• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
USA
MOD EDIT: If you want to create a dedicated thread for an April Fool's joke or fake, make sure that it is clearly labeled with [April Fools] in the title and that the joke is impressive enough to warrant its own thread. Individual threads about April Fool's jokes may be locked or merged without warning. When in doubt, keep it contained in this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------

Starting to see gaming related April Fool's Day stuff popping up as it's the 1st over in Aussie land and parts of Asia.

Post them as you see them, I'll try to keep the first post updated.

Make sure to read the entire thread as I may not be able to have everything in the first post. Stuff will be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember Square post something that looks like Tactics Ogre last year. Shit was not funny.

Oct 25, 2017
main.png

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff15/royal/april2018/

seiko_01_cs1w1_1280x798.jpg

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/703/1703275/

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So will there be a big April 1st announcement this year that actually ends up being real do you think?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
The gaming industry really needs to end its tradition of "April Fool's jokes". They generally fall into one of three categories:
  1. Stuff that is obviously fake and not funny (like that Robot Master list with such jokes as "Business Man", haha!!)
  2. Stuff that is elaborate and conceivably real and only serves to piss people off when they realize it will never actually happen (like that fake Brave Exvius trailer)
  3. Occasionally, buried under all the muck, one or two jokes that are actually funny (like that HZD body pillow), but combined not nearly enough to excuse the deluge of the others
I'm in for the nofunallowed.jpg replies, but this "tradition" is not fun all for me. Just annoying.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
The gaming industry really needs to end its tradition of "April Fool's jokes". They generally fall into one of three categories:
  1. Stuff that is obviously fake and not funny (like that Robot Master list with such jokes as "Business Man", haha!!)
  2. Stuff that is elaborate and conceivably real and only serves to piss people off when they realize it will never actually happen (like that fake Brave Exvius trailer)
  3. Occasionally, buried under all the muck, one or two jokes that are actually funny (like that HZD body pillow), but combined not nearly enough to excuse the deluge of the others
I'm in for the nofunallowed.jpg replies, but this "tradition" is not fun all for me. Just annoying.

KxkjQMn.png

lol cmon man you asked for it....I love the tradition. Its only one time a year.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

Didn't realize we have our own April Fool's joke!

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
AFD is basically an excuse for marketing departments to have some fun, don't take them so seriously.

Honestly if they annoy you so much just log off for the day.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
This one is fan made, but it's pretty well made and got me good because of it.

Zero-Crescent

Oct 28, 2017
New Japan Pro Wrestling has signed Eevee. First match in the dojo was against the King of Darkness, EVIL.
http://sp.njpw.jp/140930
03.jpg

05.jpg

- EVIL was frightened by Eevee's cuteness and took the fighting outside of the ring. EVIL grabbed a chair, but Eevee escaped back into the ring. The ref, Red Shoes Unno, took it away when EVIL tried to bring the chair in.
- Eevee managed to hit its finishing sequence, including its finisher, Z-Move Nine Evo Boost.
- However, Eevee accidentally took out Red Shoes in the process, causing the match to end in a 30-minute time limit draw.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
wait, so those League skins arent real, or they are real and they are having a April's fool event? I dont play League but those are amaazing lol :(