• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Creating lobby
*restart lobby because player quit
Creating lobby
*restart lobby because player quit

Welp guess I'll go back to campaign but man I just wanted to play like a match or two...

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
The game is terrific except that I have more issue with the servers than I had with MCC at launch. I went through all the Gears with a friend prior and he dropped, couldn't stand the bugs and being kicked out in campaign every 5 minutes. Can't experience any online game mode without being kicked and offline, it's annoying beyond words (well I got words). It's a shame for a shining new game and an amazing studio like Coalition and FFS Microsoft is supposed to push cloud gaming in a near future? How?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So far, I've had my X turn itself off earlier, then the game just crashed to Dashboard just now.

Oct 25, 2017
yeah the servers issue are pretty bad. It's a shame since everything else is so polished and fun and gahhhhh i hope they fix it soon and fuck that noise of the campaign being "always online" causing issues for people playing SP

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Excuse my ignorance but isn't this supposed to be available on Game Pass Ultimate. Renewed today and don't see it.
Edit; IGNORE! Found it.

Last edited:

BIG J

Oct 27, 2017
ive beaten every gears co-op. was hoping to do the same for 5 but connection issues...

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
this lobby Dissolving issue isn't new. It would happen to me and my friends on Gears 4 all the way up to last weekend, sad to see this is still a problem.

the worst part about it was getting booted from the matchmaking and then getting a 30min ban for "leaving".

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
The fascinating thing is that it is the ultimate edition launch that is causing it. Usually these issues would only occur for the normies. Guess Gamepass Ultimate is doing well for them, and/or the full price ultimate edition is doing well.
I mean for a dollar extra for the month I bet a lot of impatient people like myself jumped in. Now the question is should I keep it or go back to normal game pass and 3 months of Xbox live at a time

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Oh man. Got home, messed around with my new XB1X (tried Forza 7, RDR2, MCC etc) and now am gonna sit down for some Gears. Its the perfect weather outside too. Overcast, getting cool here in NY and about to rain. LES GO.

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah was playing all day just fine but we can barely get 5 minutes now until the lobby drops everyone during our campaign run.

Frustrating.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I'm stuck at a challenge. I try to go to previous checkpoint and I'm still within it. I can't beat it on Experienced, it's too hard. Am I stuck here unless I start the chapter or screw up my difficulty for this chapter?

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
game looks so amazing and it runs so well on my pc
only the audio is a little weird and gives me a small headache. like it doesn't sound crisp enough or something, am i the only one? not seeing any options to change much in the menu

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Yooooooo, why is no-one talking
about the lightening creating glass trees in act 3?

I didn't catch the first one, the lightening struck the sandy dunes and I thought...cool, no impact crater, but it's cool but then one of those bolts hit right in front of me and....HOLY SHITBALLS!! A damn glass tree crystalized right in front of me.

That shit blew me away so much I had to pause so I could post about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I'm loving this game so much, but not being able to keep track of my collectibles when the servers are down (like now) is a game-breaking issue for me. Guess I'll be doing something else until they get back up.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how to download this game using gamepass on PC.

I subscribed for 3 months (it expires on 10/17), the store says that it's included with Gamepass Ultimate, I click the blue button with the message and it sends me to the subscribe page for Gamepass charging me for R$1 or R$2, but even if I wanted to pay again, when I'm at the checkout screen the price is R$39,99 again.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States

I subscribed for 3 months (it expires on 10/17), the store says that it's included with Gamepass Ultimate, I click the blue button with the message and it sends me to the subscribe page for Gamepass charging me for R$1 or R$2, but even if I wanted to pay again, when I'm at the checkout screen the price is R$39,99 again.
PC or Xbox?

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
I dont understand the point of supply drops when it never shows what you got, the cog fills up and nothing happens.

It's supposed to show you immediately what you received from the drop but the server issues are preventing that. You can go into your customization menu and look for the exclamation point to show you what's new but that can take a bit to show up too because of the server problems.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Chapter 2 was so long. But it was way better than the snoozefest chapter 1.

The whole
cave encounter and escape
was a buggy mess (pun not intended). From Del staying behind not doing anything, to Jack rushing forward and getting mauled by swarm, it was a pita.

Also lost a lot of time on the chapter 2 boss fight
matriarch
due to stupid camera angles.

The exploration and world building are a welcome change as they along with the music/sound effects are the only thing keeping me interested in playing.

CRiSC0

Oct 27, 2017

Do you have gamepass or gamepass ultimate? Because the game is only currently available in ultimate.

Bastos

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have gamepass or gamepass ultimate? Because the game is only currently available in ultimate.
Ultimate, I subscribed it just to play the Tech Test.
C2f8iYd.png

I can click that blue button that says "Included with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Get In now"
8Uh9E9x.png

It sends me to this screen where I can buy 2 months for R$2,00 (WTF)
XkA45LG.png

And if I click the green button that says "Enter" I'm sent to this screen where I can extend my subscription even though it's not expired yet:
eFiPXyz.png

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
What's the setting that turns off shaking screen for roadie runs?

Also why haven't I gotten the Reach characters with Ultimate?

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Checkpoints are trash in this game. My game glitched out when I had to shoot the flock in Act 2 Ch 2 and I got thrown back like 10 minutes :\

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ultimate, I subscribed it just to play the Tech Test.
C2f8iYd.png

I can click that blue button that says "Included with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Get In now"
8Uh9E9x.png

It sends me to this screen where I can buy 2 months for R$2,00 (WTF)
XkA45LG.png

And if I click the green button that says "Enter" I'm sent to this screen where I can extend my subscription even though it's not expired yet:
eFiPXyz.png
Looks like it doesnt see you have gamepass ultimate. You sure you logged in with the correct account? Also try to use the PC gaming app
www.xbox.com

Xbox App for Windows PC | Xbox

Download the Xbox app for Windows PC to play games.