• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Thanks so much to SNK and Code Mystics for this. I forgot how much I loved this game and now I can actually play it with people online!

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Host if you don't see anything, think a lot of people just sit there refreshing and not making lobbies.

Yeah eventually got a match that way.

Man I'm really not great at this game lol. Played like seven matches with a Terry and I only won one round. I love this game but I'm just not cut out for it I think, something about the way it plays isn't gelling with me.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017

Man I'm really not great at this game lol. Played like seven matches with a Terry and I only won one round. I love this game but I'm just not cut out for it I think, something about the way it plays isn't gelling with me.

If you haven't already learn about the break system, Terry also has some pretty scary combos involving a feint.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Just so I know I'm doing it right, his do I use the roll back adjuster? I wasn't planning on messing with it at all, but if I need to I'd like to know how it works.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
And if your basic scrub-ass like me can't remember how ABCD maps to make sense of some notations out there here you go..

PsdCyff.png

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just so I know I'm doing it right, his do I use the roll back adjuster? I wasn't planning on messing with it at all, but if I need to I'd like to know how it works.

The higher you go, the more input delay you'll feel, but the less rollback. If your opponent has high ping, turning it up will decrease rollback and make it feel more like a game with input delay netcode, as opposed to seeing them teleport beacuse of rollback.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
eh, why the hell not, i'll try a few games over the weekend on PSN

"ProfessorBeef" is my PSN

EDIT: just to be sure, it's this one on the sony store, correct?

I'll add you to the list of PSN IDs. Last update for now because I need to head out for a while soon. Alternatively, if you feel like it, Jaded Alyx created a PS4 community called Garou Era Community feel free to request joining it.

Piccoro - PSN; PiccoroDaimaoh
shotopunx - PSN; shotopunx
ContraWars - PSN; ContraWars
Hyun Sai - PSN; Hyunsai972
Jaded Alyx - PSN; Jaded_Alyx
Shanaynay - PSN; Archvile78
skillzilla81 - PSN; Skillzilla81
tzare - PSN; tzare
Scotia - PSN; Krypton_Xenon
bubumiao - PSN; Eatin-Air-Gobot
BrunOz - PSN; BrunOz-
Professor Beef - PSN; ProfessorBeef

Shan

Oct 27, 2017

It feels real good when you get the feel for it. I need to lab a bit with my character, especially to nail down some BnBs and the Motion Storing Technique mechanic of the game, considering a lot of combos end with Light attack into special.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels real good when you get the feel for it. I need to lab a bit with my character, especially to nail down some BnBs and the Motion Storing Technique mechanic of the game, considering a lot of combos end with Light attack into special.

Yeah I think I just need to lab more. I've been messing around in arcade mode trying to get a feel against moving opponents but eh its not the real thing. But hey, at least I can still enjoy the game despite being ass lol

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
PSN is Jimny_FireStorm

I'll join the community, but I hate doing friend requests (and I think I have them turned off lol).

Been having fun trying Gato out online tonight. I've been doing awful lol, and most of the matches I win I did SFxT style time outs XD, but I have a better hang of him slightly.

I had a fairly big set against a Butt player though, so I definitely learned something about that match up. Namely I hate dealing with projectiles as Gato lmao.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So, what are Gato's good buttons lol, aside from any version of C?
I seem to be losing the trade on a lot of stuff, especially air to air.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
I'll hop on tomorrow. I really wish this had cross play because last time I tried to get games online it was a barren wasteland

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
unfortunately Steam version does not track player's history so I can remember them for future matches.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I think I just need to lab more. I've been messing around in arcade mode trying to get a feel against moving opponents but eh its not the real thing. But hey, at least I can still enjoy the game despite being ass lol
That's the fun thing with Garou, even though i'm not very good I still have fun just playing it!

PSN is Jimny_FireStorm

I'll join the community, but I hate doing friend requests (and I think I have them turned off lol).

Been having fun trying Gato out online tonight. I've been doing awful lol, and most of the matches I win I did SFxT style time outs XD, but I have a better hang of him slightly.

I had a fairly big set against a Butt player though, so I definitely learned something about that match up. Namely I hate dealing with projectiles as Gato lmao.
No worries about the friend requests thing, at least we know your ID if we see you online! Man, it's crazy to see the turnaround on Steam with the reviews, it's great even, hopefully SNK notice the sudden change.

tzare - PSN; tzare
BrunOz - PSN; BrunOz-
Jimnymebob - PSN; Jimny_Firestorm
Strawhat_Do - PSN; Strawhat_Do

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Please add me on PS4!
My psn id: PiccoroDaimaoh

I will the next time i turn on the console.

Will send a request to join the community as well.

Game is really fun, i bought it awhile ago for €7.99 and barely played it. Few weeks ago reinstalled the game and played a few matches and then this patch happens :)

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
tzare - PSN; tzare
BrunOz - PSN; BrunOz-
Jimnymebob - PSN; Jimny_Firestorm
Strawhat_Do - PSN; Strawhat_Do
RROCKMAN - PSN; Wert3421

Added myself, I'm a not very good Terry main but hit me up and I'll do my best.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
GGs to Andy. Getting close to Tizoc scares the crap outta me, cause next thing you know you're in the air and he's screaming BIIIIIG COOOOOCK.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Max streamed Garou tonight. And you know it was great netcode when people kept hopping into the stream and not realizing he was playing people online.

which led max to have a great time and then it Ended with a rant because it was more salt in the wound for all the games he enjoys more but have worse netcode

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Max streamed Garou tonight. And you know it was great netcode when people kept hopping into the stream and not realizing he was playing people online.

which led max to have a great time and then it Ended with a rant because it was more salt in the wound for all the games he enjoys more but have worse netcode
I'll have to watch this. I know he said the other night that he wasn't a big fan of the game.