• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU. EXPLOSIONS?!?!?!?!

• BRING ME A BUCKET AND I'LL SHOW YOU A BUCKET!

Votes: 73 13.4%
  • YOU GET A BULLET! YOU GET A BULLET! EVERYBODY GETS A BULLET!

Votes: 100 18.4%
  • CATCH-A-RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE.

Votes: 249 45.8%
  • DOMO ARIGATO SUCKASS!

Votes: 81 14.9%
  • I HAVE THE SHINIEST MEATBICYCLE.

Votes: 92 16.9%
  • MY PECS HAVE PECS!

Votes: 83 15.3%
  • SHOOT ME IN THE FACE! FACE FACE FACE FACE FACE.... BOOM, SQUISH, YAY!

Votes: 169 31.1%

• Total voters

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
BvOMkRH.png

EdmcE45.png

02cAMkV.png

rLmMe1G.png

yEjv57N.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What is this?

Gearbox PR:

This is your opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes look at Gearbox Software and Gearbox Publishing, along with the latest news and updates from the makers of Borderlands, Battleborn, Brothers in Arms, and more! There will be never-before-seen reveals, exclusives, and surprises, so don't miss out!

How long will this last?

1 hour! From 2:00PM EST to 3:00PM EST.

What was the last thing Gearbox announced at PAX East?

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition. They definitely seem to be going all out with this PAX with the immenient Borderlands marketing push. Expect renewed interest in the IP with merch, spin-offs and the like in the run up to the big ol' 3.

How long left?

t1553796000z0.png

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Been replaying Borderlands 2 for the past month with first time Commando (after playing Siren and Mechromancer a few years ago). Almost 72 and almost tempted to try Psycho or continue with my lvl 30 Assassin after I'm done with him.
Can't wait to see what Borderlands 3 have in store. Hopefully they bring back all NPCS(love how ridiculous Torgue is!) and add the BL2 playable characters as new ones.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Sweet thread! Just one more stinking day and hopefully Borderlands 3 and anything else borders is ours.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I want a really great Borderlands 3 experience, I had a great time with Borderlands 1 and 2.

But I have changed pretty significantly as a person since those games came out. I wonder if Gearbox can manage to capture a tone with Borderlands 3 that can maintain me when it comes to its tone while not necessarily having a hard split from its core identity? Like, I worry that the better part of a decade later, I may have outgrown what Borderlands used to be?

That concern aside, I also admit that I don't trust Gearbox a whole lot. That said, my past enjoyment of Borderlands has me rooting more for them than rooting against them, but I do admit that I'm going to take every pre-release bit of media surrounding this game with a huge grain of salt. I have trusted sources that I'll keep my ear to the ground on when it comes to impressions, but I'm not taking anything Randy says or shows at face value.

Overall, I'm hoping Borderlands 3 is a Borderlands I can get down with... But I admit, I'm hesitant at this point to claim a regular sense of excitement about it.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
I hope BL3 has VR support, BL2 on PSVR is fantastic now they have added Aim support. It's unlikely but maybe next gen they will do a VR port of it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Main thing I'm hoping for is a proper, actual, Duke Nukem (soft) reboot. Go back to the crazy gadgets and stupid humor, but in a more modern context and with updated gameplay, something closer to Bulletstorm and Doom 2016. They kept hinting at the fact that Duke isn't dead, and what better moment to announce it if they are working on it?

Cincaid

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden

He keeps on teasing. I'm fearing for his health and safety if they're not announcing Borderlands 3 tomorrow.

Personally I think they'll announce it, but I really hope they'll give the release date as well and not blue ball us any longer. And I hope that date is soon.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Was the chance of Borderlands 2 for switch already shot down?
It's either Borderlands 2 for SteamVR or both SteamVR + Switch.

Thing is, Sony's exclusivity deal with Gearbox on BL2VR ends in like a month. Supposedly it's meant to come out for SteamVR on May 15th so it's very likely we'll get an announcement for that. Switch version could happen, though.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Please have something for Switch, Randy. I'll buy whatever you bring, even Battleborn port.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Please have something for Switch, Randy. I'll buy whatever you bring, even Battleborn port.
I'd expect at the bare minimum Bulletstorm which is a great game in its own right.

Although Gearbox bringing over BL1 or 2 for the Switch would be great.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping they take a page from the community patch for BL2 and make it so we can farm quest reward items to get better parts/rolls for it.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the announcement for bl3 is like
"Since you all have phones, heres borderlands 3!"
"A mobile battle royale!"
"Just kidding, heres a trailer"

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hm curious to see if we get the old borderlands games on switch, I'd be interested

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I hope the announcement for bl3 is like
"Since you all have phones, heres borderlands 3!"
"A mobile battle royale!"
"Just kidding, heres a trailer"
You just know Randy is gonna pull some dumb shit like that off, haha.

It's going to be funny reading this thread when it happens.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
They've gotta be putting Borderlands on Switch because the MONEY is there. I imagine it would be a success on that marketplace and the costs/benefits analysis would probably agree. Didn't Iron Galaxy do the Vita port? They'd probably have a much easier time going to Switch, but do we know what Panic Button has been up to since their work on Warframe?