• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Our tipster has stated with confidence that the first of the two Nintendo Direct's this month is coming later this week. The exact snippet of the message we received was "I can say with confidence that a direct [will] occur later this week. It may be announced as soon as tomorrow morning".

A big question from a large part of the fanbase is when will Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch come up? It's coming in one of the two Direct's in November but we can't be sure which one as of yet.

Gaming Intel also correctly predicted the last Direct in early September.

Edit: multiple ERA insiders have confirmed the Direct for this week. Reset the clock.

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
There's speculation that Nintendo Live 18 will feature the full build of Smash, so if that ends up being true a Smash Direct would be announced in the next day or two.

Oct 28, 2017
This site is good with Direct stuff, lets get ready to smash
200.gif

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It should be noted that speculation in the smash thread pretty much points to a Smash Direct coming first and actually this week. Even without this rumor.

Other one could be anything from general direct to Mario Kart Tour if this is true

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's happening. It's been rumored/hinted at by a bunch of folks. I wonder if these are both Smash directs or if one is a general direct.

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017
1. Nindies
2. Smash, please subscribe to switch online

excited for any surprises Nintendo feels like giving out

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
Is there something newsworthy on sonys side atm? Especially without PSX this year...

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to push something out November/December. Unfortunately the only thing I'm aware of that Sony has going in the news is that Pro underperforms in Red Dead Redemption 2 compared to the Xbox One X.

Although, to be fair, X018 could not meet expectations and the two Directs could simply be for the Smash launch and Nindies.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If true, the second one will be Smash, and they'll use the end of the first one to announce it and let the hype run wild.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also Mario Kart Mobile Direct is what I'm expecting for the other Direct, if true.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Nindies may be featured, but there are enough games coming out , plus presumably stuff to announce for Q1 2019 that they could fill an entire direct highlighting games coming out this fall and winter on the Switch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking sick of Smash. It better not be Smash ffs. It got like 97 hours of coverage last E3, haven't you people had enough?!

Show off Animal Crossing already you cowards.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I buy a Smash Direct, but what else does Ninty have to cover that wasn't revealed by the last Direct? There's no big releases left for this year besides Smash and Pokemon. And are they really gonna tell us even more about 2019 stuff when they're still trying to push stuff that's coming this Christmas?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so fucking sick of Smash. It better not be Smash ffs. It got like 97 hours of coverage last E3, haven't you people had enough?!

Show off Animal Crossing already you cowards.
They haven;t shown off all the characters, the big new mode (Spirits0, or detailed any of the unlockables (such as trophies). We need another Smash direct.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I buy a Smash Direct, but what else does Ninty have to cover that wasn't revealed by the last Direct? There's no big releases left for this year besides Smash and Pokemon. And are they really gonna tell us even more about 2019 stuff when they're still trying to push stuff that's coming this Christmas?
They used to have November directs. There was one in both 2014 and 2015.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Mario Kart Tour for mobile.