• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019

People voting with their wallets; every fighting game should have rollback netcode

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Would someone mind explaining what rollback netcode is? :O

I tried looking it up when this was first implemented and could really use a breakdown in layman's terms.

Edit: Got some links to check out. Thanks folks!

Last edited:

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Definitely want to check it out, but I have a feeling since it's more "niche" I'm going to absolutely get my ass handed to me.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to be a downer, but although 3000% sounds like a lot, the game jumped from a 0.8 player average to 20.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Am I seeing it right that the playerbase went from, like 2 players to...85 players?

I guess you COULD go with "3000%" if you want to completely misrepresent the issue. Not sure you should though.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
e1Eyh0Z.png

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Would someone mind explaining what rollback netcode is? :O

I tried looking it up when this was first implemented and could really use a breakdown in layman's terms.

Ars Technica made a pretty exhaustive breakdown of delay vs rollback, explaining each
arstechnica.com

Explaining how fighting games use delay-based and rollback netcode

How to design your game for optimal play over a network.

It's essentially freezing the game state vs predictive/corrective input simulation

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
I'll be more interested in seeing the playerbase in a month rather than the hot-take level logic in the tweet in the OP lol.

That said, yeah, rollback netcode for all, please!

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Won't move the needle in terms of helping add rollback into the next batch of games. GG, grandblue, and KoF not having rollback this year heading into NEXT GEN will be such a shitty look for the genre.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
It may not seem like it's still reaching big numbers, but those numbers are actually good for a game this old. We'll see how long it'll last, but hopefully it's enough to for SNK to get the message.

OP
OP

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Im gonna go ahead and close the thread. It was unintentionally misleading, I didn't actually look at the numbers before I actually posted. My bad.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Stangely, even with that low player base, I don't wait much more to have a match than in T7 in my region. That's what happens when around 200ms of ping is playable.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Saying it's a 3000% increase is a bit sensationalist isn't it? There were never many people buying the game in the first place. Good for the game, it's awesome, and it's cool they improved the net code, but it's not really that crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.