• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So..sorry if this is not the place to ask:
Earlier this week,I pre-ordered Gears 5 from CDKEYS and now I'm waiting for my code.
In the meantime,If I go for the Gameapass Ultimate 1 month for early access deal while steel waiting for next week get my code,will I still be able to add the game to my library permanently,or does my Gamepass subscription will prevent it? I do have to say,I have no use for GamePass and do not plan to keep the subscription active as I have a huge backlog already,but I literally can't wait anymore to play the campaign..
You shouldn't have any problems. You can still buy or redeem a code for a game even if it's in Game Pass.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
Sighhhhhh. Logitech's shitty ass software is still causing audio issues? Happened to me with The Division 2 and now Gears. Had to uninstall it for the audio to work correctly. Is there a fix for this besides uninstalling Logitech G Hub?

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I load into ranked lobby I get bounced out before I can load into the match. That sucks.

Deleted member 7948

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
a3RdCKr.jpg

After losing all my collectibles (the game doesn't save them if you are playing offline), I find a glitched one. I'm not exploring this game anymore.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
So um, please tell me I wasn't the only one who spent too much time drawing stupid shit in the snow?

And I hereby call for a vote that we rename Jack to Dave.

#dave

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Putting health bars on the tanky enemies was such a good idea. Gives you a much better sense of their mini boss nature and damage done.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
looking for some advice here about getting the Versus running as close to 120fps as possible. this was the game's "Recommended" default quality. what are some of the most taxing quality setting I can tune down? (barring an upgrade to my rickety old CPU). Is there some effects that don't see much use in Versus compared to Campaign?

in Versus the frames range between 80-120 and would like to get that closer together.

EDzVSpVU8AA2Nny.jpg:large

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
servers still fucked up or will I be able to play co op campaign tonight?

We tried last night and got DCed every few minutes. got fed up and went to bed

Nothing but the same for me. No changes whatsoever. Got in a couple last night 90% of them kick me at the start. Some give me a code. Some load with 2 players and just sit forever.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Without intending to start a semantic argument, I think the specific language in that tweet matters. And I'm mainly frustrated by what I see as a trend on the Xbox One platform, to not be transparent with customers about Azure related server issues especially at launch.

If this was a one off thing from Microsoft I'd be more inclined to agree with you. But the fact that they are claiming that these issues are limited to a subset of users, in my eyes is totally disingenuous. The fact of the matter is that the issues are affecting all users, but the issues only happen a certain percentage of the time (or only affects specific features/services).

I'm glad they're fixing it, that's great. I think pretty much all developers would, because it's something that could impact launch sale numbers. But lets also keep in mind that they ran something that they were calling a "beta" over a month ago, and pretty much all of the issues that impacted the Beta are impacting the launch version of this game.

More broadly, I enjoy playing game's developed by Microsoft, but at the end of the day Microsoft is a corporation. And I am neither an employee or a shareholder of this company. I'd rather call-out what I see as anti-consumer behavior, rather than make excuses for them as a company. Especially when this is paired with crazy cosmetics that cost nearly as much as the game itself. Video game companies are not our friend, especially first party studios owned by one of the world's largest corporations. Again, this isn't a personal thing with any of the devs or employees at The Coalition, I just think we should start calling out broken launch products instead of making excuses. Selling a broken product is unacceptable in any other business, and it shouldn't really be tolerated in the video game industry either.
Yo. I get what you're saying. But you're making assumptions that you don't know are true. What does Azure related server issues mean? That's such a crazy broad statement as to be not practically useful for anything. And, if you read this thread, it DOESN'T affect every player. Way more than it should, 100% agree, but not everyone. We don't know what the percentage is, and honestly, it doesn't matter. It should be lower and I'll be upset if it doesn't get there. It's just weird that you're choosing to die on this "anti-consumer" hill. Microtransactions can be predatory and anti-consumer. Blocking crossplay is anti-consumer. Not doing regional pricing can be anti-consumer. These are things that are bad for the consumer, but good for the corporation. That's not what's happening here. Yea, let's call out broken launches. Let's do it accurately rather than overstating our argument and eroding our own position. That's all I'm saying.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I can't believe I've invested hours exploring on a Gears game.

Haha, I thought the exact same thing when I started the game. I'm going to spend hours just looking around. I wonder how many people miss the collectible at the beginning of the game in the very first area? If you don't take your time and wander around and go down that lowest path on the left, you will miss it.

Feels like an Uncharted / Tomb Raider game.

I'm already over here worried that I've missed some collectibles.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I thought the exact same thing when I started the game. I'm going to spend hours just looking around. I wonder how many people miss the collectible at the beginning of the game in the very first area? If you don't take your time and wander around and go down that lowest path on the left, you will miss it.

Yeah. It's fun to explore in Gears but with the open areas is even better. I lost that collectable you are mentioning lol.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Probably mentioned multiple times already but the accessibility features and options in the game should be lauded.

We'll all be old an/or unable to do things considered 'normal', I hope games in the future cater for this wretched, aging body of mine.

Jan 4, 2018
Man, Gears has had some insufferable characters in the past, but Fahz takes the cake. Dumb voice, personality, sunglasses, and haircut. Needlessly aggressive to the main cast and has shitty views on civilians.

I don't even want him to get better or develop. I just want him to get sent to die off screen.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Man the servers are fucked right now. Can't get into ranked. Can't play quickplay. Can't even play customs.

Kodaemon

Banned
Jul 21, 2019
User banned (permanent): trolling a community, repeated other instances of trolling, account in junior phase
I give absolutely no fucks about this franchise. It's always been trash. Why are we having the logo plastered here?

Nov 6, 2017
Question about the horde / escape skills. The skills are unlocked when reaching a specific character level. But how do I level up the skills further? All I can see is MTX (iron) for a level up, but there has to be another way with duplicates, but how do I get those?

Cabana Boy

Oct 28, 2017
2 acts into this game after only looking for a taste since i already have the darn gamepass, all the while being halfway through Control and deep into Fire Emblem. WTF am i dooooooooooooing

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Probably mentioned multiple times already but the accessibility features and options in the game should be lauded.

We'll all be old an/or unable to do things considered 'normal', I hope games in the future cater for this wretched, aging body of mine.

Amen to that, accessibility is one of the things MS is championing. More companies should be doing this.

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I give absolutely no fucks about this franchise. It's always been trash. Why are we having the logo plastered here?
I GIVE NO FUCKS ABOUT THIS FRANCHISE
*sees ResetEra logo change for one day
*hunts down the official Gears 5 OT
*posts about how little fucks they give

if you really give no fucks ignore the logo for a day and move on damn lmao

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017

Thanks for that hint. I started on my "X" and was missing 2 for Act 1/Chapter 1. Then played it on my PC and replayed it and still could not find the 2 I was missing. I am basically missing the first 2. I thought I looked around as well. I will now have to go back for it!

Kodaemon

Banned
Jul 21, 2019
The franchise is literally hateful. I mean, rape camps are canonical. Good for you for liking this.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Putting health bars on the tanky enemies was such a good idea. Gives you a much better sense of their mini boss nature and damage done.

When I heard there were going to be health bars my first response "fuck that, i'll turn them off". Then I played the game and it worked out fine. I'd be OK if they weren't there at all, but I'm not bothered by them. Probably helps in co-op.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Anyways...

Started last night and got through the Boot Camp. I'm already loving the health indicators and the shooting. Shooting is super tight, and I really appreciate knowing how much health some of the tankier enemies have

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not saying the causes are super obvious. I'm just saying that it's clear that these issues are not affecting a small number of users. There is no way that's true. This is not a user related issue, this is something on their end. I only bring up MCC because these frustrating launches of Microsoft first party titles are becoming a theme.

MCC was a long time ago. It was also an outlier. There launches are on par with the rest of the industry.

That said, it is frustrating.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Gears of War 1 Ultimate to prepare for Gears 5, but I think I'm just going to skip 2, 3, and Judgement and only play 4 before playing 5. I feel like I'd burn myself out otherwise.