• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For the New Zealand trick, do you have to change the region and region language?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Any idea when the game's gonna unlock for Steam users? Or is it the same as Xbox/Win 10 users?

Last edited:

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
EDoe3hEXsAEGQs6
Is the from the X version?

Apr 6, 2018
Yoooo, what?!?!?

Gears related or.....???
afaik no, but the last time I've talked about that with source was months ago and it looked in the early phase, it could be even be cancelled or put on ice because G5 required more workforce, or modified.
But I'm sure there was another project that was not gears related

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
I'm looking to jump into Gears 4 first, but haven't played 1-3, is there a story so far video online or included in Gears 4? I know 5 has a state of the universe video but I don't have 5 yet, hoping its online.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

"The base Xbox One version does a decent job of proving a great Gears experience although with performance compromises. The Xbox One X, too, excels with phenomenal adherence to 60fps and a large operating resolution but it's the PC version that is truly head and shoulders above the console versions. Featuring a wide variety of options and the inclusion of Ultra Textures really sets it apart from other platforms. Regardless of whatever platform you play the game on, you can be assured of one thing. Gears of War is back with a bang! "

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

"The base Xbox One version does a decent job of proving a great Gears experience although with performance compromises. The Xbox One X, too, excels with phenomenal adherence to 60fps and a large operating resolution but it's the PC version that is truly head and shoulders above the console versions. Featuring a wide variety of options and the inclusion of Ultra Textures really sets it apart from other platforms. Regardless of whatever platform you play the game on, you can be assured of one thing. Gears of War is back with a bang! "

Well then, looks like I'm downloading both the PC and X1X games.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
So you don't have to re-download the game?

No, you only switch the "place you're at" in the settings, which also switches your country store and then it automatically recognize if it's already unlocked in that country or not.

Only works this dynamically with GamePass, not with bought titles. There it checks in which country store it got bought. Which, for me, had the negative effect a few times that I bought something cheap for dollar in the us store but I couldn't play it at midnight release in my country then, only 6 hours later when it's midnight in USA. :D

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Arcade seems like a decent place to start; given the loadouts, then moving onto escalation for more traditional gears mp.
There is a gearsERA xbox community as well, check the threadmarks. That should give you folks to play with.

Escalation is going to be the highest level of play for Versus so moving on to that might be jarring if you're new.

I would suggest more beginner friendly modes like TDM or KOTH

thanks! ive mainly played FPS, not 3rd person shooters, or gears mp for that matter

any videos i should be watching to get used to it?

Any modes I should be playing?

and im alone on xbox....my buddies are only on ps4, feel free to add me all: xbox live - jorgejjvr

is there a community or discord or some xbox/gears anything that i can join?

Arcade, TDM and KOTH are modes you might want to start with seeing as they have the biggest population. more people to play with near your skill level. (Gears4/5 uses skill based matchmaking)

these videos covers some basic things like movement, awareness and shooting.

Last edited:

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, you only switch the "place you're at" in the settings, which also switches your country store and then it automatically recognize if it's already unlocked in that country or not.

Only works this dynamically with GamePass, not with bought titles. There it checks in which country store it got bought. Which, for me, had the negative effect a few times that I bought something cheap for dollar in the us store but I couldn't play it at midnight release in my country then, only 6 hours later when it's midnight in USA. :D
Dope. I'll try it out.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
From the "best looking video game ever" video, the particles part is cool. Looks like the lighting and particles are turned up to 11. Everything from bullets, ricochets, particles, etc...interacts with everything else.

giphy.gif

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
afaik no, but the last time I've talked about that with source was months ago and it looked in the early phase, it could be even be cancelled or put on ice because G5 required more workforce, or modified.
But I'm sure there was another project that was not gears related

Huh, a not Gears related project is very exciting to hear. Hopefully it wasn't canned and was put on ice until G5 shipped.

I'd love to see them flex their muscles in a new genre. Gimme that Shangheist reboot!!

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Is there a way to choose which harddrive to download the game to? Usually it asks you but it's not giving me an option. Also, is the HD texture pack a separate download?

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Ok that PC gameplay from Gamersyde is insane. Like holy shit is that absolutely gorgeous.

Apr 6, 2018
Huh, a not Gears related project is very exciting to hear. Hopefully it wasn't canned and was put on ice until G5 shipped.

I'd love to see them flex their muscles in a new genre. Gimme that Shangheist reboot!!
As he talked about it, G5 pulled for sure a lot of devs from it, but I don't know how many of them.
And he didn't talked about it like a new ip

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Depends, is the Xbox console companion app the one you're talking about? If so it still takes me to the M store to download. I just updated to 1903 to play this game so maybe there's a new app?

Yep.

This is the new app. Pc focused.
www.xbox.com

Xbox App for Windows PC | Xbox

Download the Xbox app for Windows PC to play games.

Its more reliable. I remember someone a couple of days ago having the same problem and with the app he did get the option.