• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They should really make an arcade version of horde, 20 waves without the summary between each round, everybody quits around that time or sooner anyways.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
Seriously, who designed this mess of a uix?

Can't do anything in between matches,pretty much just watch loading screen. You also have little time to vote or look at your match points. And, you can't see the score board. Just had a match full of mics, we wanted to party up and there was no way. (recent players list is also broken currently on dash).

Game should have had a open beta before gamepass early access. I feel if they did that they could have used the early gamepass access as a way to load UI changes and get feedback.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
They should really make an arcade version of horde, 20 waves without the summary between each round, everybody quits around that time or sooner anyways.

Agreed, a bit of a misstep that you cant quick play into a horde mode and set how many waves you wanna do (ie you have time for a 20 match but not 50) Odd, and would help w/ ppl leaving.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, who designed this mess of a uix?

Can't do anything in between matches,pretty much just watch loading screen. You also have little time to vote or look at your match points. And, you can't see the score board. Just had a match full of mics, we wanted to party up and there was no way. (recent players list is also broken currently on dash).

I thought Gears4 UIX was bad, but this takes the cake. It's thoroughly confusing.

They should get rid of the summary period. Just let users pull up the scoreboard whenever they want to see that stuff.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
So I've installed the Ultimate Edition on my PC via Gamepass and when I went into the video options and the option to install the Ultra texture pack, after pressing to confirm the entire game has just hung.
No progress bar, no responsiveness, nothing.

Is it just downloading the textures in the background with no progress bar and the game hangs completely in the meantime?
Is it because the game itself is still downloading via the Xbox app and I'm playing while it downloads?

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Sorry if this was previously asked but has anyone seen a good comparison vid of 2P vs 3P split screen performance on S/X? I've only seen the DF video with 3P. Is performance any different with only 2 people?

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just completed it

giphy.gif

Wasnt feeling it at first, but kept creeping up getting better and better until I was absolutely hooked in, damn fine game. MK4 Lancer and Boltok was my jam (Seriously the Boltok on PC is ridiculously OP, instagib headshots all over the shop). Didnt care much for the open world segments (Metro Exodus anyone?), it was basically a long journey to get onto the next Gearsy missions, wasnt too bad thankfully. Then the final act kicks in and its all out, right up my street.

Better than Gears 4 i'd say.

petetnt

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing this nearly through Act 2 I guess and you know what: if someone said that this was futuristic DLC to the new God Of War I'd believe them.

(I liked GoW so that's a good thing)

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do PC players get mixed in with console players? I just played my second match and I was ludicrously destroying everyone. That or I was up against a team of players playing their first GoW?

YaW

Jan 11, 2018
Do PC players get mixed in with console players? I just played my second match and I was ludicrously destroying everyone. That or I was up against a team of players playing their first GoW?
There's crossplay yes. However, I think devs said in the past that they didn't see a real difference in player performance between PC and Xbox.

Odelpha

Oct 17, 2018
Everything about the campaign is just brilliant. Breathtaking visuals (the Unreal engine really came a long way), diverse weapons with active reload which feels great and is addictive, great conversations and voice acting, scary and diverse enemies, Jack is very well done and has abilities and upgrades, signal scanning is cool, and so on and so on. The Coalition did an amazing job !!!

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Everything about the campaign is just brilliant. Breathtaking visuals (the Unreal engine really came a long way), diverse weapons with active reload which feels great and is addictive, great conversations and voice acting, scary and diverse enemies, Jack is very well done and has abilities and upgrades, signal scanning is cool, and so on and so on. The Coalition did an amazing job !!!

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Is the 3rd player always a robot thing in the campaign?

Yes, one of you will have to play the robot. He's quite different and despite some issues with the camera and navigating elevations, it's a lot of fun to play him. He's also extremely powerful after some upgrades and in many ways a solution to some of the tougher campaign moments, though his abilities often require coordination between players to get the maximum effect.

I hope it's a permanent addition to the series going forward. With skills requiring coordination, it can often lead to better teamwork in campaign and even when you don't choose to do so, there's a lot of options available in most situations. Skills could have been balanced better, as it often feels like you don't have time to use most of them, due to only being allowed two slots, each sending everything in that slot row into cooldown when used. A better system would be preferred in the sequel, but it's not enough to diminish how fun the robot is to play.

Give it a chance.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Almost every post from you is over top praise, quoting people who agree and complaining about the "low" reviews so I guess we complement each other perfectly.

Nah, we don't.

I give the game it's due praise, not over the top praise. You're simply here to whine and you do it in every topic concerning the game, so if it's such a bad game why even bother continuing to play it or shit post in a topic dedicated to it where almost everyone else is enjoying it?

Your complaints are barely valid at that. You're here simply to tear the game down and others have pointed it out as well.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
I keep getting error code 'Ragani' every time I try to match for Escape. :(

Same for me. Wtf is the issue here? I want some Escape in my life...

Edit: I went to the support site it gives you and looked up technical issues and they have a whole list of in-universe names of issues for the game and what they mean.

For 'RAGANI', which I keep getting now it says...

"Lobby service closed the lobby as it failed to allocate a server"

So it's server related issues it seems.

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same for me. Wtf is the issue here? I want some Escape in my life...

Edit: I went to the support site it gives you and looked up technical issues and they have a whole list of in-universe names of issues for the game and what they mean.

For 'RAGANI', which I keep getting now it says...

"Lobby service closed the lobby as it failed to allocate a server"

So it's server related issues it seems.

Yeah, fairly sure its an issue with them. It'll probably take some time before they notice and fix it. =\

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone help? I'm stuck on act 2 chapter 2, can't get Del to jump back on the skiff after opening the first gate

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was just getting Ragani too.

Freaking been trying to get into a horde match in the past half-hour and it's been as clown shoes as it was during launch.

Wait forever for the matchmaking to put me in a game, then it kicks me out with no message then a few minutes later the "Ragani" message will pop up. One time I was trying to play in a custom match and I guess the host would never just start the match even though it was then full (for a while), so people started leaving and I eventually became the host. We only had 3 people then but I started because we'd been waiting forever and for some reason it started the countdown, backed out again, and my controller stopped registering inputs and I couldn't start again.

I guess I should try out that GearsERA lfg thingy since it's there and hasn't really been used yet.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
hey guys, for some reason, horde keeps quitting to main menu a few seconds before launch. is it working for you guys? (PC player)
I've been getting the same thing on Xbox One. It's really irritating because when it finally gets there you're like "God! A match is finally starting!" Then it just boots you out right before it actually starts lol.
I just posted an LFG message in GearsERA. Hoping that'll work to finally get a game in with other, actual people.

Never mind... I can't even start a horde match solo, and after the "server allocation fails" message I have to quit and restart the game to be able to do anything again because it won't let me try to restart the match or leave the lobby. I'm just stuck there.

Last edited:

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Was completing a challenge in co-op vs ai when I noticed this. Definitely doesn't seem right.

They changed to shooting from the barrel of the gun isntead of center of the screen a while back. Right Hand Advantage is very much a thing and this isn't an issue, unless I'm missunderstanding the footage. The reticle isn't a 3d element that changes based on what geometry you're targetting, it's a fixed point on the screen your character is shooting towards.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Well, good news is they finally noticed. No ETA though yet.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
They changed to shooting from the barrel of the gun isntead of center of the screen a while back. Right Hand Advantage is very much a thing and this isn't an issue, unless I'm missunderstanding the footage. The reticle isn't a 3d element that changes based on what geometry you're targetting, it's a fixed point on the screen your character is shooting towards.

I know Gears has always had some level of weirdness with aiming around corners and the reticle not always being perfect but those shots are far enough away that it just seems odd to me. Like they're not lined up with where the reticle says I'm supposed to be shooting at all.

Maybe I'll run some further tests on it.

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I know Gears has always had some level of weirdness with aiming around corners and the reticle not always being perfect but those shots are far enough away that it just seems odd to me. Like they're not lined up with where the reticle says I'm supposed to be shooting at all.

Maybe I'll run some further tests on it.
I've seen a lot of these complaints with Gears5 that maybe there's something there, but every single example has had the intended target on the left and the shots landing 'too far' on the right which seems normal to me what with all non-cover situations having your gun held more towards the left side of the screen.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
And tour of duty done!
Now 2 months of no grind lol

And just as expected from gears 3 team metal is best skin on EVERY gun.