Oct 25, 2017

Pounce inside of your cozy armoured mech and set off on a dangerous trek through an alien underworld full of irritable creatures and treacherous obstacles in a valiant effort to save your stranded captain and his crashed spaceship. Tiptoe outside the friendly confines of your technological marvel and follow your feline instincts through tight tunnels and mysterious waterways to scavenge for new weapons and gear. Adventure awaits the most curious of cats in Gato Roboto!

This looks fucking cute as fuck.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Published by Devolver and within impulse buy range

Ok I will pre-order this then

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Gato Roboto looks very nice. But unfortunately, Mewtroid already exists!

It even recently got a sequel, Mewtroid 2: Return of Sameow

I guess that makes this game ... a copycat.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a really low price. I don't mind if the game is short, but hopefully it's not, like, two hours.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
hate to be that guy, (as if you all need another reason to dislike me lol) but this is clearly cat blaster master, not cat metroid

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Some Cat games can be Metroidcat cames, but Metroid games can't be Metroidcats, because Metroidcats are only a sub-genre of Cat games.. Or something.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Games out and all Devolver Digital games (except The Messenger) are on sale for 10th anniversary if someone wants to make a full thread.

Katana Zero - 11.99$ (20%)

Enter the Gungeon - 7.49$ (50%)

Gato Roboto - NEW - 6.79$ (15%)

The Swords of Ditto: Mormo's Curse - 10.49$ (30%)

Reigns: Game of Thrones - 1.99$ (50%)

GRIS - 11.89$ (30%)

Downwell - 1.49$ (50%)

Pikuniku - 6.49$ (50%)

Broforce - 7.49$ (50%)

Ape Out - 10.49$ (30%)

Reigns: Kings & Queens - 3.99$ (50%)

Minit - 5.99$ (40%)

The Red Strings Club - 10.49 (30%)

Mother Russia Bleeds - 7.49$ (50%)

Crossing Souls - 7.49$ (50%)

NOT A HERO: SUPER SNAZZY EDITION - 6.49$ (50%)

I Hate Running Backwards - 7.49$ (50%)

until 6/6/2019

Oct 25, 2017
México
I just started the game 3 minutes ago. I actually had to pause the game because I saw the most cringeworthy thing in the introduction.

In the 30 seconds of the game, you are given some coordinates: 4 2 0 6 9

Bad sign so far. Lame meme joke.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Fun game, I found the frog to upgrade in the game... but can't recall where he was on the map. Does anyone want to give me a hint?

Edit: Found him, bottom lowest square in the nexus to the right of the computer

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've been playing it for 2 hours so far, it's one of the better metroidvania's I've played in a while.

Also I can't resist how fucking cute the cat is.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared the first sector, now onto the next one, Magmoor Caverns Heat core system. Very nice game, tight controls and map design, the cat is cute as hell, I love how his face changes whenever you shoot or spin-jump. I hope they sell well enough to make a bigger game next time.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
How long do you think this game is? Similar to minnit?
I've just about completed 2/3 of the areas to go to the final area and im at 1:45 hours.

Cleared the first sector, now onto the next one, Magmoor Caverns Heat core system. Very nice game, tight controls and map design, the cat is cute as hell, I love how his face changes whenever you shoot or spin-jump. I hope they sell well enough to make a bigger game next time.

It is a fun game, I just wish there was a reason to fight enemies. In other metroidvanias they drop health or ammo or currency but in this game they don't so you are almost better off platforming around them lol

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Fun game. Super short (average playtime should come to 2 to maybe 3 hours at most) and easy, but it was worth the 6 or so bucks. It's more a metroid-lite though, it's mostly linear and you'd be hard-pressed to ever get stuck in the game as you're constantly being pushed forward. But it was a lot of fun to play as a little inbetween.

I feel it's a great companion piece to last years Minit, which was more a condensed Link's Awakening and this is a more condensed Metroid. Definitely recommended.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone help with where I can find the decoder towards the end of the game? Am I missing something really obvious?