• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Got done playing, some really good connections. Had a 280 ping that was even playable vs some guy that's obviously devoted a lot of time to Garou.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sweet, I own this version of the game! Gonna have to redownload it. Kind of hope they patch their port of Last Blade 2 as well!

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I tried this with a buddy of mine online on PC... and I changed my negative review from 3+ years ago to positive. The fact that SNK went back and updated a 3 year old DotEmu port (that's the version that STEAM got) is just amazing. This is definitely a move made out of love for the game and the community. Cody Mystics did a fine job with this. I hope that SNK keeps them on board for years to come.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
skillzilla81

I see you
qxm3y51.png

Also rollback when done right is so so good. I just found out the guy I was playing earlier is in the UK. 7,031 kilometres away.
I would never even be able to connect to that guy if it was delay-based netplay.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does this update apply to the DRM free version from an SNK Humble Bundle a couple of years ago?

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Can't speak for the online yet because I'm about to go to bed, but the performance of the Steam version was pretty good. None of the audio issues, input delay, or frame skipping that seemingly plagued the original release based on the old reviews.

Managed to learn Deadly Rave Neo wish is satisfying as hell to pull off, and played Arcade up to that cheap, input-reading, high low mixup having son of a bitch, Gato.

In all, I had fun and I'll put in some more time tomorrow

Jul 26, 2019
Forgive my ignorance but will this update be applied if I buy the game from steam now? Tweet says it's free for previous owners.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Bought, reviewed, happy as all get out right now. I'd been sitting on the game due to the low-quality port, now I've got a shiny Code Mystics version ready to go!

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds great but I bet its a total sweatfest in there, obviously for how long the game has been out now. I might try to get it if it goes on sale during Lunar week.

I tried to go back to those Dotemu SNK ports and idk if it was always like this but the audio sync is way off even though the game still plays fine. Still played bunch cause I was jonesing for some fighter to play.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
If they updated the Xbox 360 port, that would be awesome since it's the only version available on Xbox.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure. It applies to the GoG version which is also DRM free.

I just checked and it's not supported at all. Ironic since it was also developed by Dot Emu but is not the same Dot Emu developed Garou they are selling on the Humble Store or other stores.

This version of Garou I'm talking about was among the available DRM free Neo Geo games you got on a Humble Neo Geo Bundle. I'm not sure what's exactly changed on the version that cost money cost but this one is in a poorly optimized emulator package with nebulous controller support and no support for any form of multiplayer.

EDIT: I submitted a support ticket to Humble so I can understand why they essentially have two packages of Garou available on their site.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just tried out a match and goddamn it was buttery smooth, like playing offline. Great job Code Mystics/SNK.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Is this game cross-buy on Vita/PS4?
Yes, it is. It also has cross play between the two consoles.

So, right now the SNK games ported by Code Mystics that have rollback are:

• Garou MoTW (PS4/Vita/PC)
  • Samurai Shodown V Special (PS4/Steam)
  • King of Fighters '97 Global Match (PS4/Vita/Steam)

Ports that don't have rollback:

• Last Blade 2 (PS4/Vita/Steam)
  • King of Fighters '98 UM Final Edition (Steam/GOG)
  • King of Fighters 2002 UM (Steam/GOG)

Last edited: