• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
chandoog

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
What's the easiest way to get the bloatware off of a new laptop?

Do a full format and install a fresh copy of Win 10.

You should first extract your Win 10 key from the current OS that came loaded with your computer.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/find-windows-10-product-key-3632749/

Then, I think you can simply download a win 10 ISO from the official MS help site and create a boot media:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Oct 25, 2017
So they throw out a Cyber Week, after doing Black Friday and Cyber Monday? That seems kinda stupid and ridiculous, especially since the prices are even better. Way to burn customer.

That new MSI deal is good though, better than anything they had over the holiday sales.

After the $150 rebate is factored in, this GL63 at $579 is also better than any of the BF/CM deals Newegg had on the GTX 1050 laptops, since this one comes with an SSD and HDD combo.

The laptop is nice. The 1070 Max-Q not so much. It's so TDP constrained that it averages out to around 35% slower than a regular 1070, placing it in the ballpark of the 1060's performance.
Ikr. I'm pretty salty I just dropped so much money on a laptop on the day you are supposed to get the best deals on this stuff and they put out better cheaper models the day after the biggest shopping weekend...like whyyyy. Well I returned it yesterday and waiting on the refund .

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Im rocking this refurb Dell G5 with a 1060 GB and i5-8300h and loving it.

Any suggestions for wrist rest for my "wasd" hand to rest on? This edge is digging in and killing me.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
What's the easiest way to get the bloatware off of a new laptop?
Outside of the Norton trial, there is no other "bloatware", is there? Just uninstall it.

Ikr. I'm pretty salty I just dropped so much money on a laptop on the day you are supposed to get the best deals on this stuff and they put out better cheaper models the day after the biggest shopping weekend...like whyyyy. Well I returned it yesterday and waiting on the refund .
I hope you get the better one in time.

Im rocking this refurb Dell G5 with a 1060 GB and i5-8300h and loving it.

Any suggestions for wrist rest for my "wasd" hand to rest on? This edge is digging in and killing me.
You could try something like this?

Or get a lap table or pad that changes the elevation angle?

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Outside of the Norton trial, there is no other "bloatware", is there? Just uninstall it.

I hope you get the better one in time.

You could try something like this?

Or get a lap table or pad that changes the elevation angle?

Actually that elevation idea might be best. Get a laptop fan that is elevated and bam two birds with one stone. Hadn't even thought about that. Thanks man.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
:( my gt70 is done I was hoping I could make it to Jan/Feb.

Wish it happened earlier then I would have jumped on the gt75 1080 deal newegg had. I got a ge73.

If the rtx laptops don't impress me enough I will just keep the ge73, and think about building an rtx desktop instead.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I've also been thinking about applying some liquid metal to my Alienware R3 15.
Try a super high level paste like Noctua NT-H1 before you go to that extreme.

:( my gt70 is done I was hoping I could make it to Jan/Feb.

Wish it happened earlier then I would have jumped on the gt75 1080 deal newegg had. I got a ge73.

If the rtx laptops don't impress me enough I will just keep the ge73, and think about building an rtx desktop instead.
What is wrong with the GT70?

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
What is wrong with the GT70?
heating issues, problems charging/battery, general wear and tear, also some software I use don't run properly because of the throttling happening with the charging/battery. Also recently the laptop did not recognize my external monitor not sure why.

heat and general wear and tear I can manage.

The charging what ever the issue is at the moment battery, power jack, or power brick I have had enough dealing with it and its related to the throttling which makes running software like premier/after affects a chore.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I've also been thinking about applying some liquid metal to my Alienware R3 15.

giphy.gif

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
heating issues, problems charging/battery, general wear and tear, also some software I use don't run properly because of the throttling happening with the charging/battery. Also recently the laptop did not recognize my external monitor not sure why.

heat and general wear and tear I can manage.

The charging what ever the issue is at the moment battery, power jack, or power brick I have had enough dealing with it and its related to the throttling which makes running software like premier/after affects a chore.
I had a GT70 for a few years so I'm wondering what's happening with the charging. I had an issue where the laptop would intermittently stop charging/recognizing the that it was plugged in while under load, and it ended up being that the PSU needed to be replaced. I did that and things became smooth sailing. I also replaced the battery after a couple years.

I can't say for sure it's simply the power adapter and battery in your case, but you could try buying them from Amazon to see if that solves it, and return for a refund if it doesn't do so.

The heat issue is going to be that the thermal paste needs to be replaced after all of this time. The fan and heatsink grille may need a good cleaning as well.

If you need help disassembling the laptop, let me know.

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
I've got on me a Dell G3 3579. With exchange rates the way it is, it's the best thing I could afford to get. It has this one issue that's really bugging me at the moment, though, and I'm hoping someone here might have a convenient solution for it.

Whenever I unplug the battery, any 3D game starts running super choppily, like it's running 1/10 the fps compared to when it's plugged in. It doesn't matter if I'm running it on integrated graphics or the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (Notebook) that came with the PC. I read somewhere that it might involve Nvidia's Battery Boost feature, but disabling it didn't change anything on my end.

Any idea why it functions like this? Any idea if there's a fix for it?

Oct 27, 2017
I've got on me a Dell G3 3579. With exchange rates the way it is, it's the best thing I could afford to get. It has this one issue that's really bugging me at the moment, though, and I'm hoping someone here might have a convenient solution for it.

Whenever I unplug the battery, any 3D game starts running super choppily, like it's running 1/10 the fps compared to when it's plugged in. It doesn't matter if I'm running it on integrated graphics or the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (Notebook) that came with the PC. I read somewhere that it might involve Nvidia's Battery Boost feature, but disabling it didn't change anything on my end.

Any idea why it functions like this? Any idea if there's a fix for it?
Try going to your windows power settings and select high performance and nit balanced while your power adapter plugged in the wall.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I had a GT70 for a few years so I'm wondering what's happening with the charging. I had an issue where the laptop would intermittently stop charging/recognizing the that it was plugged in while under load, and it ended up being that the PSU needed to be replaced. I did that and things became smooth sailing. I also replaced the battery after a couple years.

I can't say for sure it's simply the power adapter and battery in your case, but you could try buying them from Amazon to see if that solves it, and return for a refund if it doesn't do so.
A
If you need help disassembling the laptop, let me know.
I've tried other psu before but weaker ones, I guess it wont hurt to try a recommended one. As for batteries I have 3, I know the the first 2 is dead (original and first replacement) cant confirm if the last one I bought is dead.

I have cleaned out the fans but never the heat sinks. I have watched some vids on gt70 disassembly but if you have advice I'll take them.

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
Try going to your windows power settings and select high performance and nit balanced while your power adapter plugged in the wall.
Just set my plugged in settings to "Balanced" while setting my battery settings to "Best performance". Booted up Overwatch on my usual settings after that.

Plugged In

rcCUSql.png

Battery

tqLcozQ.png

No improvements, unfortunately.

Oct 27, 2017
No, set your plugged in to high performance. On battery I don't recommend high performance as you'll be plugging it in quickly.

Another option is to go to NVIDIA control panel and have the game only use the 1050 regardless if the laptop is plugged in or not. Last option is reduce your graphic settings in the game.

KyleH

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Does anyone have suggestions of a relatively inexpensive gaming laptop for my soon to be 8 year old son? He's mostly playing Minecraft & Roblox for now - but it also trying to build levels and learn about how things work. So, I don't need something that needs to play the latest games at high settings. Thank you!

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
No, set your plugged in to high performance. On battery I don't recommend high performance as you'll be plugging it in quickly.

Another option is to go to NVIDIA control panel and have the game only use the 1050 regardless if the laptop is plugged in or not. Last option is reduce your graphic settings in the game.

Just set it to always use the dedicated GPU, and reduced the settings for good measure. Ran about 20 fps on Overwatch's main menu.

AdiGrateles

Unfortunately dell laptops are known to throttle severely to low power on battery. You will need a 3rd party application to prevent it.

Huh, never knew that was a thing. Last laptop I had was the Dell Inspiron 15R-5521, which came with an AMD Radeon HD 7670M graphics card in 2013. It ran smoothly unplugged, so I find it baffling that the faster GPU on a newer, "gaming-focused" laptop does so much worse in that regard.

Any chance you can point me to that 3rd party app? Or is that against site guidelines?

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Just set it to always use the dedicated GPU, and reduced the settings for good measure. Ran about 20 fps on Overwatch's main menu.

Huh, never knew that was a thing. Last laptop I had was the Dell Inspiron 15R-5521, which came with an AMD Radeon HD 7670M graphics card in 2013. It ran smoothly unplugged, so I find it baffling that the faster GPU on a newer, "gaming-focused" laptop does so much worse in that regard.

Any chance you can point me to that 3rd party app? Or is that against site guidelines?
try throttlestop

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
There isn't a gaming laptop on the planet that won't downclock on the battery, because there isn't a laptop battery on the planet that can support the load of a GPU and CPU. It's a safety measure.

There are ways around it but your gaming session will be measured in minutes and your battery's lifespan will be affected.

I've tried other psu before but weaker ones, I guess it wont hurt to try a recommended one. As for batteries I have 3, I know the the first 2 is dead (original and first replacement) cant confirm if the last one I bought is dead.

I have cleaned out the fans but never the heat sinks. I have watched some vids on gt70 disassembly but if you have advice I'll take them.
You'll need a 180W PSU or it will trip and blink off and lose power under full load. Is that what you've been experiencing?

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
You'll need a 180W PSU or it will trip and blink off and lose power under full load. Is that what you've been experiencing?

Not sure, because the battery would charge and stay charged when plugged in, but sometimes if moving my laptop around and i forget to plug in it would take a long time to charge. I always thought maybe its the battery.

I got a the exact same psu that came with the gt70 coming in tomorrow.
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-9-5A-Rep...700&sr=1-3&keywords=Delta+Electronics+MSI+19V

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
Installed ThrottleStop and followed the instructions shown in this guide. Set the Speed Shift option to 0 to prioritise performance over battery life.

No changes from yesterday, unfortunately. Still getting barely over 10 fps on Overwatch unplugged. Are there any particular options I should set that could get battery performance on level with plugged-in performance?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I bought this from Sam's Club a few months ago. Would upgrading the ram provide worthwhile benefits? If so, any recommendations on what to get? I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to stuff like this. Thanks!
No. Waste. Do not do.

Yeah, I'm still trawling around to learn what other people have been experiencing with this model. Have yet to find any concrete solutions, though.
It has nothing to do with your specific model, and everything to do with the fact that no battery can provide enough power to deliver plugged in performance without killing itself.

The 7670M you had 5 years ago (which was really about a desktop 5570) was a weak <15W TDP GPU, which is why you saw little performance hit on battery. You now have a fully equipped desktop GPU that is too much for your feeble laptop battery to handle. When a 1050 downclocks to <15W the clock speeds go with it.

You have a 75W GPU and a 45W CPU, and a 56 Whr battery. So watt-hour = watts × hours. Do you see the problem here? The battery is designed to consume 56W for 1 hour.

There is nothing you can do to get full performance on battery.

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
It has nothing to do with your specific model, and everything to do with the fact that no battery can provide enough power to deliver plugged in performance without killing itself.

The 7670M you had 5 years ago (which was really about a desktop 5570) was a weak <15W TDP GPU, which is why you saw little performance hit on battery. You now have a fully equipped desktop GPU that is too much for your feeble laptop battery to handle. When a 1050 downclocks to <15W the clock speeds go with it.

You have a 75W GPU and a 45W CPU, and a 56 Whr battery. So watt-hour = watts × hours. Do you see the problem here? The battery is designed to consume 56W for 1 hour.

There is nothing you can do to get full performance on battery.
Ahh. I see.

I'm gonna put my search for a workaround on hold if that's the case. Gotta learn to enjoy my notebook being plugged in more often than not.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So. My dad's in the market for a new laptop. The problem is, his feature set is pretty specific. He wants a 17"+ laptop that's relatively light, AND has a minimum of two video outs. Preferably with the ability to use more than one hard drive.

The problem is I can't find anything that's not a heavy-duty gaming laptop with all of the above(The two video outs is non-negotiable). Finding something that has two video outs by itself is incredibly difficult. Performance-wise he's not looking for top-of-the-line(Though it seems like only the top-end stuff has multiple video outs), but anything that has like a Ryzen APU or a lighter GPU doesn't have two video outs.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Steel

The only light 17inch i can think of is the gs73

But I'm pretty sure if you search 17 inch gtx 1050 ti or 17inch max-q you should get some hits like I see a Lenovo legion one that has a HDMI and mini hdmi.

Last edited:

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Steel

The only light 17inch i can think of is the gs73

But I'm pretty sure if you search 17 inch gtx 1050 ti or 17inch max-q you should get some hits like I see a Lenovo legion one that has a HDMI and mini hdmi.
GS73 seems to be exactly what he'd want(He does some light gaming, but the 1060 is kinda overkill). Bit expensive though. Then again his job let him get an alienware 17 for his last computer so it could work. Thanks for pointing that out.

When I was struggling just to find laptops with 2 ports when I was looking around myself.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
K.Jack

Thanks for the suggestion about the psu, but that was not the problem new psu made no difference and old psu still works I tried it out on another laptop I had kept. I don't know what else to do but its not a good sign that I can't turn it on with ac power.

I went ahead with my purchase of the ge73 its coming friday.

Jan 31, 2018
So, I was looking at the Lenovo Legion Y530 with the GTX1060. Anyone have any experience with the brand? If so, good, bad, middling?

I usually go with Dells but their last machine I got, the Inspiron 13 7000 series was junk and I'm tired of their customer support, or rather lack thereof. I wanted an MSI but their too expensive and I don't like that they can only be bought through third parties. Alienware's are too bulky and I have no experience with Acer.

I want something that could potentially handle Borderlands 3 on medium to high settings; would the 1060 be capable of that? I know the specs haven't been released for that game (or the game itself even) but perhaps someone might have some idea? And is the GTX1060 MaxQ 6GB worse than the regular GTX1060 6GB? Or other way around?

It's on sale right now and based on the reviews, the Y530 seems decent. Some concern about the screen quality and weight but doesn't seem like a big deal.

Related note, the Y720 seemed nice. Shame it's been discontinued.

Anyway, thanks

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
SindbadtheSailor

1060 can handle most games at max settings I cant imagine it not being able to do the same with Borderlands 3

max-q cards are weaker but the 1060 max-q is the best one

I know nothing about the legion laptop but Dave Lee is impressed

Last edited:

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Did anyone but an ASUS Laptop with the Black Ops 4 promo? I have no idea how to redeem the code and the instructions make no sense.

"Please follow instructions on Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 notification* when you activate the eligible product. *Please make sure your device has the latest software updates "

What does that even mean? What notification? Where? Nothing shows up on the laptop. There's some "ASUS Giftbox" software, but it doesn't say a word about the promotion...

Edit: Figured it out. Had to run some random "asus promotion" application that was installed on my new laptop. Nothing on the desktop or auto-started.. Weird.

Last edited:

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Did anyone but an ASUS Laptop with the Black Ops 4 promo? I have no idea how to redeem the code and the instructions make no sense.

"Please follow instructions on Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 notification* when you activate the eligible product. *Please make sure your device has the latest software updates "

What does that even mean? What notification? Where? Nothing shows up on the laptop. There's some "ASUS Giftbox" software, but it doesn't say a word about the promotion...
When I started using the laptop I got a pop up from Asus to register it. A while after that I got an email with instructions

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
When I started using the laptop I got a pop up from Asus to register it. A while after that I got an email with instructions

I got it working. It didn't give me any pop-ups at all. I searched "asus" in the Windows search bar and saw an "asus promo" app, when I ran that and logged in to my ASUS account, it finally gave me the code. I wonder why it never popped up.

This is the most ridiculous, tedious promotion I've ever seen, btw. I've had to go through about 20 screens on different websites to get my code. I had to enter a code to get to a website to redeem another code. Now it says that it will send me an email with *maybe* the Black Ops 4 code within TWENTY business days. What the fuck.

Meanwhile, I also got Subnautica on steam from this purchase and the Steam code was emailed to me and redeemed in about 60 seconds..

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018
SindbadtheSailor

1060 can handle most games at max settings I cant imagine it not being able to do the same with Borderlands 3

max-q cards are weaker but the 1060 max-q is the best one

I know nothing about the legion laptop but Dave Lee is impressed

Thanks!

Looking further, it doesn't appears as though the battery life is all that great; 2 to 4 hours based on various reviews. Shame because it otherwise seems like a solid machine.

There's always a give and take with laptops.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Well I've been touring around my new MSI GT75 Titan 8RG for a couple weeks now.

I absolutely love it, but have been plagued with some technical hurdles along the way.

1. The wireless network card (Killer brand) was outdated out of the box. So I got intermittent wi-fi during setup and then the laptop would completely "forget" there was a network card installed. A bit of investigation revealed that the last Win 10 update that shipped with the laptop (1709) doesn't handshake well with the Killer software so I had to do a clean driver install to get wi-fi up and running. THEN I had to update to the latest Win 10 1803 version. Thankfully the wi-fi has been running fine since though.

2. When I installed the most recent NVIDIA drivers, I got a pop-up saying it was installing Nvidia-branded "HD Audio" drivers so I have no idea if my laptop is now using them instead of the "Hi-Res / DynAudio / Nahimic3" suite. It feels like the audio field is not as wide or deep now, but I can't tell if that's just my mind playing tricks on me.

3. This one is my goof, but apparently there's a custom Dragon Control Center that lets you tweak all kinds of laptop settings including Performance (power) Modes. There's like 4 settings for how much juice you want to feed the machine (Eco, Comfort, Sport, Turbo). I didn't even know this was a feature and the laptop's shipping default setting is Sport, which has the fans spinning at an alarming volume...you know like a jet taking off. For a hot minute I thought it was gonna be a deal-breaker as my wife and I enjoy hanging out on the couch and in bed browsing our laptops and the Sport volume level of the laptop is no bueno in regards to distracting other people in the room. Thankfully I saw you could switch the power mode to Comfort and that was MUCH better. Making fan noise a non issue.

4. My biggest problem atm, is that I can't enable G-sync on my sexy new 17" 120Hz (3ms) screen. This is a HUGE deal that has had me Googling for the past 10 days trying to find a solution. I know there's a toggle in the Nvidia Control Panel to turn G-sync on, but there's simply no listing for it anywhere. Nothing. I've read that this is a known issue that may be caused by the latest Win 10 updates, but it's kinda infuriating based on the amount of solution research I've done vs. actual solutions. I'm left wondering if I should just start over and do a factory refresh on the laptop or even worse, flash the BIOS (which terrifies me as I've never done this).

The worst part is that when the machine is up and running games look and feel absolutely glorious. Camera movement on a 120Hz screen is liquid smooth compared to my old 60Hz screen (shockingly so). And running with a 1080 GTX as opposed to my old potato 860m has me giddy like a school-girl as I flagrantly set all my game's graphics options to Ultra straight out of the gate. The mechanical keyboard with individual key lighting is completely baller.

BUT...just knowing that my rig is advertised as having a G-sync monitor and having ZERO access to it or ideas what to do has taken a lot of the wind out of my sails. I've read that this is a know issue with MSI laptops...I've seen several reports just like mine, but maddeningly there's no concrete solution. Maybe I'll try the BIOS trick or do a factory reset or something. Which is a drag 'cause it takes days to get any laptop up to specs with customization (settings, games, apps, etc.).

Still happy with my purchase for the 17" 120Hz / 1080 GTX / i7 8th Gen alone, but man has it been work acclimating to it. Anyone run into similar issues with new rigs?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
K.Jack

Thanks for the suggestion about the psu, but that was not the problem new psu made no difference and old psu still works I tried it out on another laptop I had kept. I don't know what else to do but its not a good sign that I can't turn it on with ac power.

I went ahead with my purchase of the ge73 its coming friday.
I've been doing some GT70 research. The issue could be serious enough to require a new power connector, the piece where you plug in the AC adapter. One of the pins may have gone bad (can you see any damage or bending), and the charging circuit may be shutting off to protect itself from damage. Worst case scenario the motherboard needs to be replaced.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Well I've been touring around my new MSI GT75 Titan 8RG for a couple weeks now.

I absolutely love it, but have been plagued with some technical hurdles along the way.

1. The wireless network card (Killer brand) was outdated out of the box. So I got intermittent wi-fi during setup and then the laptop would completely "forget" there was a network card installed. A bit of investigation revealed that the last Win 10 update that shipped with the laptop (1709) doesn't handshake well with the Killer software so I had to do a clean driver install to get wi-fi up and running. THEN I had to update to the latest Win 10 1803 version. Thankfully the wi-fi has been running fine since though.

2. When I installed the most recent NVIDIA drivers, I got a pop-up saying it was installing Nvidia-branded "HD Audio" drivers so I have no idea if my laptop is now using them instead of the "Hi-Res / DynAudio / Nahimic3" suite. It feels like the audio field is not as wide or deep now, but I can't tell if that's just my mind playing tricks on me.

3. This one is my goof, but apparently there's a custom Dragon Control Center that lets you tweak all kinds of laptop settings including Performance (power) Modes. There's like 4 settings for how much juice you want to feed the machine (Eco, Comfort, Sport, Turbo). I didn't even know this was a feature and the laptop's shipping default setting is Sport, which has the fans spinning at an alarming volume...you know like a jet taking off. For a hot minute I thought it was gonna be a deal-breaker as my wife and I enjoy hanging out on the couch and in bed browsing our laptops and the Sport volume level of the laptop is no bueno in regards to distracting other people in the room. Thankfully I saw you could switch the power mode to Comfort and that was MUCH better. Making fan noise a non issue.

4. My biggest problem atm, is that I can't enable G-sync on my sexy new 17" 120Hz (3ms) screen. This is a HUGE deal that has had me Googling for the past 10 days trying to find a solution. I know there's a toggle in the Nvidia Control Panel to turn G-sync on, but there's simply no listing for it anywhere. Nothing. I've read that this is a known issue that may be caused by the latest Win 10 updates, but it's kinda infuriating based on the amount of solution research I've done vs. actual solutions. I'm left wondering if I should just start over and do a factory refresh on the laptop or even worse, flash the BIOS (which terrifies me as I've never done this).

The worst part is that when the machine is up and running games look and feel absolutely glorious. Camera movement on a 120Hz screen is liquid smooth compared to my old 60Hz screen (shockingly so). And running with a 1080 GTX as opposed to my old potato 860m has me giddy like a school-girl as I flagrantly set all my game's graphics options to Ultra straight out of the gate. The mechanical keyboard with individual key lighting is completely baller.

BUT...just knowing that my rig is advertised as having a G-sync monitor and having ZERO access to it or ideas what to do has taken a lot of the wind out of my sails. I've read that this is a know issue with MSI laptops...I've seen several reports just like mine, but maddeningly there's no concrete solution. Maybe I'll try the BIOS trick or do a factory reset or something. Which is a drag 'cause it takes days to get any laptop up to specs with customization (settings, games, apps, etc.).

Still happy with my purchase for the 17" 120Hz / 1080 GTX / i7 8th Gen alone, but man has it been work acclimating to it. Anyone run into similar issues with new rigs?
So there is literally no 'Set up G-Sync' under the Display section in NCP? That is strange.

Let me contact a few GT75 maniacs I know, they will definitely have an answer if anyone would/

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
So there is literally no 'Set up G-Sync' under the Display section in NCP? That is strange.

Let me contact a few GT75 maniacs I know, they will definitely have an answer if anyone would/

GyErtRd.jpg

MXNag0m.png

Nope.

The first pic is how it's supposed to look in the Display window.

The second pic is how it looks in mine. There's no listing at all. I've read similar stories online, but no one seems to know how to resolve it.

(Neither of those pics are from my machine, I just Googled "no g-sync option in nvidia control panel".)

Thanks for looking out though!

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
After the newest NVIDIA driver update, Overwatch started lagging like crazy. It's terrible now. Even in the in-game menu. Not only that, but it lags the whole laptop as well.

I've tried doing a clean install of the driver and I tried repairing the game files and nothing. Any help would be super appreciated!

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Are there any decent methods to keep dust intake limited or is it expected that eventually you need to open it up and clean it?