• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
And one more thing y'all have to realize. All this exclusivity shit isn't hurting Steam. Steam is going to be fine. It's all the smaller stores that are going to pay the price for Epic's bullshit, and we'll end up with FEWER options than before, not more.
"They aren't hurting the people they're supposed to hurt!" Screams people who are really resentful of Steam for reasons.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Also, this is a shitty ban. Explaining why people who can't legally buy the game in their country end up turning to piracy isn't advocating it ffs.
"Questionable business practices" was clearly referring to "moneyhats", not that they don't service the same range of countries and payment methods as Steam.

Also, yes, acting like your sympathy is important while also acting like everybody has the same priveliges as you and should operate under your moral compass and culture, and only yours, is kinda smug.
There's no moral or cultural justification for piracy, so you should probably move off this line of reasoning.
People have many reasons to pirate, none of which are legitimate. It's an entertainment product.

Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Guess this'll be my first Epic Store game purchase!
I've been getting the free games, but haven't actually bought anything yet.

I totally understand a lot of people's concerns with Epic's store (like the lack of features), but these days I don't even use many of the features on Steam (never play multiplayer games, and almost always just use an XB1 controller so I don't need controller remapping), and Borderlands is one of my favorite franchises and I've been waiting more than long enough to finally play it.

I used to pretty much despise EA's Origin store when it first launched and EA games were no longer sold on Steam. While I've still barely bought anything on Origin (mainly just free games, heavily discounted games, or Bioware games), I've never actually had any problems with the store, and over the years I've started to care less about non-Steam launchers.
do you really think the concern we have is because of THE LACK OF FEATURES? my god. also, your i dont use steam features argument, lmao.
oh and dont get me started on the origin argument, its not even the same thing as epic LMAO.

Anko

Oct 26, 2017
YuriLand
this is why I am not upset at epic. the issue is steam had/still has a natural monopoly. all else equal if it was on both, 90% would be steam. epic has to do something, paying for timed excusivity makes sense.
If the game was on both Steam and EGS, I would buy it on steam not because of the steam branding but because
1. They offer me better regional prices (EGS can be over 20% more expensive than steam for me) and
2. Steam has better features
If the game is cheaper elsewhere, I'll weigh the benefits of the launcher to the price difference. Natural monopoly? I think not. Guess what EGS can do to convince me to buy on their store. Hint: It's not exclusivity.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
If the game was on both Steam and EGS, I would buy it on steam not because of the steam branding but because
1. They offer me better regional prices (EGS can be over 20% more expensive than steam for me) and
2. Steam has better features
If the game is cheaper elsewhere, I'll weigh the benefits of the launcher to the price difference. Natural monopoly? I think not. Guess what EGS can do to convince me to buy on their store. Hint: It's not exclusivity.
assume everything were equel for a second, which store do you buy it from? its steam right b/c that is where your other games are. it cant be equal to pull people away.

clamj00ce

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Generalization and a History of Hostility; Account in Junior Phase
Hopefully there will be a lot of people with some integrity who won't purchase this on Epics shit store, I have my doubts however as most people are garbage.

Anko

Oct 26, 2017
YuriLand
assume everything were equel for a second, which store do you buy it from? its steam right b/c that is where your other games are. it cant be equal to pull people away.
Which is why you compete. On price or other stuff? That's competition. You become better than the competition to pull customers over.

You can't expect me to be happy with having to pay more in addition to having a worse experience overall?

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
You're likely in the silent majority. Get ready to be called a PC gamer or an Epic shill because you don't need cloud saves or friends lists.

Disingenuous bullshit.

Every thread has these same ridiculous and stupid posts over and over again from people defending Epic with no legitimate defense.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Why are they so tight-lipped on the consoles? PlayStation and Xbox already uploaded the teaser trailer, so we know it's PS4/XB1/PC.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Nice! Currently playing BL1 and I love it. Seems like it's not up on the Epic Store yet. I'm preordering this one day 1!

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Going to try to convince my buddies to wait for the steam version. Because I definitely can.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
These timed exclusivity deals suck now, but it will ultimately be very good for developers, no? The Epic store will become a bigger and bigger platform, and Steam will eventually have to follow suit on the lowered cuts they get from game sales.

Oct 28, 2017
Epic taking steams lunch.

funny-gif-girl-shop-tall-guy1.gif

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg
Wonder if there's much else to announce tomorrow for the official reveal event-thingy, aside from more weird sweaty magic tricks from Randy? If anything, I do hope to find out more about possible cross-play (progression?) between the three platforms. If Borderlands can manage to implement shlooter cross-play maybe there's hope for Destiny 3!

Juzzomac

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully there will be a lot of people with some integrity who won't purchase this on Epics shit store, I have my doubts however as most people are garbage.
So all PC fans of Borderlands who purchase the game before it comes out on your preferred platform are garbage people?

EGS is trash but this is a really bad take.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
After reading Randy's tweets, I'm kind of curious as to what 'benefit' he thinks being on the Epic store will be for the consumer.

The only 'benefit' Epic has ever offered was the 10 bucks off (for NA) for Exodus - aside from that, I don't think I can recall any specific consumer benefit Epic has brought to the table.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
These timed exclusivity deals suck now, but it will ultimately be very good for developers, no? The Epic store will become a bigger and bigger platform, and Steam will eventually have to follow suit on the lowered cuts they get from game sales.

Devs. getting a good deal and the consumers getting shafted for a barebones featureless launcher? Idk how is that good though and its Epic games we are talking about. I have big doubts on them 'eventually' getting to be a 'bigger' platform than it currently is.

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if there's much else to announce tomorrow for the official reveal event-thingy, aside from more weird sweaty magic tricks from Randy? If anything, I do hope to find out more about possible cross-play (progression?) between the three platforms. If Borderlands can manage to implement shlooter cross-play maybe there's hope for Destiny 3!

We still don't really know anything about the game officially. Maps, skill trees, customizations, end game focus, DLC plans etc.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Them going exclusively to Epic was never about the sales cut. If it was, Valve already offers a way to give you 100% of the cut

Ganransu

Nov 21, 2017
People choosing a better product for them is a good thing, it's how the free market should be. It's the only way the market can become beneficial for the consumers.

On the other hand, consumers are not benefitting from EGS's exclusive deal in anyway what-so-ever; Borderlands 3, Metro Exodus, etc aren't games that were in severe need of help, this isn't Sony/MS/Nintendo helping indie out, this is Epic using their massive warchest to buy games that are already guaranteed to sell well despite their help.

Are you proposing that as consumers, we have an obligation to give EGS a fair chance to run instead of picking a platform and service that are more beneficial to us?

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing Other Users and Ignoring Mod Post; Accumulated Infractions

World's smallest violin. Gamers are such fucking babies and I'm glad publications such as Game Informer and Kotaku call them out for it.

Wait 6 months. You'll be OK.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
With this being only 6 months, is this game going to be the first big game who's exclusivity deal will end? Very curious how they will handle the steam launch. Just dump it on there or thread it like a kind of second launch with trailers etc.

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
People choosing a better product for them is a good thing, it's how the free market should be. It's the only way the market can become beneficial for the consumers.

On the other hand, consumers are not benefitting from EGS's exclusive deal in anyway what-so-ever; Borderlands 3, Metro Exodus, etc aren't games that were in severe need of help, this isn't Sony/MS/Nintendo helping indie out, this is Epic using their massive warchest to buy games that are already guaranteed to sell well despite their help.

Are you proposing that as consumers, we have an obligation to give EGS a fair chance to run instead of picking a platform and service that are more beneficial to us?
no, I am saying its ok for epic to use what they have, in this case money from fortnite, to give them a shot. if they didnt buy exclusives they would be another storefront noone buys anything from.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
After reading Randy's tweets, I'm kind of curious as to what 'benefit' he thinks being on the Epic store will be for the consumer.

The only 'benefit' Epic has ever offered was the 10 bucks off (for NA) for Exodus - aside from that, I don't think I can recall any specific consumer benefit Epic has brought to the table.

100% right what do they offer? Other stores all offer something so far all epic has is a long list of features it's missing.

Oh and stealing away games from other stores and sales options lol.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
With this being only 6 months, is this game going to be the first big game who's exclusivity deal will end? Very curious how they will handle the steam launch. Just dump it on there or thread it like a kind of second launch with trailers etc.

Metro exclusivity will end in February, Blands 3 exclusivity will end in March (if it is 6 months).

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

LMAO! yes, we're garbage because we buy games from a store you don't prefer. Big YIKES! Era has reached a new low with this one.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Just put in ignore Asriel, there's no discussion to be had with this individual , s/he acts in bad faith in every EGS thread and its clear they won't be punished. They are probably one of those wheres my half-life 3 people.

Asriel

Dec 7, 2017
Really cool of you to call people being upset about not being able to play the fucking game in their country babies. Or the people who have to pay a shitton for EGS games because they don't support their currency.

Must be nice being an ignorant asshole.

China, you mean? The amount of concern trolling over the lack of EGS availability in China has been absolutely shameless. They have faced countless censorship, restrictions, and bans across numerous forms of media, and now people are upset all of a sudden. Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.