• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SirThou

Oct 27, 2017
The Tour of Duty medals are a little weird. Most can be earned through natural progression, some can be earned by kinda grinding things I wouldn't do as much of otherwise (JD Lancer GL Horde comes to mind), and then there's the two Hive Master ones. Wtf.

Hoping that once I get my Escape guys up in levels that it'll be a little easier to tackle! I got whooped with Randoms on the third difficulty tier, the one after Intermediate. But that's at level 2/3.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Man I hope next gen starts to bring some huge advancements to AI. Six games later and your team mates are not only still useless, they're literally a detriment to you.

Vj27

Feb 10, 2019
Man people really don't like icebound. Every time I play any mode it's the least picked. I don't think it's the best but shit I'd still pick it over training grounds lol.

Jan 4, 2018
Man I hope next gen starts to bring some huge advancements to AI. Six games later and your team mates are not only still useless, they're literally a detriment to you.

I was playing Horde with bots and got grabbed by a ghoulie (sire) and my AI soldier literally just followed us at point blank range without firing until the timer ran out and I got executed.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, just noticed the store updated and Gears 5 is the top played game ahead of Fortnite this week. Not bad Game Pass. (store update would have been before the official launch today I think)

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So is it safe for me and my wife to try and get through the campaign or is there still issues with saves and things not progressing properly?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
So is it safe for me and my wife to try and get through the campaign or is there still issues with saves and things not progressing properly?
Things are mostly ironed out. Only thing that still gives me issues is checking match results.
Haha yeah I enjoyed the dialog between all of them. What an amazing game.
The dialogue is absolutely one of the strongest elements of the game. It's funny without being overly Whedonesque. Given Gears 4's cast felt like they came out of the graduating class of Joss Whedon Character Writing University, it's refreshing that Gears 5's dialogue is able to be charming, campy, and natural without being overdone (such as Gears 4's recurring gag of JD and Del trying to determine if something is ironic or not).

There's moments in the game where the actors make the characters feel genuinely believable. Not to mention John DiMaggio, who should absolutely just be "that guy who is also innumerable cartoon characters" is able to completely sell you on the fact that he's Marcus Fenix.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Things are mostly ironed out. Only thing that still gives me issues is checking match results.

The dialogue is absolutely one of the strongest elements of the game. It's funny without being overly Whedonesque. Given Gears 4's cast felt like they came out of the graduating class of Joss Whedon Character Writing University, it's refreshing that Gears 5's dialogue is able to be charming, campy, and natural without being overdone (such as Gears 4's recurring gag of JD and Del trying to determine if something is ironic or not).

There's moments in the game where the actors make the characters feel genuinely believable. Not to mention John DiMaggio, who should absolutely just be "that guy who is also innumerable cartoon characters" is able to completely sell you on the fact that he's Marcus Fenix.
Even when doing the side quests their dialog didn't feel disconnected and part of the journey. Felt like you were meant to do these things.

I think it was funny in act 3 with padock and Delta interacting lol I wonder if any of it was improve because like you said, some felt very natural.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back into gears since 2016 ultimate. Walked into MP and immediately noticed the lack of characters. Coalition cared more about promoting terminator than making my boy Cole playable? The fuck?

What's going on here?

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This audio issue making everything sound muffled and distant with wireless headsets blows hard. Here's hoping for a speedy fix.

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Man people really don't like icebound. Every time I play any mode it's the least picked. I don't think it's the best but shit I'd still pick it over training grounds lol.
It drives me nuts when people pick Asylum over Icebound. Asylum is literally a terrible map. The only worse map is Exhibit.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back into gears since 2016 ultimate. Walked into MP and immediately noticed the lack of characters. Coalition cared more about promoting terminator than making my boy Cole playable? The fuck?

What's going on here?

Characters will be added in each Operation which is a 3 month season. Each character is being made to work in Arcade meaning they have to have some sort of ability so it's not just skin swaps.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody want to start an experienced campaign with me? Just got it downloaded from PC game pass and I'm kind of new to how Xbox works on this.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017

What's going on here?

I'm gonna be real, I'm already sick of these goddamn Terminators.

I'm going to wager this has more to do with Microsoft's marketing deal and the studio being forced to makes these characters. I mean really, that movie is going to bomb just like the last three attempts.

this could have easily been a Marvel/Rambo/Fast&Furious/JohnWick cross-over.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason i really enjoyed tge skiff in Act 3 more than Act 2. I barely did side stuff in Act 3, but felt inclined to do it all in Act 3.

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to wager this has more to do with Microsoft's marketing deal and the studio being forced to makes these characters. I mean really, that movie is going to bomb just like the last three attempts.

I would have preferred any of those lol

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
I know people are probably sick of these questions but what's the general consensus of playing the campaign online at this point? Still having checkpoint/progress bugs?

I've been playing offline since Saturday, connecting from the main menu every now and then to pop achievements. However, even after connecting my playtime is way off and collectibles aren't registering for overall completion...

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
I know people are probably sick of these questions but what's the general consensus of playing the campaign online at this point? Still having checkpoint/progress bugs?

I've been playing offline since Saturday, connecting from the main menu every now and then to pop achievements. However, even after connecting my playtime is way off and collectibles aren't registering for overall completion...

i probably wont touch the SP until they issue a patch or two

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
This is by far my least favorite Gears multiplayer. Like what the fuck is this gnasher. It feels so inconsistent even if I'm getting 20+ kills with it. Doesn't help that people are killing me from impossible angles in one shot while I'm in cover. I'm hoping it's just a ping issue because almost everyone has 70+ ping.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Even when doing the side quests their dialog didn't feel disconnected and part of the journey. Felt like you were meant to do these things.

I think it was funny in act 3 with padock and Delta interacting lol I wonder if any of it was improve because like you said, some felt very natural.
Given the game's cutscenes were recorded with performance capture, I'd wager at least some of the lines were ad libbed.
This is by far my least favorite Gears multiplayer. Like what the fuck is this gnasher. It feels so inconsistent even if I'm getting 20+ kills with it. Doesn't help that people are killing me from impossible angles in one shot while I'm in cover. I'm hoping it's just a ping issue because almost everyone has 70+ ping.
Bullet magnetism in Gears 5 is unbelievably strong. You can shoot someone in the knees, and the game will register as a hit dead-center on the torso. Similarly, clipping an arm with a few pellets can register as all pellets hitting the gut.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Out of all the gears game this is the one i can play without lag and 300 ping lol. I'm not a gears mp fanatic anymore but goddamn blowing away 4 people with Gnasher feels so good. Reached 34 in mp

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

They changed the weapons from bloom to recoil and added lots of helpful hit markers and bullet spread indicators. It's a learning curve for sure but I don't notice too much of a difference

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
So have they said how to get the Bloodsprays that are related to other games like Hellblade, Forza Horizon 4, etc?

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise

They have the same problem as MK with some IP holders/celebs not being ok with their characters being brutally blown apart.