• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Put em up, fam.

reYugib.png

Thank you based Code Mystics.

Now if only we could get a version of 3rd Strike that doesn't kick you out of the game every time you want to rematch in lobbies.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooooo holy crap thats awesome. I double dipped the PS4 after owning the 360 version and now I'm glad I did

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
awwwwwwwwww shieeeeeeeeet, thanks a lot for the heads up!

I thought about picking this game for a long time but the reviews were saying that the port was pretty bad so I never pulled the trigger.

Gonna play it this weekend!

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Man, I'm so tempted to pick this up on Steam even though I wouldn't go online with it.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The all-time player peak for the (bad)Steam version was 52 - 3 years ago. Right now, there are 50 people playing it.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Did some matches with some dude on PC. I couldn't find a match so I hosted while Training until I got a match. Ping was around 220-230 or so but it felt good. We played maybe 5 matches and I think I only won about 2, but I did hit him with a Perfect!

Garrison

Oct 27, 2017
Adds superior netcode to the game so online matches run much smoother.
I'm not a rollback expert but I can tell you from experience, rollback preserves input timings and keeps them consistent. If the players get too far apart from each other in terms of delay, then rollback happens and re-syncs the players and the match continues like normal. Delay based netcode is extremely distance sensitive too so the further you are away the worse its gonna get while rollback is a bit less sensitive and allows you to play good matches with people much farther away.
Thanks for the response folks. I'll look into the Vita version of this then. Hope the game is good, I'll take a look to see if it's worth getting.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I just downloaded the update for the Vita version. One cosmetic change that I've noticed is that they removed the "Fatal Fury 25th Anniversary" graphic, and replaced it with a "NeoGeo 30th Anniversary" graphic.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Been playing since the announcement.

Had a couple 180ping matches, and they felt SMOOOTH.

Be sure to leave a Review!
OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I already have it on PS4 but hold up brb, going to throw a couple bucks their way to pick up the Steam version
As you say that...I notice they didn't adjust the price. The PS4 version is $5 more.

Also:

I think it's clear that sales and reviews are the main way they are gauging how much people want rollback netcode in their games.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It makes me wish we'd get a Fatal Fury game in the future. We got Samurai Shodown so that should be next! I don't expect us to get Art of Fighting or Last Blade.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Since y'all are in the know: What other SNK games have gotten Code Mystics updates like this? I just went into my ancient SNK Neo Geo order from an old Humble Bundle, and it seems like all of its Steam unlocks are for games that only got dotEmu ports (like The Last Blade, which absolutely won't load in proper "full screen" format on my machine).

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Since y'all are in the know: What other SNK games have gotten Code Mystics updates like this? I just went into my ancient SNK Neo Geo order from an old Humble Bundle, and it seems like all of its Steam unlocks are for games that only got dotEmu ports (like The Last Blade, which absolutely won't load in proper "full screen" format on my machine).
KoF 97 and Samurai Shodown V Special. Both ports were done by Code Mystics to begin with though.

Deltadan

Oct 25, 2017
Will have to try this out sometime next week.

More Japanese developers recognizing the importance of rollback is always awesome :)

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
oof, I forgot how untennable characters without definitive antiairs are.