• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Do the featured hive from last week under past hives. Right before the safe room there's a Scion that has a Cryo Cannon. Take that and then after after the safe room there's a chance it'll spawn a bunch of juvies (if not you'll have to restart). Tap fire the Cryo Cannon on them and it'll kill them after a handful of taps then pause and restart act.

You can also get grenades from the supply rooms earlier in the hive so you can farm those at the same spot too.

I did both of those at that spot, probably took less than 45 min.

Do you know what the hive map is called?

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Playing on Insane just highlights how poorly designed the Relic guns are. They're classed as their own so weapon you're basically out of ammo 90% of the time if you're using one that only refills with red boxes. You can't drop them if they have no ammo because they'll disappear so you end up having it take up a slot doing nothing. How finding and trying to use "rare" weapons on the hardest difficulty become a liability makes no sense.

Yeah, really disappointed in how they handle relic weapons.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
So I've reached what I can only assume is the boss of Act 3 on insane. It hasn't exactly been a picnic but upgrading Jack's abilities is absolutely essential. I'm enjoying the campaign regardless and it's nice seeing Judgement get some recognition in this Act, but I feel like the set pieces thus far haven't been up to the levels of prior games. The boss I'm fighting being the one sole exception so far.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Gears 4 has been really fun so far. I think i'm close to the end and will finally be able to play gears 5. I wanna see how much they improved

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Masterful delivery of one of the greatest lines ever written -

Shut the fuck up Fahz
Gears 4 had shades of it, but Gears 5 is the first time I've heard Marcus speak and really felt "that's Marcus Fenix" and not "that's John DiMaggio, someone give him a lozenge". That's not a dig at his performance in previous entries of the series, either; it's more that the writing in this game feels so natural and human, that it brings an air of legitimacy to the characters that wasn't present in previous games in the series.

I've been playing Gears 2 with a friend of mine, and while the level design holds up, the writing and acting absolutely does not (especially Carlos Ferro, whose wooden delivery isn't complimented at all by the awful cinematography). It improves somewhat as the story goes on, but it's not interested in telling a story as much as it is focused on creating a framework for exceptionally fun and varied combat encounters.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
I have a lot of issues with this game but there is still very little else that gives me that gears multi feeling.

I can't even really explain it but there gears multi for me is just the best

I played a KOTH match before and it was one of the most tense matches I've ever played, every hill was like a 10 minute struggle for capture and everyone had over 80 kills by the end of the match.

Pretty sure I was shaking when we finally won. You don't get that in other games, well I don't at least.

Oct 26, 2017
so uhhh.

What in the fuck is up with this "bullet magnetism" BS.

There net code needs some serious work, i am seeing people sling shotting running 1.5x speed.

had an instance in which someone teleported and I think it was the netcode correcting their placement.

Ive noticed severe magnetism on bullets so much so when two people are next to each other and if you aim at one it pulls the bullets towards the other.

seriously wtf is this shit. was none of this tested?

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
so uhhh.

What in the fuck is up with this "bullet magnetism" BS.

There net code needs some serious work, i am seeing people sling shotting running 1.5x speed.

had an instance in which someone teleported and I think it was the netcode correcting their placement.

Ive noticed severe magnetism on bullets so much so when two people are next to each other and if you aim at one it pulls the bullets towards the other.

seriously wtf is this shit. was none of this tested?

I'm fairly confident that the bullet magnetism is by design. I don't really see how something like this can be an accident. There's also a reason it's turned off in Escalation (and now Execution).

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018
I'm playing Act 3 and it looks really bad to me. Maybe it's just a matter of taste, but I'm a bit surprised how it looks, even more since Act 2 (especially Kadar) looked really great. The single-colored red sand looks almost like something from the previous gen. I get it's just an artistic choice, but still. The interior parts look good, but the outside is just strange. Anyone else thinks so, too?

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man I haven't been so hooked on a Gears game like this before. The Multi is sooo good. Just needs more maps now!

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Quickplay and Arcade are full of literal bots ruining matches while Ranked is full of toxic assholes spoiling the fun.

I tell people I don't want to fight bots, I want to fight real players. I get told to play Ranked. I play Ranked and get stomped because bots don't prep me for fighting real players. I get told to go back to QP.

I've received more hate mail for my performance in this game than I have in literally any other game I've ever played, and I've only been playing for two weeks.

Anyway, this game's matchmaking is terrible.

Deleted member 23908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whats a supply drop? I've seen the message saying I have a supply drop but not sure what that is.

And how do I get iron to buy stuff from the store?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Whats a supply drop? I've seen the message saying I have a supply drop but not sure what that is.

And how do I get iron to buy stuff from the store?
1. They're random drops you automatically receive after playing for a certain amount of time.

2. You buy it with real money. You can also earn a paltry amount in the Tour.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Quickplay and Arcade are full of literal bots ruining matches while Ranked is full of toxic assholes spoiling the fun.

I tell people I don't want to fight bots, I want to fight real players. I get told to play Ranked. I play Ranked and get stomped because bots don't prep me for fighting real players. I get told to go back to QP.

I've received more hate mail for my performance in this game than I have in literally any other game I've ever played, and I've only been playing for two weeks.

Anyway, this game's matchmaking is terrible.
I agree, the matching with bots is too much in this game. I really love the multiplayer but that is always a negative especially if your team has more bots. There should be an option to not allow bots in tradeoff for slower matchmaking at least.

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Beat the campaign.

It was pretty fun, but the constant fighting at the end became kinda tiring. However, were there ANY new enemies in this game?

I've only played 1, 4, and 5, so I am definitely a noob with this series, but I found that aspect of 5 to be highly disappointing. I fought the same shet that I fought in 4, plus there were no sequences of me being in a giant mech.

The game is perfect for Game Pass, though.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
So many Ranked games see me being verbally harassed or receiving shit like this after the game.

I don't want to play a game with a fanbase that, after 13 years, only got more toxic.

douJmWI.png

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I got through this one pretty easy on solo Experienced. Just go up and to the left next to the door (as far as you can go) and plant grenades along the way. Then focus on shooting the poppers and the ice under the Scions. Even the shielded ones will drop right through. Only a few Juvies got anywhere near me and the others have to shoot up to you.
Thanks. :)

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I have a Tour of Duty objective that says "Get 5 Ring Captures in Versus" and I just did that in one King of the Hill match but they aren't registering. Is there something special I should be doing? Also, is there a place somewhere that has a list of all the Tour of Duty daily objectives somewhere and what they mean?

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I have a Tour of Duty objective that says "Get 5 Ring Captures in Versus" and I just did that in one King of the Hill match but they aren't registering. Is there something special I should be doing? Also, is there a place somewhere that has a list of all the Tour of Duty daily objectives somewhere and what they mean?

My brother had this same problem last night and just ended up rerolling it. It's odd because I had 7 ring captures in versus yesterday morning and it worked fine in ranked KOTH.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I just wanted to say I'm a fan of Kait's hairstyle. Looking at it closely, I see there's a ponytail, that's quite thick and long plus the cut overall is layered.

Just sayin'.

CSX

Oct 27, 2017
https://twitter.com/CSX142857
Two buddies and I are planning to boot up the game for the first time next weekend for 3player campaign coop. However, I just found out that the 3rd player has to play as some sort of drone. Since the game's been out for a while now, what's the experience like for the player that has to be the drone? Can the players swap between playing as the drone or a person?

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Anyone else seeing long wait times for matches? And not a lot of full lobbies either.

For a game that just launched there seems to be a disconnect with MS saying 3 million players and having a big online player base?

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Two buddies and I are planning to boot up the game for the first time next weekend for 3player campaign coop. However, I just found out that the 3rd player has to play as some sort of drone. Since the game's been out for a while now, what's the experience like for the player that has to be the drone? Can the players swap between playing as the drone or a person?

When you get into the pre-game lobby for the campaign it lets you choose which character you want to play so you can definitely switch off it'll just require you to back out to the lobby.

As far as the experience, expect to do a lot support stuff and interacting with a lot of buttons, doors, etc.

Jul 10, 2018
I finished the campaign around a week ago and I've been thinking about what the general consensus is on the skiff/ open area segments of the game.

I see a lot of people saying it kills the games pacing and while I see why they would say that, I personally think the skiff and bigger map actually adds a little gameplay diversity by adding exploration and side quests. Sure the world is barren (abiet gorgeous) but the map is small enough and you get around fast enough that it never felt dull to me.

For me it made the pacing better as it wasn't always point A to point B while shooting mobs like Gears has tradionally been. I do agree they could have maybe tried to make the open areas a little more interesting in terms of interaction and things to see but overall I don't think it was a detriment to the campaigns pacing.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else seeing long wait times for matches? And not a lot of full lobbies either.

For a game that just launched there seems to be a disconnect with MS saying 3 million players and having a big online player base?
You're on PC, right? On console it's been quick. The most I've waited is close to 2 minutes.