• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hope everyone is having fun playing it. Sp was pretty good but its uninstalled now as I'm terrible at MP haha.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
The things about these is that there really isn't anything else analogous to compare it to. It sounds like a big win for GamePass, but I don't know what that really means in the grand scheme of things because MS is the only one doing anything like this

True, but unless someone really cares about corporate crap then as a video gamer Xbox Game Pass is hands down the most amazing thing to happen for gamers this generation and going into next generation IMO. Let the trillion dollar company worry about their models and such, but I will be playing Gears 5 and then Outer Worlds on Game Pass next month :)

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
It's hard to tell if 3 million players is its early weekend or if it means by its second weekend, which would be its first official weekend.

Regardless that's good.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I'm looking forward to getting a Game Pass trail to blast through the campaign mode. Love a bit of Gears.

I've still got my qualms about how this business model is going to work in the long-run, and whether it really is a profitable way of funding blockbuster game development, but I've heard great things about the Gears 5 campaign and so I'm excited to get stuck in.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Enormous congrats to Microsoft and The Coalition!

I really don't get why we still keep getting the UK retail threads and making conclusions out of it.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (1 week): platform warring, accumulated infractions
Very much deserved (pretty low bar though)

Aug 26, 2018
Can someone tell me if this is Friday-Sunday or Friday-Monday? It says weekend but then also says includes 4 day early access.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats !!
Though comparing player data for games pre-GamePass with them post-Gamepass is a bit unfair.
When you change up the metric of success within a generation it makes these comparisons difficult.....every big game will (or should) have a bigger player stats compared to what we had prior GamePass and the games being multiplattform.

It makes things easier for the PR team though :-)

We can at least use Gears 5 as the standard for upcoming big releases and compare the PR speech around other releases - though i doubt MS will make it easy to really compare the numbers of these launches.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved. It's a fantastic game and The Coalition has again proven that the series is in good hands with them.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Congrats !!
Though comparing player data for games pre-GamePass with them post-Gamepass isnt really fair.
When you change up the metric of success within a generation it makes these comparison a bit useless.....every big game will have a bigger player stats compared to what we had prior GamePass and the games being multiplattform.

It makes things easier for the PR team though :-)

We can at least use Gears 5 as the standard for upcoming big releases and compare the PR speech around other releases - though i doubt MS will make it easy to really compare the numbers of these launches.

This was a well deserved launch and a big stage setter for Halo Infinite at Scarlett launch that will just be mind blowing in terms of first week player numbers on both Xbox and PC.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

But...but...

Deserved!
Amazing game, one of the best of the year so far.
Congrats XGS and The Collective o/

GAME PASS is life <3
Lol. Halo Infinite will easily surpass this and seeing TC already putting out a number of job openings for their next project is definitely a good sign. Keep pumping put those AAA titles. :)

Oh...what was that bar?
Lol. GP has continued to grow and improve...There is currently nothing that comes close to the quality of Game Pass.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to the team for their hard work and success! I haven't played the game, but it seems like a truly fantastic experience based on everything I've seen and read.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Enormous congrats to Microsoft and The Coalition!

I really don't get why we still keep getting the UK retail threads and making conclusions out of it.
The answer is almost always childish console wars when it comes to exclusives. Sales threads are filled with that type of stuff, and its obvious.

On Topic: Congrats to Coalition. Definitely my game of the year. Massive game, with fantastic multiplayer and singleplayer which is extrmeley rare for a game to pull off.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
This was a well deserved launch and a big stage setter for Halo Infinite at Scarlett launch that will just be mind blowing in terms of first week player numbers on both Xbox and PC.
I completely agree - im happy for MS and that they way they adapted to new market realities seems to be working.
Gears 5 setting the standard for big first Party releases.

Just dont think the comparison with past (pre-GamePass) titles helps as much - since we used to use the PR speech to compare or get more information about performance from individual titles.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Platform wars, Trolling, Numerous prior infractions for similar behavior
Wow. thats $3 million in revenue!

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Congratulations to Microsoft on their well deserved success on PC. Not only did they deliver a stellar PC version, they also provided customers with all sorts of options on how and where to buy the game and they were rewarded for it. The only thing they need to address is pricing in Europe, 70€ is way too much money for a game, especially for poorer EU countries.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Drive by trolling.
This is classic MS spin. I love the way they weave all these different metics together to paint this picture.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
If it gets more people onto Game Pass, or buying it outright, it's a win for MS.

Of course they need to convert the trials into long term members, but I think if they keep the support for Gears going and games like Outer World's are good then people will stick with the service.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The multiplayer suite is phenomenal and it's the best looking game I've played on a technical level.

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
40% of people who had S4.0 in August 2017 were registered on Trueachievements.
Percentage is the same for ach. And I'll Form The Head! , with 365 people having that achievement on that site, while 0.03% of the playerbase has that achievment. 365* 100/0.03 /0.4 = 3 million. Not completely accurate, as achievement completion rate may be rounded from let's say 0.025 to 0.035.

Gears 4 had about 11-13 million players lifetime using that metric. In August of 2017 it had 6.4M+, in June 2018 - 8M+(eight million is from official source). S4.0 is at 0.07 completion rate with 3445 TA users with that achievement. 3445* 100/0.07/0.4 = 12.3M

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
3 million... I was expecting way more with that $2 deal on both console and PC. But maybe I'm just reading too much Era.

Still a great number tho. Probably only Halo will break it.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Please elaborate on the weirdness you are feeling.

"biggest launch" a long time ago meant means people who bough the game, whenever it is to play instantly or to resell 15 years later still sealed in box.

So are they counting people who owns the possibility to play gears or just the people who played? Is the game pass money going all to gears people or it also goes to every other game? if it goes to others does it mean it is counting as a person who gave just cents to the devs?