• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
I've encountered so many glitches in this game, none of them gamebreaking, but a hilarious one just came up.

In Act IV Chapter 2,

The swarmak spawned on the road and Fahz just drove right straight through with the Swarmak at the hood of the truck. I thought it was all part of the game. Then when the actual fight with the swarmak began, the swarmak was stuck in the area between the two machineguns. Still assuming this was a part of the game as intended, I manned the machinegun and spammed the grenade launcher and brought down the Swarmak to like 10% health before the game insta-killed me.

When the game reloaded the checkpoint, the Swarmak spawned on the far end of the road and I realised it wasn't a real fight at all, and the Cole cutscene played.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
I've encountered so many glitches in this game, none of them gamebreaking, but a hilarious one just came up.

In Act IV Chapter 2,

The swarmak spawned on the road and Fahz just drove right straight through with the Swarmak at the hood of the truck. I thought it was all part of the game. Then when the actual fight with the swarmak began, the swarmak was stuck in the area between the two machineguns. Still assuming this was a part of the game as intended, I manned the machinegun and spammed the grenade launcher and brought down the Swarmak to like 10% health before the game insta-killed me.

When the game reloaded the checkpoint, the Swarmak spawned on the far end of the road and I realised it wasn't a real fight at all, and the Cole cutscene played.

You really do fight that swarmak. Cole only comes in after you fight it a bit.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has already been asked, there's a lot of thread to read, but in Escape on the menu what does the "Skills x/y" bit mean?

My Hive one says 8/30 and my past hive ones are all out of 15 but the number seems to change every time I log in.
so that means you have 8 cards unlocked across all characters in Escape.

the numbers are changing each time you log in because the servers are still jacked up and will update at odd times.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The audio effects in this game sound really compressed to me but I'm not sure if it's just my setup? For example, any time I get a headshot it kind of hurts my ears. Sounds very scratchy.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
Just started game with the boot camp and the first words out of my mouth were holy shit. I don't usually react to graphics like that, but damn this game looks good.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
i'm trying to install this through the windows store after signing up for game pass, and its just giving me a denied icon thing when I hover over install, and it tells me to add a trusted device? And then when I go to my devices, my current pc is listed as a trusted device? I'm very confused

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
i'm trying to install this through the windows store after signing up for game pass, and its just giving me a denied icon thing when I hover over install, and it tells me to add a trusted device? And then when I go to my devices, my current pc is listed as a trusted device? I'm very confused
You need the Xbox Beta app, which itself only works after updating windows.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
You're not having fun getting 10 kills with Heavy Weapons?

The missions are absolutely fine since you can do them in every mode, it's what you get that's questionable. It's the same "common" garbage that you get as re-up rewards at the moment. There's no fun in getting normal looking flags and costumes from the f'n campaign.

"Quality Content".

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else not able to play the game?, Yesterday and some hours ago it was working fine but now it just sits there loading ad infinitum after the "press button" to start/continue screen. Tried uninstalling and instaling again just in case but made no difference :/

Playing on PC via PC gamepass (not ultimate) if that matters.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Anyone else not able to play the game?, Yesterday and some hours ago it was working fine but now it just sits there loading ad infinitum after the "press button" to start/continue screen. Tried uninstalling and instaling again just in case but made no difference :/

Playing on PC via gamepass if that matters.

Mine has been working fine all afternoon. That's super weird :(

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

Playing on PC via PC gamepass (not ultimate) if that matters.

It's the server issues. Try going offline and see that fixes your issue.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Does anyone have issues where voice chat on PC doesn't work but you can hear Xbox players? I don't know how to fix it.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Where can I see achievements when playing on PC? 🧐

Reached chapter 2 in the campaign. I'm starting to enjoy it more and more. Chapter 1 was very solid. Still wondering if/how I can play the campaign in co-op with randoms.

Or does anyone want to add me as a friend? I have zero friends on my Microsoft account, using it first time for this game. 😀

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
The missions are absolutely fine since you can do them in every mode, it's what you get that's questionable. It's the same "common" garbage that you get as re-up rewards at the moment. There's no fun in getting normal looking flags and costumes from the f'n campaign.

"Quality Content".
Gotta play it safe so people won't complain day 1 about cosmetics not fitting Gears.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Where can I see achievements when playing on PC?

Reached chapter 2 in the campaign. I'm starting to enjoy it more and more. Chapter 1 was very solid. Still wondering if/how I can play the campaign in co-op with randoms.

You have to go to the "Xbox Console Companion" app. You could also download the app to your phone so when you get an achievement you get a little happy ding on your phone for it too :P

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
It's the server issues. Try going offline and see that fixes your issue.

Forgot to say that tried that too, launching the game offline (no internet at all on the computer) would neat the same result, all the way to the title screen but then infinite loading. Asked some people around and a friend on gamepass has the same issue while one that bought the game can launch it without issues.. kinda weird.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Forgot to say that tried that too, launching the game offline (no internet at all on the computer) would neat the same result, all the way to the title screen but then infinite loading. Asked some people around and a friend on gamepass has the same issue while one that bought the game can launch it without issues.. kinda weird.

Do you have decent enough internet to redownload it? I'm also playing on the gamepass.

Jun 22, 2018
Where can I see achievements when playing on PC? 🧐

Or does anyone want to add me as a friend? I have zero friends on my Microsoft account, using it first time for this game. 😀
Xbox companion app or just go to the website Xbox

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA

Oof sorry man. Do you have an Xbox where you can try to confirm if it's a server issue?

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta play it safe so people won't complain day 1 about cosmetics not fitting Gears.
Eh that's a weak excuse, they probably just didn't have time and the character system makes it so that they can't use models already in like Barid, Carmines without some gameplay elements(or lock them up as a reward).

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Eh that's a weak excuse, they probably just didn't have time and the character system makes it so that they can't use models already in like Barid, Carmines without some gameplay elements(or lock them up as a reward).
There's not a lot of skins for the base characters. And the ones that are there are really safe. Esports and Aape Kait are the only ones that are very different from the rest. I think they should have transferred over more skins from 4 into 5. It would have been great to see all the skins you collected come over.

Last edited:

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
There's not a lot of skins for the base characters. And the ones that are there are really safe.
Yah but they are missing stuff like their outriders stuff and young marcus(without gilded) which should be fine for people worried about aesthetics. My point is that the game has a lot of skins they could use but the character system is means that a lot are unused right now like Barid's three outfits, which is probably why there are so little skins right now.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's incredibly evident when you play against PC players, Kill cams see to that. And its 100% BULLSHIT that you can't disable crossplay in unranked.

The other inconsistency I don't get is it often feels like the enemy can shoot out of a roadie run or right when they slide in cover. Roadie run especially. I see an enemy roadie rushing me and they seem to shoot basically IMMEDIATELY without there being a penalty for coming out of the run. Thought it was just a mechanic so I tried it and lo and behold, there is a very slight delay between roadie run and being able to shoot your gnasher.

Maybe its an animation issue. But sometimes it feels like people can fire faster than me. Active Reload?

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know you can use mouse and keyboard on console for this game. Does that put you in the pc pool if you disable crossplay in ranked?

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding the Digital Ultimate edition. I preordered it but the DLC downloads (Terminator, Reach, boost packs) are not showing up in my game add ons/downloads on xbox?

I'm only asking because im not seeing the reach characters.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I asked this earlier and didn't get an answer. Does anyone know yet please?

Are relic weapons one-off, or can you find them again later?

I'm holding on to the Relic Longshot for dear life.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Well that's fucking awesome. I was just scrolling on the YouTube App and saw a video with a title that grabbed my attention. Get to the page and before I can navigate away, I see the first sentence of the description with a huge spoiler for something I haven't gotten to yet. Seriously. Fuck influencers. At least have half a brain and put spoilers below the fold or put "spoilers" in the title for poor souls like me who happen upon a video by accident.

Why am I even playing the game now?

Bullshit.

Paragraf

May 31, 2019
Russia
Maybe its an animation issue. But sometimes it feels like people can fire faster than me. Active Reload?
Yes. In 5, active reload increases the rate of fire on autos. Claw with active reload is a freaking beast, for example, with increased fire rate, accuracy and knockback effect.

Are relic weapons one-off, or can you find them again later?
One-off, like req weapons in halo 5 campaign. Fortunately, gears has ammo crates. Relic torque bow is sooooo good.