• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If I have GP Ultimate, it is worthy to use my digital code of the ultimate edition to gain more perks?

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
So, may I ask a question about gamepass here? It's related to Gears and I don't think it warrants a new thread.

So is gamepass what I think it is? I was checking if it was available here in Brazil (it is, beta for PC) and there is a nice discount. It's a monthly subscription that allows to me to play every game in there for "free"? Including the upcoming Gears 5? And all other Micrososoft games (I'm thinking of the Halos remastered in the future)? It feels way too good.

But it also says about buying games with a promotional price. I'm assuming this is for owning the game, and not playing it?

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is Lahni quite a bit shorter than the other character choices, or is it just different framing on her portrait?

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I knew Ninja was going to be streaming this! He's going to have access to all 1st party MS games to stream :) Millions exposed and marketed to pure genious

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm assuming this is for owning the game, and not playing it?
Correct

yvlgpr8.png

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I case you missed Theorry's post. It's a reference to Gears 2.

Excellent job Slicer Dyster with the OT! great OT title as well!

Oh no, I get that, it's just that with Gears 5 they've seemed to made a very conscious decision to move away from this obnoxious dudebro machismo that also didn't really age terribly well. Doesn't really fit the game imo.

And, yeah, seeing "That's FIVE, motherfuckers!" on the first page for the next weeks just seems especially obnoxious to me. Not that big of a deal though, it's just a thread title, all good.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Oh, really? Is this a global unlock? I'd love a CEST timeframe.

Rolling 9pm unlock. If you'll be playing the game via Game Pass (and don't live in New Zealand), you'll be able to play it early by changing your console/system region to NZ:

It'll unlock first in NZ. Ultimate Edition (Game Pass Ultimate):

t1567674000z0.png

Standard edition (regular Game Pass):

t1568019600z0.png

The Steam version should also unlock on the same schedule (the pre-load/release info blog post does say "digital and participating retailers"); however, there's no hard confirmation as yet. I tried asking TC's community manager, but he misunderstood the question (he thought I was referring to the Ultimate Edition unlocking ahead of the standard edition) and didn't respond to my follow-up, which, in my experience, tends to mean the answer isn't what you want to hear. Fingers crossed, though.

Last edited:

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Pearl clutching OT titles, whatever next.

Also, having Ninja stream the campaign 2 days early fucking sucks. Spoilers will be everywhere.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
So, may I ask a question about gamepass here? It's related to Gears and I don't think it warrants a new thread.

So is gamepass what I think it is? I was checking if it was available here in Brazil (it is, beta for PC) and there is a nice discount. It's a monthly subscription that allows to me to play every game in there for "free"? Including the upcoming Gears 5? And all other Micrososoft games (I'm thinking of the Halos remastered in the future)? It feels way too good.

But it also says about buying games with a promotional price. I'm assuming this is for owning the game, and not playing it?

The answer to your question in the second paragraph is 'Yes' - And yes it feels way too good. Enjoy.

To the second point you make, games on gamepass will rotate in/out (unlikely for first party titles, but the catalogue has some churn with titles coming/going). If you choose to buy a game from the catalogue, there is a discount you get.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, I get that, it's just that with Gears 5 they've seemed to made a very conscious decision to move away from this obnoxious dudebro machismo that also didn't really age terribly well. Doesn't really fit the game imo.

And, yeah, seeing "That's FIVE, motherfuckers!" on the first page for the next weeks just seems especially obnoxious to me. Not that big of a deal though, it's just a thread title, all good.

Fair point :)

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Had no clue til now that this was going to be on GamePass Ultimate day 1. I had this game pre-ordered physically, so I just went and cancelled that! Saved me $50.

Apr 8, 2018
Slick and awesome OT!

Anyone know of a good Gears series recap video? A bit late to start replaying through the older games, plus I don't feel like downloading the behemoth that is Gears of War 4 lol.

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know the details of Play Anywhere on this title? I'm agonizing on what platform to buy it for but the actual details of play anywhere are hard to pin down. Like, if I buy it on Steam will I be able to play it on the xbox? Is play anywhere exclusive to the game pass or whatever?

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Surprisingly excited for this after having little interest for the longest time. I was going to replay 4 again in the meantime but the giant download for it quickly put a stop to that idea.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
The answer to your question in the second paragraph is 'Yes' - And yes it feels way too good. Enjoy.

To the second point you make, games on gamepass will rotate in/out (unlikely for first party titles, but the catalogue has some churn with titles coming/going). If you choose to buy a game from the catalogue, there is a discount you get.

Gratitude.

Well, I got it. Now I'm fully aboard the hype train. Will begin by replaying Gears...

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know the details of Play Anywhere on this title? I'm agonizing on what platform to buy it for but the actual details of play anywhere are hard to pin down. Like, if I buy it on Steam will I be able to play it on the xbox? Is play anywhere exclusive to the game pass or whatever?

Play Anywhere is a Xbox and Windows Store thing. Steam isn't included in it

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft Store/Xbox App on Windows 10 is the only place you can get Xbox Play Anywhere titles.
Steam is just a normal purchase.

So, if I buy it on the One I'll get a Windows Store copy of it as well? I don't really mind not having it on steam, as long as I have the option to play on PC somehow
If you buy it digitally on Xbox One, you will have the Microsoft Store version on Windows 10.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Mate, its a bit of fun, relax