• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
https://gonintendo.com/stories/2987...switch-has-sold-15-million-units-worldwide-th

636501323695326501-TopTech-Online.png

Edit: This is just prediction from the analysts, not actual sales figures. Please edit title mod or just close thread

Thank you!

Last edited:

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
This is an analysts projection for end of year sales not an actual point of sales data. Stop treating it like it is.

kjtc1979

Nov 27, 2017
If Nintendo had made another five million to sell since the first week of December, I think Japan would've gotten more units than they did. The Switch did really well this Christmas - it's basically sold out again in the NYC area. They might have exceeded their sales targets, but not by that much.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
It's gotta be shipped and not sold. That would put it ahead of the PS4 which I doubt considering they said 10M sold at the beginning of December

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
And that's why I put I personally think the Switch is around 13 million units.
All it would have taken to find out the source of the information was a projection and not a sales report was a few clicks and a few seconds reading. It's up to you to stop the spread of misinformation. (We seriously need to make a Smokey the bear style public announcement. It's genius)

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
You'd think Nintendo would announce that to the heavens if that was accurate. Either this is an estimate, refers to the number of shipped Switches, or both.

That said, it would be hype if this was true.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
All it would have taken to find out the source of the information was a projection and not a sales report was a few clicks and a few seconds reading. It's up to you to stop the spread of misinformation. (We seriously need to make a Smokey the bear style public announcement. It's genius)

Yeah you're right, I edited my OP post.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Oh it's a projection not an actual sales figure. I was about to say. That is above Nintendo's own projection to investors.

mugwhump

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what they're basing that projection on. They must've seen Nintendo's press release just like us. And I think if we follow the usual japan:Rotw ratio, the switch would be around 13.3m now.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
They must mean expectations to close out the FY and even that would be pretty nuts. That's five million from their FY 2019 goal.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I wonder what they're basing that projection on. They must've seen Nintendo's press release just like us. And I think if we follow the usual japan:Rotw ratio, the switch would be around 13.3m now.
Actually, if we follow that ratio, then Switch would be at 13.2 million as of December 24th, with a week to spare before the end of the year. Don't think they have sold 15 million, but maybe 14 million is possible.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Those are estimates. They're an advisory firm and their clients are usual institutional investors and the like. They tend to play hard and fast with numbers.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Let's wait for official numbers.

The Switch won't be far from that. I expect it to sell 4 million units in December worldwide. It sold 10 million by November, so 15 million is possible, but I think 13 or 14 more likely.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, if we follow that ratio, then Switch would be at 13.2 million as of December 24th, with a week to spare before the end of the year. Don't think they have sold 15 million, but maybe 14 million is possible.

15M shipments is possible though. Likely even, I'd say.

But that's clearly not what they're claiming, yeah. This is obviously an estimate. And it's a cherry picked list, very incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.