess HD
1. Xenoblade Chronicles X

Unlikely: Thanks Phendrift
- Star Fox Zero
- Game and Wario
- Wii Party U
- Nintendo Land
- Mario Party 10
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Splatoon
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

Last edited:

RyoonZ

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Came in expecting Fatal Frame, not dissapointed. I would love complete collection from 1-5 though not just the WiiU one.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Give me Super Mario 3D world, Captain Toad, and maybe Woolly World and i have no regrets ever about selling my Wii U last week.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Would likely check out Fatal Frame if it came to the Switch. I hope Nintendo does push the series onto the Switch.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Smash is the one everyone wants (myself included!), but I also want to see Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD so their Photo Modes are no longer useless (they were tied to Miiverse :( )

dusteatingbug

Dec 1, 2017
10. Super Mario 3D World / Capitan Todd: Treasure Tracker
9. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Blackwater
7. Tokyo Mirage Sessions
6. Pikmin 3
5. New Super Mario Brothers U
4. Pushmo World
3. The Wonderful 101
2. Wind Waker HD / Twilight Princess HD

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I expect Fatal Frame 6 already entered production and will be centered around the HD rumble most likely. Maiden Of Black Water will become a reliquy of an ancient forgotten past, probably one of the most valuable if not the most valuable Wii U game ever. Already it's valued a pretty penny, in 20 years if the series is still alive for the fans it'll reach insane prices.
No way both 3D World and New Mario U make the switch imho. If I had to bet, 2D has more chances.
Zelda remakes have a chance, I would love to see them bundled with Skyward Sword HD but we know Nintendo ain't for that shit.
Out of the ones in here, the ones I hope for and expect are Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade X. Those are games to which a port makes absolutely perfect sense. For the first two games, they were a flop surely so a sequel isn't that obvious. Testing the waters with a second chance might be the best way to continue and see if it's the moment to make TMS # Xenoblade and Wonderful 102. Xeno X instead just needs to be ported along Xeno 1 HD just because they're awesome, awesome games.
Paper Mario is also imho unlikely, a new Paper Mario seems more logical (can't see Nintendo releasing two titles for the same console so close, they would cannibalize themselves, and Mario already has a lot of games).
Also Pikmin 3, unlikely since I think 4 is basically entering the factory stage at this point lol.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Lol those 10 games are like the remaining 10 good games still on wii u. Thats pretty much everything else.

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Mario Maker isn't on the list, but I guess it' entirely possible Nintendo is working on a sequel and not just a port.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would likely check out Fatal Frame if it came to the Switch, and definitely if it was a collection of sorts of the series. Would also likely get a Zelda HD bundle, Pushmo, and Wonderful 101. Would only get NSMBU if it was a collection with at least the Wii game. Xenoblade X would be cool but I just went through that game a month ago, putting over 100 hours into, so don't think I'd personally be diving into that all over again.

lolilolailo

Oct 27, 2017
I already have Project Zero/Fatal Frame and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, but I would buy them again on Switch. I want those ports and sequels for both.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
As I said before, these are pretty plausible but I hope that if these are actually re-released they fix some of the issues with the originals, particularly Fatal Frame which I've heard is pretty flawed, same for XCX (Not going to buy Color Splash no matter how much they polish that dull formula though).

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
They think the following are unlikely

- Star Fox Zero
- Game and Wario
- Wii Party U
- Nintendo Land
- Mario Party 10
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Splatoon
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

They think the following sit on the border of being a full sequel

- Super Mario Maker
- Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm Pushmo World, there's one I didn't think of.
I wonder if Kirby will be ported to the 3DS instead, wouldn't surprise me, it's months since the last 3DS Kirby game!

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
As an owner of all those titles, the ones I'd buy again are Mario 3D world and The Zelda remakes! Rooting for those

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
So which notable Wii U games didn't make it?

They highlight a few at the beginning (Splatoon, Smash 4, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World) that either have new entries already or will likely get some soon, and they also highlight a few that seemed to rely to heavily on the gamepad to really make the transition (Star Fox Zero).

...but then they also include New Super Mario Bros U, as if we won't see New Super Mario Bros Switch.

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think most of these are unlikely, or don't have necessarily a point to being ported. Like, for Paper Mario and Pushmo, it would probably be better to develop a new game. TMS and W101 are flops, and don't necessarily occupy the demand/critical reception that Bayo has. WW and TP would be easy, but I'm unsure whether it's likely to happen or is even a worthwhile investment.

I only expect XBX really, because MonolithSoft have actively talked about it.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if Twilight Princess or Wind Waker will make their way over though I wouldn't mind having Wind Wake on a handheld. I hope Xenoblade X comes to the Switch but I'm not sure if it will happen. I'm sure Nintendo and Monolith want it on there but it would require some resources to bring it over.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I really enjoyed the Fatal Frame on WIIU and a Switch version would be nice, I think those most in need of a port are Paper Mario and Tokyo Mirage, though. Both games hit the shelves when everyone was already excited for NX and they went pretty unnoticed.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that Fatal Frame makes it over. I didn't end up buying it because there wasn't a physical release in North America, but this time even if there isn't one it would be easy to play the European or Japanese release of it...

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade Chronicles X needs to happen as soon as!

fauxcalin

Dec 20, 2017
I actually think most of these are unlikely, or don't have necessarily a point to being ported. Like, for Paper Mario and Pushmo, it would probably be better to develop a new game. TMS and W101 are flops, and don't necessarily occupy the demand/critical reception that Bayo has. WW and TP would be easy, but I'm unsure whether it's likely to happen or is even a worthwhile investment.

I only expect XBX really, because MonolithSoft have actively talked about it.
My thoughts exactly in what world does Pushmo world get a port and they re-release two games that have already been re-released...the top half the list seems more likely than most of their bottom half

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Most of those seem super unlikely to me. Doubt Pikmin 3 when we know Pikmin 4 is in the making. I can't see 3D World coming at all, same with TMS as that was incredibly niche as is. Color Splash isn't something many are clamoring for, and the Zelda Remakes seen 50/50 at best. XCX, Fatal Frame, W101, and NSMB makes sense though.

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I am hoping for a Mario 3D World Switch port.

I really wanna replay this game and it would be nice, if we could have some new levels/worlds as well as new characters (like Daisy, Waluigi, Wario, Pauline etc).

But I guess I am expecting too much here...

Oct 27, 2017
Really want Tokyo Mirage Sessions to make the Switch, it deserves better than to be stranded on the Wii U. Atlus loves to do re-releases, maybe they can pester Nintendo to let them do it. Also make a sequel It was my second favorite game of 2016.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
I think Mario 3D world is a lock. 3D platformer with coop, and controls simple enough to be able to use 2 joycons and play split screen.

It just checks too many boxes. (NSMBU top, but they're probably deloping another 2D Mario and theyll need to space them.

Last edited:

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful 101 really needs a second chance. It wouldn't require much reworking to get it on the switch.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
10. Super Mario 3D World & Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
The touch screen elements could be alleviated with a gyro pointers. Blowing platforms could just become auto moving platforms that you just have to time you jumps to land on. I don't see Nintendo packing these together mind. Captain Toad is one game I'd personally rather have a sequel to - though, if they did port it, don't make the camera move all the time with gyro; that was annoying.

9. Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water
I only played the demo of this as I didn't feel the price of the LE was worth it for me - so a port could tickle my interest.

I know they said the second screen was nothing, but I rather enjoyed the use of it, even if it was minor. But, also, Color Splash without its digital manual? That would be a sorry port. Seriously, that digital manual was amazing.

7. Tokyo Mirage Sessions
If you wanted this, you should have bought it the first time. You only have yourselves to blame if Nintendo doesn't see the sales potential as worth it.

6. Pikmin 3
I rather enjoyed the use of the GamePad as map in this. Combined with the Wiimote and nunchuck and it was the ultimate Pikmin control scheme. At this point, one has to wonder if we're not better off waiting for Pikmin 4 instead, which will be designed ground up for the Switch.

5. New Super Mario Bros U + New Super Luigi U
Super Mario Maker was an offshoot of the new tools designed for the New Super Mario team, which leads me to conclude Nintendo plans to make at least one more of these. So I see them releasing a sequel for the Switch and maybe offering this on the eShop as a bonus.

4. Pushmo World
I have no idea what the life of this series is currently like, but port could be a nice bit of eShop filler.

3. Wonderful 101
See TMS.

2. Wind Waker HD & Twilight Princess HD
Wind Waker HD was originally the team getting to grips with HD and a way to get a Zelda game out there. The Switch has neither of these issues. Of course, the main Zelda team wouldn't need to work on them (heck TP HD wasn't), so they can happily work on a new Zelda game without working on porting these, but for now BotW is probably enough. Hyrule Warriors is a spinoff so doesn't compete so I have no idea why they brought that up as a point.

Of course, if they do re-release TPHD - FIX THAT ONE BED!

At least it gives them a chance to make the text bigger.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
I think Mario 3D world is a lock. 3D platformer with coop, and controls simple enough yo veo able to use 2 joycons and play split screen.

It just checks too many boxes. (NSMBU top, but they're probably deloping another 2D Mario and theyll need to space them.
What about the gamepad orientated levels though with touch and microphone inputs? Do they require you to undock the system (which would still be a hurdle with the lack of microphone) or would they just get rid of them?