• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The internet has seen to it that in my mind, Garfield is associated primarily with that crappy Kart Racing game and this horrific alternate reality r/imsorryjon take on the character:

Thanks internet.

Gotta say though, I am kinda curious to see if this Kart sequel manages to not be terrible.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I already pre-ordered 10 copies; I wasn't expecting this amazing news but this could possibly be the greatest announcement in the history of sequel announcements.

Move over Half-Life 3, no way you can top Garfield.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I used to love Garfield as a kid, I'd probably enjoy an actually competent kart racer based on the franchise. Which this likely won't be, lol.

Deleted member 58832

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 27, 2019
If this had the look and feel of classic cartoon with the original voice actors, I would be slightly more interested.

j.zed

Oct 29, 2017
71RRYvFvoeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ah yes, the lovely colorful world of Garfield as I remember it.

Not since L.A. Noire have we seen an open world as lively as this.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oddly, I heard the original game really wasn't that bad of a Mario Kart clone. So even though it kinda became a meme, especially with it's low price point on Steam, it seemed to be a legit okay game.

Still, I'd imagine because of how many copies people bought, they decided to give us a sequel, haha. So, if anything, I think we're all to blame for the game getting a sequence.

I never did cave buying it, though almost did a couple times, not even gonna lie.

Jan 6, 2019
This doesn't seem like a sequel from the description, considering it has the same characters and number of tracks as the first. It might just be a port. A $30 port of a game that goes on sale on steam for a dollar something (was on sale just a few days ago).
BTW the 3ds port of Garfield Kart is hilariously awful. They forgot to make the offroad sections slow your car down, so you can just drive wherever you want with no speed loss. Unfortunately, they also forgot to make some of the ground solid, so you can fall through the world. It has the one AI that zooms half a lap ahead and is uncatchable too.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
BTW the 3ds port of Garfield Kart is hilariously awful. They forgot to make the offroad sections slow your car down, so you can just drive wherever you want with no speed loss. Unfortunately, they also forgot to make some of the ground solid, so you can fall through the world. It has the one AI that zooms half a lap ahead and is uncatchable too.
Damn ! XD

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
My son was playing a Garfield Karl knock-off at the arcade earlier today called "coffee cat racing". All the characters looked just like Garfield and friends and you collected lasagna as a boost power up.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jim Davis is only 74. For some reason I thought him much older (like Stan Lee) but apparently he's still going strong.

I liked the Garfield comic and animated show as a kid but that Garfield-Cthullu shit is legit disturbing.

Jan 6, 2019
Yeah, I really think this is just a port of the first one. I checked the first game, and the two locations mentioned in the press release, Palerock Lake and Pastacosi Factory, are two of the tracks from the original game.

TheWeaponeer

Jul 24, 2019
Gonna wait for the U.S. Acres DLC.

Your priorities are in the right place, good person you. Gaming needs "WADE DUCK EVIL EYES" like Luigi had in Mario Kart 8.

I have about a little under 600 Steam games in my library; about 20 of them are installed on my PC. This game is one of them. It sits proudly next to titles like Yakuza 0, DOOM, Raiden Legacy, and Pinball FX3 among other worthy installs. If you cannot understand the greatness of the original GAAS (Garfield as a Service), then you have my pity, and certainly not my axe.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017

Screenshots and info because of course we want that

• 3 game modes - grand Prix, single race, time trial
  • Multiplayer - up to 4 players in split-screen mode and up to 8 players in online mode or portable on Nintendo Switch
  • 16 circuits - crazy races in stunning environments inspired by the world of garfield, such as palerock Lake and pastacosi Factory
  • 8 characters - garfield, odie, Jon, nermal, arlene, liz, Harry and squeak
  • 9 attack and Defense bonuses to turn the race in your favor
Garfield, the famous lasagna-loving Cat is back to take on Jon, Odie and company in a no-holds-barred racing game! Choose your character and Kart according to their characteristics and your driving style, get off the starting line first and control skids to outrun your opponents. Use crazy bonus objects, like the pillow or the magic wand, to gain an edge and get over the finishing line first. Are you lazy like Garfield? Take shortcuts to overtake the other racers with the spring! Race your friends in local or online modes, with up to eight players on 16 iconic circuits from the world of Garfield.

WHY

Because I'm literally making lasagne as I post this.